Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,106,859 Views | 224617 Replies | Last: 55 min ago by bmoochie
UpstateAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I think I will pick up some shares if it falls to another 10%.
tamc1956ag
S
Anyone bullish on RRTS?
UpstateAg
AG
A few of us on here have (OA has some confidence in them, which is what got my attention...).
gougler08
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Big trades in JD. Seen that before. Big hilder wants to end the daily drop into $35's. Watch JD for explosion move out of its channel.
JD just can't break out
Rice and Fries
Who's buying on this SN dip?

I may start going back to some other permian drillers.
AggieMainland
I'd like to buy more SN in the $2.80s if it gets there.
leoj
AG
Oa, hope you didn't do anything with Flotek
Ed Carter
AG
What are y'all's opinions on TWTR from a long standpoint? I bought it in the low 40s a while back and I've held on.
Ragoo
AG
Ed Carter said:

What are y'all's opinions on TWTR from a long standpoint? I bought it in the low 40s a while back and I've held on.
i am holding and selling calls where it makes sense.
Ragoo
AG
Roku is trading up 6% early in AH.
gougler08
AG
Ed Carter said:

I'm in the same spot...not really needing to free that cash up at this point so I'll just be sitting on it for a while as it (hopefully) starts its climb back up
pacecar02
ROKU, nice earnings win...FINALLY
Ragoo
AG
pacecar02 said:

long at 40.97. Been selling calls to reduce basis. Think my basis is now somewhere around $39.50.
leoj
AG
I talked myself out of buying some roku calls today. Scared money doesn't make money
gougler08
AG
Ragoo said:

pacecar02 said:

long at 40.97. Been selling calls to reduce basis. Think my basis is now somewhere around $39.50.
Nicely done
UpstateAg
AG
Will JD break through 36.50 today?
gougler08
AG
UpstateAg said:

Already did early, but came right back down. Resistance seems pretty firm on that downward trend line
IrishTxAggie
AG
Anyone eyeing some decent calls? I'm jonesing right now as my NKTR holdings are sitting in limbo waiting for this panic crap to stop this morning. I did get a $52.50 order fill that I forgot I had set in TD Ameritrade, so that was nice.
UpstateAg
AG
I'm just messing around selling chk calls. If I can buy some more IQ when/if it hits around 29, I'll start selling those too.
oldarmy1
AG
Been swamped in that other world of business. RRTS decided to take the full charge in the restructure. That headline of a 90 cent loss made people miss the record revenues and strong growth. I dove in hard yesterday and think we are back above $2 quickly.

Now we have a quarter to wait for seeing those earnings remain strong. If they do then we are looking at a 83 cents per share profit equivalency.

You think that would be a stock moving turnaround story?
oldarmy1
AG
This and BBOX are my Intelesat (I) from 2017.

Pull up the daily chart and see what I was buying while others were dissing it.

These are not short trade period stocks. These are betting on the horses plays. I only need one of the two to succeed. Anyone care to buy my Intelesat for $2.45, my average accumulation period price?

Forget pump and dump stocks. I love the angst around services, technology, markets in demand that screwed the pooch but have a great concept.

There is no guarantees so I'm investing in the horse. Certainly not for those who can't tolerate risk or have no patience. And that is absolutely fine. Never beat yourself up for what makes ya tick.
IrishTxAggie
AG
Stock market is gambling. Don't bet what you can't afford to lose.
oldarmy1
AG
Slow down!!! $1.97

Let's not get momentum here by hitting above $2.10. Need my calls to expire worthless next Friday.
aggiehunter3
AG
Been slammed at work this week, so I just put on a few trades in my smaller RH account. The best of which being 8/17 $45 YELP calls at .59 into earnings. A twitter handle I follow alerted the chart, as it had been beaten down lately and everyone knows ERs are 50/50 gambles. This one ended up being a good one, as it blew out the quarter and raised guidance. I sold half at $2.4 and the others have traded as high as $3.50 this morning with a week left til expiration.

59 South
AG
Thoughts on SN? Doomed or another gift buying opportunity? I know you mentioned a while back that if it went back under $3 you'd consider it a failed position...
Ragoo
AG
aggiehunter3 said:

Been slammed at work this week, so I just put on a few trades in my smaller RH account. The best of which being 8/17 $45 YELP calls at .59 into earnings. A twitter handle I follow alerted the chart, as it had been beaten down lately and everyone knows ERs are 50/50 gambles. This one ended up being a good one, as it blew out the quarter and raised guidance. I sold half at $2.4 and the others have traded as high as $3.50 this morning with a week left til expiration.

you currently have ~2.40 of intrinsic value in these calls. The other dollar is extrinsic and will decay next week as you get closer to expiration. Actually, the entire option itself will decay to $0. Unless you plan to buy the stock I'd take your money and walk.
oldarmy1
AG
59 South said:

Thoughts on SN? Doomed or another gift buying opportunity? I know you mentioned a while back that if it went back under $3 you'd consider it a failed position...
Since I own it net free I'm not selling it. It needs to be back above $3 showing support here pronto.

The institutional positions remained static so if new positions were to be added on this move it would begin quickly with a bounce to $3.50 area. Earnings coming out on a day when oil was down over $2.50 didn't help but a rubberband move back up has to happen within 5 days IMO or else SN is in for a long road.

oldarmy1
AG
RRTS $2

I know you guys want a momentum move but I need it to calm the heck down!
Aggie09Derek
AG
Where can we find that chart?
ProgN
Keep your eyes on Dropbox (DBX) they are reporting earnings after the close.
aggiehunter3
AG
Ragoo said:

aggiehunter3 said:

you currently have ~2.40 of intrinsic value in these calls. The other dollar is extrinsic and will decay next week as you get closer to expiration. Actually, the entire option itself will decay to $0. Unless you plan to buy the stock I'd take your money and walk.
I think you and I think about options differently. By selling half at $2.4 I locked in my principal plus a minimum profit of 97% even if the other half expire worthless. What if the stock goes to $50-55 next week? Then the extrinsic value is $5+. For me with options it's all about r/r. Once I've recouped my cost plus I'm looking for the homerun.
gougler08
AG
gougler08 said:

UpstateAg said:

Already did early, but came right back down. Resistance seems pretty firm on that downward trend line
Bounced again
CT-11
AG
Of course the first time I sell puts is on a stock that drops over 40% in the following weeks lol. My fault for jumping into a new strategy on a random stock I don't know enough about.

Fortunately I had ROKU calls this morning
IrishTxAggie
AG
Mind sharing which one?
CT-11
AG
The dirty Sanchez bros SN. I trade mostly FANG/tech and wanted to diversify sectors.

Stick to what you know, or trade very small when trying new strategies my lesson. I also learned what stock assignment was haha! Gonna have to sell calls after bounce to drop my avg price down
First Page Last Page
Page 184 of 6418

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.