Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,090,373 Views | 224479 Replies | Last: 6 hrs ago by sts7049
Bird Poo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
topher06 said:

Is this true? WTF is going on in stock world?

We're playing with Monopoly money is my guess. When a dumbass like me can make 20K on naked calls then the chickens will eventually come home to roost.

Just kidding. All credit due to the nice folks providing guidance and recs.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
PearlJammin said:

topher06 said:

We're playing with Monopoly money is my guess. When a dumbass like me can make 20K on naked calls then the chickens will eventually come home to roost.

Think about how much of an idiot you have to be to not make a ton of money in this (like me)
PA24
AG
$30,000 Millionaire said:

Regarding the WHO: feels like this falls into the camp of evolving learning. The 6 ft precaution may have been out of an abundance of caution and there is evidence where mask wearing and isolation crushed the curves, Czech Republic and New Zealand. Like everything else, the truth is probably somewhere in the middle. We should be smart enough to evolve how we think as we learn more, in both directions.

I would be careful about confusing prodrome and pre-symptomatic. The flu is definitely contagious in prodrome and a day or so before noticeable symptoms show up. There is still a lot unknown about this thing. I know the fads are 1) covid is a nothing burger, I'm going to go about my routine with zero changes and 2) the world will end and we need to live in bubbles until everyone is vaccinated. I'd rather exist somewhere in the middle of those for now. F
Shutting down the world for a nothing burger.

Brewmaster
AG
CrazyRichAggie said:

I've been mask free for about 2 months
I've been mask free for 41 years
BrokeAssAggie
Nice!! I would've but we have lots of Karen's in Austin so I did the mask thingy for about 2 weeks
Maedan86
AG
INUV - looks like its broke resistance and is now breaking our after hours. V. high volume.

OA mentioned it a month of so ago and I bought some then and just bought some more a few minutes ago.

Appreciate it one of you smart folks could check it out.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
It's not, but it also thankfully not a worst case scenario. I'd be careful to monitor the impacts. Texas has had a lot of cases lately and it brought New York to its knees. We should be careful not to be over confident, although we likely wouldn't restrict activity again. I don't want to see 1K daily cases in Dallas County.
IrishTxAggie
AG
I do. Herd immunity is closer than a vaccine
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
You're assuming that there is lasting or meaningful immunity, which is unknown yet. At 1K cases a day, it will take a long time anyway. I think there are 2.5M residents. Even at 0.4% fatality rate, that's a lot of people.
PA24
AG
Maedan86 said:

INUV - looks like its broke resistance and is now breaking our after hours. V. high volume.

OA mentioned it a month of so ago and I bought some then and just bought some more a few minutes ago.

Appreciate it one of you smart folks could check it out.
Keep this question open.
McInnis 03
AG
Don't know what to tell ya. Pull back could make hay, otherwise it'll maybe run away
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
Mr President Elect
AG
Dang... CHK selling off big time ah. There goes that lotto play.
Fireman
AG
No worries - appreciate the info.
Touchless
AG

You're assuming that there is lasting or meaningful immunity, which is unknown yet. At 1K cases a day, it will take a long time anyway. I think there are 2.5M residents. Even at 0.4% fatality rate, that's a lot of people.
Only thing I'll say on it as it's off topic. 0.4% is overstated. Likely double or more. New York was also a disaster directly related to the decisions the government made there to send sick nursing home patients back into the highest risk communities and infecting everyone there. The government doesn't do that and you're talking thousands fewer deaths there.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I hope so. The last three months have really sucked.
texagbeliever
Hey Crazy rich guy who followed me on NINE. Howd you do today? Did you consolidate around $6 with the push? I dropped a good amount of shares around 5.5-6. But held onto my options that exp 7.17 for the most part. I think this one could see another big day tomorrow if the market stays up.
BrokeAssAggie
texagbeliever said:

Hey Crazy rich guy who followed me on NINE. Howd you do today? Did you consolidate around $6 with the push? I dropped a good amount of shares around 5.5-6. But held onto my options that exp 7.17 for the most part. I think this one could see another big day tomorrow if the market stays up.

I did. I sold half for a nice daily gain! Holding the other half to see what happens. Thanks for the heads up.

