Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,078,325 Views | 224428 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by El_duderino
Guitarsoup
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
gougler08 said:

IrishTxAggie said:

Hope no one is in HMNY. It's a goner
From over 9000 a share to gone in a year, wow

It wasn't really at 9000. Just looks like that because they reverse split last week when they were at .08.
gougler08
AG
oldarmy1 said:

NFLX lost major support 342 and free falling.

FANG stocks should be heavily leveraged if staying in them. So glad I rotated out!

In the next few months, you see it heading back up towards 400 or no?
oldarmy1
AG
That RRTS option buyer is back sitting at 15 cents for a stock sitting at $2.18. That makes zero sense to me. Shares would have to trade $2.65 by August 17th for those to pay off.

Your net buy price would be $2.35, so why wouldn't you just buy the stock at $2.18 with a stop 15 cents lower?

And yes, I am sitting at the bid at 5 cents because I sold a bunch of covered calls at 40 and 45 cents. Was wanting to clear those before earnings but this yahoo is blocking me.

There was no bid on them at 9:30 when I placed initial bid of 5 cents to buy them back. Immediately a 10 cent bid jumped me and new 15 cents.

I see sme buying interest today but nothing major yet. If we hit $2.30 I'm buying shares to offset covered calls position. Not gonna lose all my shares on a potential earnings pop.
Rice and Fries
oldarmy1 said:

$24.24

Also, of oil stocks recover after the sell off add NE
Interesting about NE.

Why them vs RIG, SDRL or some of the newer off-shore operators?

oldarmy1
AG
gougler08 said:

oldarmy1 said:

NFLX lost major support 342 and free falling.

FANG stocks should be heavily leveraged if staying in them. So glad I rotated out!

In the next few months, you see it heading back up towards 400 or no?

Getting more and more competition but it will remain a major player. That said the markets are not going to pay huge premiums on P/E with uncertainty.
oldarmy1
AG
UpstateAg said:

LADR is down. Not a bad spot to jump in.

Great call.
gougler08
AG
TWTR below 32
0708aggie
AG
OldArmy, you bought calls on MS?
oldarmy1
AG
0708aggie said:

OldArmy, you bought calls on MS?

Yup. Not a huge position because its sector related hut I caution that the sector has been giving back early pop since 9am.

But no telling where day trend takes it.
oldarmy1
AG
RRTS $2.22

Grrrr

I know a lot of you are in it and want it to pop but help a fella out!
0708aggie
AG
Thanks. Did you end up buying calls on GME?
oldarmy1
AG
0708aggie said:

Yessir
Ranger222
AG
Damage may be subdued rest of day, but I believe we still see continuation of downside move into tomorrow.

TWTR through trendline that was started on Nov 2017 earnings. 200 day at 30.2

NFLX has a date with 331 support. After that 316 looks interesting and 200 day all the way down to 283.5 doesn't look impossible

FB believe we see 161 for sure. Maybe 158s

GOOGL I'm buying this one if it gets to 1205-1210. This should be the first name to recover when things get better

SQ I'm watching for 59

Some of my favorite med tech names getting pounded more than QQQs....AXGN could go to 40 or below to 36s, TDOC down to 55s, ALGN to 330s.

Hopefully there is cash on hand to take advantage of some of these prices. We could be at the beginning of a short term downtrend here, but the overall long term bull market still intact.
oldarmy1
AG
Financials back in gear. JPM and BAC back near days highs.

MS recovering now.

Jumped into V down $4.60

gougler08
AG
Ranger222 said:

Damage may be subdued rest of day, but I believe we still see continuation of downside move into tomorrow.

TWTR through trendline that was started on Nov 2017 earnings. 200 day at 30.2

NFLX has a date with 331 support. After that 316 looks interesting and 200 day all the way down to 283.5 doesn't look impossible

FB believe we see 161 for sure. Maybe 158s

GOOGL I'm buying this one if it gets to 1205-1210. This should be the first name to recover when things get better

SQ I'm watching for 59

Some of my favorite med tech names getting pounded more than QQQs....AXGN could go to 40 or below to 36s, TDOC down to 55s, ALGN to 330s.

