Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,007,388 Views | 224169 Replies | Last: 4 hrs ago by Brian Earl Spilner
gougler08
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
CRON looking like it may test the $5.50 resistance line soon
oldarmy1
AG
Joseph Parrish said:

oldarmy1 said:

Also, CHK doesn't look strong on the charts going into earnings. I bought cheap $4 Puts mid august
What changed? Still expecting them to pay down debt and report better production numbers?

Simply going off short term technicals. The 200 day moving average is $3.80 and you see Citigroup, Merrill and others giving a hold rating with target to $3.80, which not by accident is the 200 day MA.

With all the shorts in it and the money on the big sale not realized until late this year we might not see any explosion higher.

Now if earnings blow out then its all out the window and shorts will get crushed.

For other stuff I can't believe markets popped over 100 on China maybe news.

I grabbed TVIX at $37.47 on the hyoe and exited a few call options.
IrishTxAggie
AG
Sitting in my home office with my MAGA hat on this morning!
oldarmy1
AG
ENPH solar energy is getting a ride courtesy of Sun Energy committment.
gougler08
AG
WMT trying to break out of an upward wedge around $89.70...will be the 3rd time in 10 days it's tried
gougler08
AG
Ranger222 said:

Damage may be subdued rest of day, but I believe we still see continuation of downside move into tomorrow.

TWTR through trendline that was started on Nov 2017 earnings. 200 day at 30.2

NFLX has a date with 331 support. After that 316 looks interesting and 200 day all the way down to 283.5 doesn't look impossible

FB believe we see 161 for sure. Maybe 158s

GOOGL I'm buying this one if it gets to 1205-1210. This should be the first name to recover when things get better

SQ I'm watching for 59

Some of my favorite med tech names getting pounded more than QQQs....AXGN could go to 40 or below to 36s, TDOC down to 55s, ALGN to 330s.

Hopefully there is cash on hand to take advantage of some of these prices. We could be at the beginning of a short term downtrend here, but the overall long term bull market still intact.
Tech down again after an hour...NFLX already through that 331 support and TWTR on it's way below 31
Ranger222
AG
Some support on these hard-hit tech names showing up. I was wrong particularly on FB....there was weekly support around that 166 area that is holding for now.

Took a small position in GOOGL

Hard to really do anything today with AAPL looming AH.
UpstateAg
AG
IQ is AH today. This is a whole different style of Chinese imitation than PDD. They have a great product that is targeting baba and jd crowd. Should be a fun year or two for them.
oldarmy1
AG
NE moving finally above resistance
PPAag06
AG
AAPL has moved +/- 10 the last few earnings announcements. Lots of IV on both the +10 calls and the -10 puts. Likely won't take a position.
oldarmy1
AG
Sept S&P contracts have reversed completely now to upside.

News driven markets are the most difficult to read.
ClickClack
AG
Sold my SPY puts for less than I had hoped for, but still a profit from my opening position Friday morning.

NFLX calls, loaded up on them as it slid this morning. Then popped from -2% to +2%. Nice trade that saved my bacon a little.

Kind of hate this news driven market right now. I was really expecting to close my SPY 283 puts (exp 8/10) around 276-277. But then this magical Bloomberg blurb about China pops up at 8:27am. Such a racket.
gougler08
AG
UpstateAg said:

IQ is AH today. This is a whole different style of Chinese imitation than PDD. They have a great product that is targeting baba and jd crowd. Should be a fun year or two for them.
Up 4% today...in prep for the earnings or something else?
pacecar02
TVIX moving back down
oldarmy1
AG
pacecar02 said:

TVIX moving back down

TVIX is VIX on steroid. It's a trading hedge I use on news driven pops but never to buy and hold.
oldarmy1
AG
Since double post editing to add on TVIX. Tons of day traders use TVIX as their main trade. Since it moves precisely with VIX it means you won't have market makers manipulating it.

Pull up a VIX and S&P minute chart and then mirror it to TVIX moves.
oldarmy1
AG
If the Fed doesn't raise rates we might break the wave. AAPL would need to be solid for Nasdaq to continue finding its base but after any move up I think Nasdaq has more downside.

Talking over weeks, maybe months.

Also, financials mostly red but well off lows. They are all waiting for Fed. Watch for explosive move on announcement.
oldarmy1
AG
Downward momentum took TWTR and others below major support. Rubberband trade textbook.
AggiePeeps06
AG
Looking to hedge my AAPL position into earnings, what level and expiration should I be looking at? I was thinking Aug 10 $185 puts
oldarmy1
AG
AggiePeeps06 said:

Looking to hedge my AAPL position into earnings, what level and expiration should I be looking at? I was thinking Aug 10 $185 puts

You have earnings today. All will be known and wild moves likely over in 3 days so go as close as possible with Aug 3rd.
oldarmy1
AG
IrishTxAggie
AG
Facebook Has Identified Ongoing Political Influence Campaign

Facebook just cannot stay out of the news for a little while can they...
oldarmy1
AG
DE

Deere break oit. Up over 7 bit I see at least 150 coming.
pacecar02
I bought 185 puts on appl @ 1.93, if earnings go against me i'll sell an equal number of ATM or near ATM puts in the morning and then decide weather to roll or let them expire worthless
AggiePeeps06
AG
I'm with you but I went with 180s.
IrishTxAggie
AG
Did y'all see this? Pretty damned interesting and great for people that have been holding equities for a long term.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-administration-mulls-a-unilateral-tax-cut-for-the-wealthy/ar-BBLhtZx?ocid=spartandhp

Redefining 'cost' to account for inflation upon sale for capital gains.
Quote:

WASHINGTON The Trump administration is considering bypassing Congress to grant a $100 billion tax cut mainly to the wealthy, a legally tenuous maneuver that would cut capital gains taxation and fulfill a long-held ambition of many investors and conservatives.

Steven Mnuchin, the Treasury secretary, said in an interview on the sidelines of the Group of 20 summit meeting in Argentina this month that his department was studying whether it could use its regulatory powers to allow Americans to account for inflation in determining capital gains tax liabilities. The Treasury Department could change the definition of "cost" for calculating capital gains, allowing taxpayers to adjust the initial value of an asset, such as a home or a share of stock, for inflation when it sells.

Currently, capital gains taxes are determined by subtracting the original price of an asset from the price at which it was sold and taxing the difference, usually at 20 percent. If a high earner spent $100,000 on stock in 1980, then sold it for $1 million today, she would owe taxes on $900,000. But if her original purchase price was adjusted for inflation, it would be about $300,000, reducing her taxable "gain" to $700,000. That would save the investor $40,000.
oldarmy1
AG
TVIX traders think AAPL will be positive. Down 80 cents after hours.
AggiePeeps06
AG
It's interesting because the Aug 3 180 Puts I bought are actually up
oldarmy1
AG
AggiePeeps06 said:

It's interesting because the Aug 3 180 Puts I bought are actually up

I bought calls and puts $180 and $200 because it will be other side of those enough to make some coin. Both were higher premium than when I bought them due to speculation coming in.
oldarmy1
AG
200 day moving average places APPL around $278 so its running hot right now
pacecar02
popped to 196
aggiehunter3
AG
AAPL - nice beat on top and bottom, although slight miss on iphones

All ears will be on forward guidance

Into this ER I've held my September 210s, I also added a lotto straddle 165/205
UpstateAg
AG
LADR beat on EPS and Revenue.
gougler08
AG
Let's see if this helps the other FANG stocks at all tomorrow (and other tech as well)
oldarmy1
AG
This $195.50 os 5 day resistance levels. Ton of resistance right now.
First Page Last Page
Page 178 of 6405

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.