I'm always hesitant to put money in oil& gas because I work for an E&P. Figured I'm already pretty leveraged in oil and gas with my salary but this paid off.
texagbeliever
Nice! If it falls into a lull for a couple weeks I'll be looking to scalp some 7.5 calls maybe 10 with an August or later expiration. I feel like the pattern is too predictable.
BrokeAssAggie
texagbeliever said:

Nice! If it falls into a lull for a couple weeks I'll be looking to scalp some 7.5 calls maybe 10 with an August or later expiration. I feel like the pattern is too predictable.

Right now all I'm holding is shares, but that sounds like a good plan after a sale off the other half.
Brewmaster
AG
SNSS on watch tomorrow... heavy volume after hours and triple normal volume today. 3 mil after hours!
Grown Pear
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

It's crazy how quickly the S&P 500 is recovering.

Unfortunately I had a huge chunk of cash freed up from a CD in January and I put all of it into the S&P near all-time high territory, and I've been kicking myself since.

But luckily, I made sure to put more than usual in during the downturn, and now I'm finally seeing the payoff for that. I'm back in the green overall and in the green on each individual stock as well.

Just hope there's not another dip coming.
Here's the thing, if you're a long investor and are keeping this money for the long-term then DO NOT beat yourself up or regret anything. You did nothing wrong and in 5 years, 10 years, 20 years, etc you'll be ever so thankful you put that money in. The best news is as things went down you just added to it. It sucks short term but long-term you'll be golden.

Look at it this way: If you invested in the S&P 500 at the market's all time peak at June 2000 you'd have more than double your money today or roughly a 4% annualized return. No that's not the return you want, about half probably.... BUT you would have earned that through the Dot.Com bubble crash immediately after investing; the 2008 Financial Crisis/Great Recession and the little blip of Spring 2020 COVID19 death plague.
thirdcoast
AG

PearlJammin said:

topher06 said:

Think about how much of an idiot you have to be to not make a ton of money in this (like me)

Me too...got to learn to buy stocks when they announce Ch 11 bankruptcy, to make +500% in a week. Thank God for the TA pointers on here until investors start pricing assets again.

Buffet is getting his azz handed to him on airlines by Robinhood millennials. I would expect nothing less in 2020!
IrishTxAggie
AG
Wealth redistribution!
SpeedyAg90
AG
The amount of Puts that are gonna be bought on Hertz tomorrow!
IrishTxAggie
AG
george1992
willjohnathan said:

Dang... CHK selling off big time ah. There goes that lotto play.

I tried to short it all day but couldn't get my orders filled between the halts in trading etc. I did buy a bunch of puts against CPE. And it continued to climb after hours.
jsap
Anyone here familiar with mutual funds in Fidelity? My retirement account in Fidelity is limited to mutual funds only. Any recommendations on specific funds? Projected retirement is in 10 years.
thanks
McInnis 03
AG
Contrafund
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
BB675
AG
Did anyone get in on NKLA? I was waiting on the IPO and missed it last Thursday. Seems too late to dance now?
TxAG#2011
Ubitag said:

Consider buying some TETHF for .16/share or put it on ur watch list.

Check back in Dec.
Tethys Petroleum?
PA24
AG
TxAG#2011 said:

Ubitag said:

Consider buying some TETHF for .16/share or put it on ur watch list.

Check back in Dec.
Tethys Petroleum?
I like the read on the CEO.

Put it on ur watch list
spud1910
AG
BB675 said:

Did anyone get in on NKLA? I was waiting on the IPO and missed it last Thursday. Seems too late to dance now?
I played the options this morning, then bought a few shares with the profits.
gougler08
AG
jsap said:

Anyone here familiar with mutual funds in Fidelity? My retirement account in Fidelity is limited to mutual funds only. Any recommendations on specific funds? Projected retirement is in 10 years.
thanks

FCNTX as mentioned, FSELX is good for tech but probably more aggressive
topher06
Time for the nightly upward surge
cisgenderedAggie
Darvas box on TWO? Bounced between 4 and 5 for weeks, now broken above 6 with next big resistance at 14ish.

Curious for a second opinion.
First Page Last Page
Page 1713 of 6414

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.