Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

21,514,183 Views | 223258 Replies | Last: 4 hrs ago by Heineken-Ashi
Dr. Faustus
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
RRTS has slid ~20% recently. Is this still a long term hold for some folks, or are y'all getting worried?
IrishTxAggie
AG
Oldarmy has said numerous times that he is bullish on BBOX.
Guitarsoup
AG
Dr. Faustus said:

RRTS has slid ~20% recently. Is this still a long term hold for some folks, or are y'all getting worried?
All that slide is since I bought in. Sorry guys.
oldarmy1
AG
Dr. Faustus said:

I'm long RRTS as a high risk/high reward holding but I'm also being greedy by hoping it doesn't make a run before August 17th options expiration, so I can bank the full 40 cents per share Call Options sold.

Don't hate me.
oldarmy1
AG
Once BBOX announces sale of their government business it will get a nice boost. Then Trammel delivering on earnings will be the driver.

He's been successful every where he's come in so this is betting on the horse. And my stake is now like owning a Triple Crown contender so he better deliver!
oldarmy1
AG
S&P lock step with AAPL push to 207.

Will be very interesting to see if this becomes a flash move or a rally cry.
gougler08
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Right on que. SPX filled the gap 2812 and pull back. Man that is such easy money every dang time. Once you see the lows hold and movement higher buy the S&P ETF's or short TVIX.

And I always exit within 2 points of the gap fill to get upward momentum (downward if short TVIX). Then watch how markets handle the pullback. See if it returns or fails.

Profit!

Thank you market makers!!!
SPX up to 2815, trending up now that it broke the 2812 mark?
oldarmy1
AG
gougler08 said:

oldarmy1 said:

Right on que. SPX filled the gap 2812 and pull back. Man that is such easy money every dang time. Once you see the lows hold and movement higher buy the S&P ETF's or short TVIX.

And I always exit within 2 points of the gap fill to get upward momentum (downward if short TVIX). Then watch how markets handle the pullback. See if it returns or fails.

Profit!

Thank you market makers!!!
SPX up to 2815, trending up now that it broke the 2812 mark?

That entire move was tied to AAPL reaching trillion valuation. I bought TVIX as a hedge on the flash down to $37.50
oldarmy1
AG
Apple dropped $3 seconds after reaching it. Everyone, including biggest money knows every eye is on that as an inflection point. I think it powers above $212 before a pullback.

So if the S&P can break to new high intraday (caution for double top) then we push higher.
Guitarsoup
AG
I am holding my BBOX and RRTS. So you guys should probably all sell.
tailgatetimer10
AG
My bbox holdings is purely held out of trusting OA
oldarmy1
AG
tailgatetimer10 said:

My bbox holdings is purely held out of trusting OA

Of course these are highly speculative stocks but I have done some homework on them, including speaking to people in the companies.

Some things need to go right, but isn't that the case with any business? I like BBOX CEO. He came on board to right the ship and has a track record of doing so.

RRTS has tons of freight distribution and logisitics. They leveraged too much, had a CFO fudge numbers and got hammered. But their model is a good one if they can get their financing improved.

They might sell as well.
leoj
AG
Sonos taking off. Seems like a lot of the tech ipo's this year have done well.
UpstateAg
AG
I'm waiting on bbox hitting around a dollar. Maybe I should do an options trade instead?
tailgatetimer10
AG
Sell a put
UpstateAg
AG
Not an attractive put available right now.
tramaro1
AG
OA, do you think FDC will continue to run? I have a couple call options here till Aug 17, wonder if I should let it ride or take my 40% profit?
Ranger222
AG
Twitter could see a move back to 34 in the next couple of days if it wants to move with the other leaders.....might be a chance to load up. I'd take profits at 34 and see how it behaves
UpstateAg
AG
Thoughts on this sell put for bbox:
Dec 21 2.50
johnson2012
AG
Anyone carry TSLA calls into today? Congrats if so.

