Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,099,590 Views | 224561 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by ProgN
oldarmy1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
0708aggie said:

Well looks like all the SN longs got royally crapped on. OA what are your thoughts?

My thoughts are to never go into earnings without a hedge. I closed my $4 Put on the obvious bottom mark just above $3.20. Net impact om holding price from close yesterday? 3 freaking cents!

So ALWAYS take the cheap hedge. CHK checked up but then moved higher so you lose/give back 4cents per share on the worthless options. Do you think I care when the stock moved 30 cents higher?

It's a brutal profession. Protect your capital is #1 rule of engagement.
Dobre casy
AG
OA- agreed on a hedge with earnings. But what can you do to hedge something like RRTS earnings. It's a $2.05 stock with no $2 puts available.
oldarmy1
AG
RRTS options are the strangest trade on the markets.

Someone actually paid $15/option for a $2.50 Strike price expiring next Friday. Now someone is bidding $10/contract. So if anyone cares to you can sell naked calls to the buyer 10 contracts = 100 premium. You could go risky that the shares won't jump to $2.50 on earnings tomorrow. Or you can buy shares here at $2.06 and either be at $1.96 net of the stock trends but stays below $2.50 or you make $.55/share if called out.

There should be no bid IMO. I have a few at a nickel that I was buying back. I had sold those calls at 40 and 45 cents.

And yes, I will be pissed off if the stock somehow were to jump above $2.50 after early earnings release in the morning.

But think about a naked call means you would owe someone those shares at $2.50. It would have to open at $2.60 for you to lose money on the naked Call.

You could buy it at $2.40 on the rise and break even.
Dobre casy
AG
Thanks for the insight OA!
oldarmy1
AG
BBOX doing its every day thing last 6 sessions. Opens around $1.50 dips down intraday and moves back up.

Note that 5 of the last 6 intraday lows are higher then previous days.

Also, a note out of courtesy to this group. I will sell up to 50k shares at $1.70-$1.75. Simply part of my average down holdings strategy. Nothing unique or alarming.
oldarmy1
AG
Financials perking up after resting from initial move. MS looks to be about to break upward.

Reached $50.85 early. Had slow decent, found bottom and moving off that. Any momentum into close likely gets follow through tomorrow.
gougler08
AG
Thoughts on the wave pattern OA? Seems like we're really trying to break up out of this one...
oldarmy1
AG
1 of you guys sell the naked RRTS call at 10 cents?

Looks like only 3 contracts filled. If its one of you on here I'll finish your lot at a dime. I'm trying to keep volume low on the bid as I am alone.
59 South
AG
I've got 40 covered calls out there for sale at 10c limit. None have filled though.
oldarmy1
AG
gougler08 said:

Thoughts on the wave pattern OA? Seems like we're really trying to break up out of this one...

Well at least we're playing in the upper half of the sideways pattern. We are close to Feb 27th DOW secondary peak, so expect some resistance and likely pullback tomorrow.

S&P already broke through that period peak and is right on its R2 resistance. I sold some ES as a hedge looking for pullback tomorrow but momentum can crush that if it stays intact.

We are only a couple dozen points from all time high on SPX. I refuse to part with all the great buys from the retests. Don't fight the tape.
oldarmy1
AG
DBX taking a look at a breakout.

Who was it on here that joined on the OLED leap options? Weeeee
oldarmy1
AG
Big trades in JD. Seen that before. Big hilder wants to end the daily drop into $35's. Watch JD for explosion move out of its channel.
tailgatetimer10
AG
AVEO is clear for take off
oldarmy1
AG
S&P fading into close. Hedge already moved well.
IrishTxAggie
AG
tailgatetimer10 said:

AVEO is clear for take off

Don't worry... It'll come back down to $2.03 soon enough.
gougler08
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Big trades in JD. Seen that before. Big hilder wants to end the daily drop into $35's. Watch JD for explosion move out of its channel.
JD has bumped up against that downward trend line a few times lately...it's getting wedged in tight between major resistance around $35 and this $36.50(ish) line, so would be nice for it to break out now (especially before earnings)
TheBiggerEvent
AG
RRTS down 17% and falling after hours
Señor Chang
AG
Just put in a buy order for RRTS.

Papa John's down 10+% after hours

SNAP was up over 10% immediately after the market closed, but they are negative now.
Ragoo
AG
After hours moved can be miss leading as the volumes are generally much lower the bid/ask can move up dramatically.
oldarmy1
AG
I see no release on RRTS. A while ago I saw wherr Elliott Associated reported a 9.5% stake in it. That's not negative news.

http://stocknewsflow.com/1440024_000101359418000488_0001013594-18-000488
Aggie09Derek
AG
Applied Optoelectronics (AAOI) up 20%+ after hours today

Any of yall still holding (I got in awhile back based on this thread)?
oldarmy1
AG
RRTS shot up to $2.50 on the Elliott stake news release. Then a total of 7k shares sent it down to as low as $1.60. Now $1.73 x $1.90

Only 400 shares offered at $1.90. Tom foolery.
Señor Chang
AG
I had a partial order of 392 shares of RRTS filled at $1.60
UpstateAg
AG
I tried too late to get in even at 1.73.
oldarmy1
AG
Seor Chang said:

I had a partial order of 392 shares of RRTS filled at $1.60

You win the market today. Back to $1.90.
Brian DeSpain
Any thoughts on JROOF? Looks like they are making some sound moves in SCOOP play.
badharambe
AG
LOL! I thought it would be a great place to promote learning and conversation in a more direct manner but clearly the texag market has no demand for it.

I'll be posting a lot of my trading ideas on there anyway just to log them.
badharambe
AG
I was looking to snag AAOI at low-mid 36's since Friday but it never got to it. Super high short float %. This bad boy can squeeze some shorts, which it clearly did in AH due to ER.
Guitarsoup
AG
https://marketexclusive.com/roadrunner-transportation-systems-inc-nyserrts-files-an-8-k-results-of-operations-and-financial-condition-5/2018/08/
UpstateAg
AG
Is there a summary? On the road this morning.
Guitarsoup
AG
Not yet. Think earnings lower than expected
aggielax48
AG
There is an exhibit you can view within that link. I don't know what was expected but it looks like they took a 11.4 million 2nd quarter loss, with much of that due to restructuring. They state a positive outlook based on the restructuring.
UpstateAg
AG
RRTS EPS @ -1.09.
Dr. Faustus
AG
RRTS getting crushed at the opening bell
Guitarsoup
AG
Sooo... get your average share price down?
First Page Last Page
Page 183 of 6417

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.