Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,029,733 Views | 224265 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by ProgN
oldarmy1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Box nice pop out of recent wave down. Was this the end of a mini wave? See a lot of stocks with similar pattern.
oldarmy1
AG
You see the hoser short that sold 1 share at $23.79 right after close in FDC, just to have it print last price versus $23.99.
oldarmy1
AG
Ranger222 said:

Thinking we may be setting up here for a move higher......the 279ish area in SPY got tested early this morning and have bounced so far....has held 2x now....I'm taking the risk and loading up on some beaten up names that I plan to hold for a while. Here are a few things I'm seeing --

Really like taking a shot on Micron here.....this is the spot I've ben waiting for to load up again. Bought stock today and like Sept 55 C if you want to play with options. Would add more if it breaks out of wedge

Box has been mentioned quite a bit and its been frustrating, but this could be the opportunity to dip a toe in. I think this company is eventually acquired

Docusign another company that has its own thread on this board....been building in this range and could be ready to go

You guys realize if you had entered Rangers 3 trades this morning you would be up a net 17%?

Told you he knows what hes doing.
tailgatetimer10
AG
I did buy DocuSign, and am super happy.

I didn't even realize they were publicly traded
khkman22
AG
oldarmy1 said:

SWN beat on net and revenue. That was a surprise to the markets. I read some guy saying to buy tons of Puts as a trade against earnings
I missed the boat on the ideal buy in range, but I got in at $4.85 in May and sold my second round of $5.50 covered calls this week. Basis is lowered to $4.40 now. Glad to see the good news today.
oldarmy1
AG
khkman22 said:

oldarmy1 said:

SWN beat on net and revenue. That was a surprise to the markets. I read some guy saying to buy tons of Puts as a trade against earnings
I missed the boat on the ideal buy in range, but I got in at $4.85 in May and sold my second round of $5.50 covered calls this week. Basis is lowered to $4.40 now. Glad to see the good news today.
Got right in and went right to work on the covered call strategy. You're gonna be a good one!
Ranger222
AG
Shameless plug I started a twitter account a few weeks back where I post charts like the ones I have posted here. I post more often with more names there as it is easier to upload images. You can follow along at

@trades_jk

You can also check out my "following" list on that account and find a lot of the people I read and get ideas from. Maybe it'll help others like it has helped me
Guitarsoup
AG
Ranger222 said:

Shameless plug I started a twitter account a few weeks back where I post charts like the ones I have posted here. I post more often with more names there as it is easier to upload images. You can follow along at

@trades_jk

You can also check out my "following" list on that account and find a lot of the people I read and get ideas from. Maybe it'll help others like it has helped me
You have a new follower. Use it wisely.
gougler08
AG
Guitarsoup said:

Ranger222 said:

@trades_jk

You have a new follower. Use it wisely.
gougler08
AG
Futures are green this morning, seems like we are at least thinking about bucking the wave trend
jtmoney03
AG
Opened a small position in BLNK, chasing earnings next week. There was a $6.50 pop in the week leading up to and the day after earnings. In at $2.87 and have a stop loss at $2.50. Growth has been the name of their game this quarter and they inked a partnership to allow them to put charging stations overseas. A risky play, but potentially high reward in a volatile stock.
oldarmy1
AG
Dont look now but BBOX is $1.51
tailgatetimer10
AG
Beat me to it
oldarmy1
AG
One strategy I love to apply on options expiring on Fridays is to enter the cheap option close to the money and enter a trade with extremely limited risk.

Example FEYE

$15 Puts around a dime with stock around strike. You have a 10 cent total risk for the day to see if it recovers and goes higher. Thay is some extremely small risk against potential gain.
oldarmy1
AG
S&P broke out above yesterday on volume. Watch for challenge of 2850 levels.
TheBiggerEvent
AG
Nice play.
pacecar02
TVIX is looking to be at a low

Is VIX really bottoming out? Or is this a good time to go long?
UpstateAg
AG
Sold my first put today. A mega deal (not really, just getting used to it) of $4 10/19 for CHK. I already own a couple hundred shares of it, and trust that it will recover in a year. OA and Ranger, dumb first try for selling puts?
gougler08
AG
WMT looks to be breaking up after finally getting past 90 on the third try today, if it holds on Monday then next hurdle is around 94
PPAag06
AG
You sure it was Oct 2019 or was it Oct 19, 2018. Reason I ask is I have the ability to buy an Oct 19, 2018 but not an Oct 2019.
UpstateAg
AG
10/19/18.
gougler08
AG
gougler08 said:

WMT looks to be breaking up after finally getting past 90 on the third try today, if it holds on Monday then next hurdle is around 94

May have jinxed myself
PPAag06
AG
Ok, your recovery in a year comment confused me so wanted to make sure you didn't miss something. I'm far from an expert but I like the trade. Stock would have to dip 15% and go through some support to get there.
pacecar02
FB is borked at the moment, cant reach the site
UpstateAg
AG
IQ getting hammered again. Give it a year. It will dominate (says the person who owns more than he cares to admit).
Just sold 2.5 put on RRTS 3 months out. I plan on owning it, and almost bought it outright, but then thought...what would OA do?
Answer: buy a lot, make a lot, and do it better than me.
oldarmy1
AG
S&P reaching R1 Pivot point
oldarmy1
AG
UpstateAg said:

IQ getting hammered again. Give it a year. It will dominate (says the person who owns more than he cares to admit).
Just sold 2.5 put on RRTS 3 months out. I plan on owning it, and almost bought it outright, but then thought...what would OA do?

I just sold 28.50 August 10 Puts naked on IQ. I'll take shares net $27.50 or the $1k per 10 contracts sold naked if it bounces.
gougler08
AG
oldarmy1 said:

UpstateAg said:

I just sold 28.50 August 10 Puts naked on IQ. I'll take shares net $27.50 or the $1k per 10 contracts sold naked if it bounces.
So your thought here is that if the stock continues to go down, you're ok with taking the $27.50/share and going long on the stock, but if it bounces back up, just take the $1 premium/share and call it a day?

Still learning options here and am thinking about dipping my toes in sometime soon
clobby
AG
CRON almost at previous support
PPAag06
AG
Looking at a few sales of puts. In theory, why would they not all net out to the same amount?

SWN - Ticker
8/10 Puts

$6 Put - $0.93 - net price $5.07
$5.5 Put - $0.45 - net price $5.05
$5 Put - $0.11 - net price $4.89

I have a guess but would prefer the educated jump in and preach.

Ragoo
AG
gougler08 said:

oldarmy1 said:

UpstateAg said:

So your thought here is that if the stock continues to go down, you're ok with taking the $27.50/share and going long on the stock, but if it bounces back up, just take the $1/share and call it a day?

Still learning options here and am thinking about dipping my toes in sometime soon
yes. When you sell put options you are collecting premium for the obligation to purchase the shares at that price if the price closes at or below the strike at expiration.
oldarmy1
AG
I like when the bid is above the last trade.

Happened 5 times today on BBOX as sellers drove it down and now we are back up close to open.

About to get interesting.
Guitarsoup
AG
Break even on BBOX.

RRTS is still kicking my butt, though.
oldarmy1
AG
Guitarsoup said:

Break even on BBOX.

Didn't you buy in at $2.29 area on RRTS?
Guitarsoup
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Guitarsoup said:

Break even on BBOX.

Didn't you buy in at $2.29 area on RRTS?

First Page Last Page
Page 181 of 6408

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.