Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,027,073 Views | 224251 Replies | Last: 38 min ago by Brian Earl Spilner
pacecar02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
lol, i'm a very poor prognosticator

put order is set for the morning minus any last min adjustments based on the overnight movement

aggiehunter3
AG
Trump increasing tariffs to 25%...
treetop flyer
Trump just jinxed 401ks everywhere.
gougler08
AG
Just when it looked like we make break the wave trend
oldarmy1
AG
He timed ot with AAPL blowout earnings thinking less impact but geez man. I had a perfect set up going into tomorrow.

Also noticed BBOX had attention today that carried over after hours. Keep an eye on it above $1.50
PPAag06
AG
Not that Trump needs it, but he could make tons of money just trading off his own news. He literally can sway a market with a tweet. Blows technicals, fundamentals, and all common sense out the window when trading. Tough to judge.
ranchag04
AG
PPAag06 said:

Not that Trump needs it, but he could make tons of money just trading off his own news. He literally can sway a market with a tweet. Blows technicals, fundamentals, and all common sense out the window when trading. Tough to judge.

One thing I have learned is that there is no common sense in trading....go against logic.
model d
25% feels more like a bargaining tactic than eventual steady state. Been surprised at how little the trade stuff has been priced in so far. Companies can only pass this on so much and for so long.

Personally bullish on $TAMU. Real degenerates play college football playoff options markets.
UpstateAg
AG
Well, CHK is out. Not what I had hoped... still long
tailgatetimer10
oldarmy1
AG
You could see it coming on CHK which is why I suggested Puts.

BBOX moving. $1.45 pre
oldarmy1
AG
DBX received an upgrade to buy target $32. Up a buck premarket. It had fallen below major support to all time lows so short covering might give it some extra juice short term.
tailgatetimer10
AG
Just glanced over the report, this isn't bad at all..

The short interest could drag it down further though
UpstateAg
AG
In a year, people will be kicking themselves that they were dumb and bought high and sold low.
gougler08
AG
LADR up 3+% today
UpstateAg
AG
Would you ever consider selling LADR today at the high, and wait for it to go back to 15.70s?
gougler08
AG
UpstateAg said:

Would you ever consider selling LADR today at the high, and wait for it to go back to 15.70s?
I only bought in at 15.70, but I'm long on it. With that 8% dividend, any growth is icing on the cake to me as this was just some funds that I wanted to be in a relatively safe area after putting money in more volatile tech/growth stocks
aggiehunter3
AG
aapl closing in on 1 trillion MC
IrishTxAggie
AG
aggiehunter3 said:

aapl closing in on 1 trillion MC
I get the sense there is going to be a little bit of a pullback after they hit it.
gougler08
AG
What spooked the market? Big sell off over the past 30 min
oldarmy1
AG
UpstateAg said:

It's a new trend high bit has been a slow trend so how about selling a $16 covered call into September.

Only thing is this is a dividend long hold so if shares get called out obviously no dividend. But if you were thinking of selling then why not the covered call?
wxguy95
AG
gougler08 said:

What spooked the market? Big sell off over the past 30 min
Bad housing numbers.
Señor Chang
AG
oldarmy1, you buying more RRTS at this price?
clobby
AG
I went ahead and lowered my average
oldarmy1
AG
Markets couldn't break the wave so here we go. Hope everyone hedged, sold or otherwise prepared for it.
oldarmy1
AG
Will AAPL have an exhaustion drop next week after becoming a trillion dollar company in a second?

Will that marker bring buyers into the market and AAPL power upward?
UpstateAg
AG
Must...fight...temptation....to buy when I see red. I wonder how low things will go? And IQ is going to be on the 20s if it can't bounce off 30.
gougler08
AG
WMT seems to be in a pretty well defined upward (slightly) wedge at this point. Key numbers look to be around $90 for a break out up or $87.50 for a break down

tamc1956ag
S
oldarmy1 said:

You could see it coming on CHK which is why I suggested Puts.

BBOX moving. $1.45 pre
Do you think BBOX is a good buy?
Ranger222
AG
Thinking we may be setting up here for a move higher......the 279ish area in SPY got tested early this morning and have bounced so far....has held 2x now....I'm taking the risk and loading up on some beaten up names that I plan to hold for a while. Here are a few things I'm seeing --

Really like taking a shot on Micron here.....this is the spot I've ben waiting for to load up again. Bought stock today and like Sept 55 C if you want to play with options. Would add more if it breaks out of wedge

Box has been mentioned quite a bit and its been frustrating, but this could be the opportunity to dip a toe in. I think this company is eventually acquired

Docusign another company that has its own thread on this board....been building in this range and could be ready to go

Joseph Parrish
AG
Ranger222 said:

Docusign another company that has its own thread on this board....been building in this range and could be ready to go

I used Docusign when I sold my house, and when I bought my new one just recently. It makes the tedious paperwork so much easier.
tamc1956ag
S
Help please on box?
aggiehunter3
AG
aggiehunter3 said:

AAPL - nice beat on top and bottom, although slight miss on iphones

All ears will be on forward guidance

Into this ER I've held my September 210s, I also added a lotto straddle 165/205
My 210s at $3.6 from .8. 205s at 1.5 from .24...out of most of these and just holding a couple in case we see continuation tomorrow.

Taking enough of the 210s off here for a net free hold into September.
oldarmy1
AG
Right on que. SPX filled the gap 2812 and pull back. Man that is such easy money every dang time. Once you see the lows hold and movement higher buy the S&P ETF's or short TVIX.

And I always exit within 2 points of the gap fill to get upward momentum (downward if short TVIX). Then watch how markets handle the pullback. See if it returns or fails.

Profit!

Thank you market makers!!!
gougler08
AG
JD down near that $35 resistance (again) for anyone that wants to buy in
First Page Last Page
Page 179 of 6408

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.