I personally have no stake and really just cant see where the value keeps coming from. I guess you either buy into Musk or you don't.
ClickClack
AG
johnson2012 said:

I personally have no stake and really just cant see where the value keeps coming from. I guess you either buy into Musk or you don't.

~10% move was already priced in pre-earnings
gougler08
AG
johnson2012 said:

I personally have no stake and really just cant see where the value keeps coming from. I guess you either buy into Musk or you don't
I understand that people are looking to the future with this valuation, but TSLA is a manufacturing wreck right now and their losses continue to grow and not shrink, I just don't see how it can get a 14% boost in a day
khkman22
AG
gougler08 said:

johnson2012 said:

I personally have no stake and really just cant see where the value keeps coming from. I guess you either buy into Musk or you don't
I understand that people are looking to the future with this valuation, but TSLA is a manufacturing wreck right now and their losses continue to grow and not shrink, I just don't see how it can get a 14% boost in a day
I told myself that the next time it gets to $370 I was going to buy some puts. I'm normally short, so it depends on the premium and how far OTM the strike is, but I may finally bet against them with a max loss trade.
tailgatetimer10
AG
Bbox on the move, 1.46
Guitarsoup
AG
tailgatetimer10 said:

Bbox on the move, 1.46
I'm almost break even.
jtmoney03
AG
Don't know if you guys on Robinhood caught it, but they added pre and after market hour trading today for everyone. Happy additional trading to you cheapskates!
oldarmy1
AG
khkman22 said:

gougler08 said:

johnson2012 said:

I told myself that the next time it gets to $370 I was going to buy some puts. I'm normally short, so it depends on the premium and how far OTM the strike is, but I may finally bet against them with a max loss trade.

On TSLA I bought $400 calls before earnings yesterday out to Jan. My plan is to see if the stock hits that $375 mark and short it for half the calls giving me a $25 risk, less premium. I'd sell half the calls once premium was $25 to give me a $425 cover trade. I think 1 or 2 more quarters to show this guy is all talk is all it will take to see TSLA nosedive.
Ragoo
AG
I took a gamble 6 weeks ago or so and completely liquidated my Roth IRA. I then bought 1600 shares of Roku. I have sold covered called against those shares at a strike of 46.50 expiring tomorrow. If it looks like we will finished there I will buy back 3 of the 16 contracts for a nearly net free holding. I think I will be net free in 260 or so of those shares.
oldarmy1
AG
Guitarsoup said:

tailgatetimer10 said:

Bbox on the move, 1.46
I'm almost break even.

We are going to show you how we break curses.
oldarmy1
AG
tramaro1 said:

OA, do you think FDC will continue to run? I have a couple call options here till Aug 17, wonder if I should let it ride or take my 40% profit?

FDC looks solid. Earnings beat and some shorts tried to dampen down the move but it looks ready to bust out of $24 for a nice move upwards.

FDC is a long term holding that I trade options on periodically for extra scratch.
UpstateAg
AG
Would a 12/21 put on BBOX of 2.50 be worth it? Break even would make it 1.15/share
Edit to add that I have been on the sidelines and have been reading up on the ceo
oldarmy1
AG
SQ was -3 premarket. Ended +$5.88

You look at that and should be able to tell you about underlying strength.

SQ beat earnings. $75 should be ciricled on that stock for covered call mark.
oldarmy1
AG
UpstateAg said:

Would a 12/21 put on BBOX of 2.50 be worth it? Break even would make it 1.15/share
Edit to add that I have been on the sidelines and have been reading up on the ceo

Makes you a nice return if shares move to $2?50 by then. Or you enter at a price lower than you can buy it by 18%.

Depending on your broker they might take the underlying value away from available equity during that time.
oldarmy1
AG
SWN beat on net and revenue. That was a surprise to the markets. I read some guy saying to buy tons of Puts as a trade against earnings
leoj
AG
SWN with a beat. Seems like a good quarter
First Page Last Page
Page 180 of 6379

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.