Hopefully there is cash on hand to take advantage of some of these prices. We could be at the beginning of a short term downtrend here, but the overall long term bull market still intact.
Thanks as always for the analysis, glad to hear you think long term the bull market is still there (and the tech stocks will come back up).
oldarmy1
AG
FDC potential intraday double bottom. Day traders buying here at $22.98 with tight $22.85 stop
gougler08
AG
JD tested major resistance again (around $34.75 from May 31) and bounced off again. I'm still long on this, but it'd be nice to get away from this bottom resistance and start the path towards some returns soon!
oldarmy1
AG
0708aggie said:

No idea why it had an equity break sending shares down but nearly recovered now.
0708aggie
AG
What calls did you buy? 8/24 15's are at 0.53
oldarmy1
AG
News driven break out on Trump meeting with Italian PM. Could be short lived.
oldarmy1
AG
I went cheap on the GME hoping for a breakout August 3rds.

The V buy was spot on.
oldarmy1
AG
FDC double bottom signal spot on too.
oldarmy1
AG
CHK I'm 100% positive Friday's engulfing candle was to slow down momentum by shorts. Whether we see more upside accelerate now that people can see it hold on that huge volume remains to be seen, but I know for certain I wouldn't feel too keen on being a huge short position holder right now.
PPAag06
AG
I was actually looking at options for Friday thinking we might be able to get a squeeze on good earnings. Thoughts?
oldarmy1
AG
PPAag06 said:

I was actually looking at options for Friday thinking we might be able to get a squeeze on good earnings. Thoughts?

Not a bad thought, although early today would have been prime time to enter. Premiums will be a little higher now that everyone sees response by shares.

I have so many net free shares I'm not dealing with it anymore
Ranger222
AG
Remember as well we are at end of month. I personally think a lot of the action may be big funds selling as we get into a slow month. Things may improve once calendar hits 8/1

Only concern for me is Apple earnings tomorrow AH. If that is bad, we see more downside in tech.

Also remember Fed on Wednesday at 2. Any dovish comments might boost us higher
pacecar02
with regards to appl

I think they miss

iphone x sales have not been good, then you have the other issues with regards to tariffs and their supply chain

that's my guess

edit: plus most the fangs have now dropped even goog with decent earnings, I think they would need to blow the lid off just to get to recent highs
oldarmy1
AG
FDC good volume today. Idiot sellers bring shares all the way down under $23 so as posted I grabbed shares there in addition to my $24 August 17 calls. I sold shares to make my options free so a big thanks to market makers!
oldarmy1
AG
Added more BBOX
gougler08
AG
Just noticed that CRON went below that resistance line...will be interesting to see how far it falls
oldarmy1
AG
Red all over the place. Definitely a stock pickers market right now. FDC and MS were all I have for trades.

My loser trade was FLEX. Technical was working perfect and then that news in the CEO selling shares hit. I sold 1/3 up a whopping 15 cents per share but lost 90% of premium on the rest.

MS getting steam as I type.
oldarmy1
AG
badharambe said:

Grabbed TVIX long in 37's in case we see more blood in the coming week.

Winning trade!
oldarmy1
AG
China negotiations news popped the markets.

I would use this to position hedges.

Also, CHK doesn't look strong on the charts going into earnings. I bought cheap $4 Puts mid august
IrishTxAggie
AG
AVEO trying to give everyone that $2 entry point again.
Joseph Parrish
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Also, CHK doesn't look strong on the charts going into earnings. I bought cheap $4 Puts mid august
What changed? Still expecting them to pay down debt and report better production numbers?
First Page Last Page
Page 177 of 6413

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.