Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,021,851 Views | 224204 Replies | Last: 4 min ago by confucius_ag
Rice and Fries
How long do you want to ignore this user?
0708aggie said:

Wow. What a past two weeks. I've made enough to pay off my car note.
0708aggie
AG
Oh I feel ya. I made one real bad move and lost a ton. Back in the black now, but I've learned from that mistake.
gougler08
AG
0708aggie said:

my calls never filled.
I'm buying shares here after hours and then will sell covered calls against them
oldarmy1
AG
RUBI moving to Nasdaq June 9th.
Aggie_2463
AG
RIG up 50% today to $3.75
TecRecAg
AG
ehrmantraut said:

My "fun" account is up 37% for the year now. Chump change for you big dogs, but I'm thrilled with it.
Same here. 43% YTD. Still have some stuff to close out by 6/19. Would like to be at 50% by that time.. daddy needs new golf clubs!
spud1910
AG
Anybody else in MITT 6/19 $4 calls? I got at 7 cents and they closed at $3.60 today.
gougler08
AG
CX quietly filled it's last gap from the COVID fall today
leoj
AG
Swollen Thumb
AG
I've followed this thread daily although I'm not a day-trader and haven't gotten into the options game (yet). Mainly look for swing trades as well as good mid-long term opportunities.

I'm considering a premium/pro subscription to Seeking Alpha. Anyone here subscribe and think it is worth it? Are there other services anyone would recommend looking at along these lines for reliable market/stock analysis, ideas and recs?

This will probably get lost in this thread, but didn't want to start a new one just for this question. Any thoughts appreciated.

AfghanVet
im up 120% in account value since following this thread last month
OFS 2019 FOB Dahlke "rocket city" 354th MCS
Ragoo
AG
Man I screwed up today.

Bought roku verticals, at max profit now
Bought SPY verticals that went to max profit.
Also sold SPY credit spread for some extra juice. Then the last 90 minutes happened and those went to max loss.

Should have been a good day turned into a sour taste day.
texagbeliever
hopefully some of that is in closed positions now with cash on the side!
AfghanVet
texagbeliever said:

hopefully some of that is in closed positions now with cash on the side!

I have some long term calls on AAL and Disney(Parks opening up in July), and GE which all are net-free. Have a couple short term calls but rest is in my bank account fixing to go towards repainting my truck
OFS 2019 FOB Dahlke "rocket city" 354th MCS
texagbeliever
Well the path to a mask free world is showing up all green

(ministry of truth)
leoj
AG
Not sure on the cost, but it's good for easy summarized financial info and historical results, some authors you find can be good as far as providing info or highlighting aspects of a company you might not have thought of. Some are garbage and wrong about a lot of things, but even that could be a contrarian indicator if you want.
texagbeliever
Nice you are probably doing a better job of taking gains than i am. I need to close some stuff this week.
PA24
AG
texagbeliever said:

(ministry of truth)

Oh my goodness!

A couple of weeks ago they came out and said it was near impossible to catch it from a hard surface.

Market should explode with this news!
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
what a day! RH account up 50.99% today (down 52.29% all time lol)
YNWA_AG
AG
Sounds like you Spent too much time on WSB
BrokeAssAggie
I've been mask free for about 2 months
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
It's crazy how quickly the S&P 500 is recovering.

Unfortunately I had a huge chunk of cash freed up from a CD in January and I put all of it into the S&P near all-time high territory, and I've been kicking myself since.

But luckily, I made sure to put more than usual in during the downturn, and now I'm finally seeing the payoff for that. I'm back in the green overall and in the green on each individual stock as well.

Just hope there's not another dip coming.
tam2002
AG
NKLA over 90 right now AH. What the hell is going on? They haven't sold 1 vehicle
cptthunder
Ubitag said:

texagbeliever said:

(ministry of truth)

Oh my goodness!

A couple of weeks ago they came out and said it was near impossible to catch it from a hard surface.

Really not trying to be political at all and will delete if I need to but are we listening to the WHO now or are they still full of BS. I honestly cant keep track anymore
texagbeliever
cptthunder said:

Ubitag said:

texagbeliever said:

(ministry of truth)

Oh my goodness!

Really not trying to be political at all and will delete if I need to but are we listening to the WHO now or are they still full of BS. I honestly cant keep track anymore

Those of us who think critically likely always were extremely skeptical of what the who said and took it with a grain of salt. Those who are elected officials and dont think for themselves (large number of people) do trust who and will be more comfortable with opening things up and maybe start demanding it even more.

The lesson from this is that when the general public is wrong about something there is money to be made.
Touchless
AG
cptthunder said:

Ubitag said:

texagbeliever said:

(ministry of truth)

Oh my goodness!

No, we're not. Unless they say something I actually agree with, then yes.
Fireman
AG
McInnis 03 said:

OverSeas AG said:

McInnis 03 said:

McInnis 03 said:

Was looking at a 15 wide fly on SPX 3210/3225/3240, cost was like $1.15
Got in this for $.70, the squeeze looks like itw ants to fire down though. Who knows.

bought a 3210 for 1.08, sold 2 3225's for .2, and bought a 3240 for .07. Looks like it was actually $.75 debit

If this can change directions I'll sell it before expiration if it's profitable. Otherwise i'll ride to zero.
I jumped in this wide fly with you mcinnis, mainly because I wanted to try out the strategy. Thoughts on how it might play out this week?
TecRecAg
AG
They were mentioned on Snacks Daily which is the podcast version of Robinhood, basically.
McInnis 03
AG
What's your expiration? I think I played that Friday
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
YNWA_AG said:

Sounds like you Spent too much time on WSB
truth. mostly ftr, pyx, and bynd. Still loaded to the gills on pyx and pyx calls though!
topher06
Is this true? WTF is going on in stock world?
OverSeas AG
AG
Every knee shall bow and every tongue shall confess
Fireman
AG
This Friday 6/12.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Regarding the WHO: feels like this falls into the camp of evolving learning. The 6 ft precaution may have been out of an abundance of caution and there is evidence where mask wearing and isolation crushed the curves, Czech Republic and New Zealand. Like everything else, the truth is probably somewhere in the middle. We should be smart enough to evolve how we think as we learn more, in both directions.

I would be careful about confusing prodrome and pre-symptomatic. The flu is definitely contagious in prodrome and a day or so before noticeable symptoms show up. There is still a lot unknown about this thing. I know the fads are 1) covid is a nothing burger, I'm going to go about my routine with zero changes and 2) the world will end and we need to live in bubbles until everyone is vaccinated. I'd rather exist somewhere in the middle of those for now.
PA24
AG
Consider buying some TETHF for .16/share or put it on ur watch list.

Check back in Dec.
First Page Last Page
Page 1712 of 6406

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.