Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,101,301 Views | 224562 Replies | Last: 4 hrs ago by jagvocate
McInnis 03
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
3190 will be the close lol
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
0708aggie
AG
I wouldn't even know where to start trying to exit that sucker.
12thMan86
AG
just got into a 3195/3200/3205 spx FLY at .25 x 4 100 to win 2000.

dice are out!!
stxag8
AG
Thoughts on OXY 6/19 22.5c over the weekend?
12thMan86
AG
12thMan86 said:

just got into a 3195/3200/3205 spx FLY at .25 x 4 100 to win 2000.

dice are out!!
it will be tough to push up to 3200
0708aggie
AG
Big runup there >2000%. Beginning of the day I almost jumped in.
oldarmy1
AG
ROKU article on being well positioned to win the $7B opportunity - Out this morning but getting circulated now

https://www.fool.com/investing/2020/06/05/rokus-in-the-best-position-to-win-this-7-billion-o.aspx
stxag8
AG
Thinking of jumping in now
0708aggie
AG
6/19? Too slow. Didn't hit my limit.
TecRecAg
AG
I treat my E*Trade account like a damn gambling fund anyways. In at 1.17
pb488
AG
V volume at close
12thMan86
AG
aaaalmost got my money back! That's why we call them lottos!

Have a good weekend!
TecRecAg
AG
V just had a small surge up at the bell. With 2 weeks to go, I think my 205C will fair fine
stxag8
AG
Mine either. Probably gonna open at 25 on Monday now
thirdcoast
AG
oldarmy1 said:

ROKU article on being well positioned to win the $7B opportunity - Out this morning but getting circulated now

https://www.fool.com/investing/2020/06/05/rokus-in-the-best-position-to-win-this-7-billion-o.aspx

Thx for follow up!
Fingers crossed on the June 19s
0708aggie
AG
if it opens @ 25, that just means my other oil stocks are up as well.
Boat Shoes
AG
pb488 said:

V volume at close

Yep. Closed just below where I needed it to be!
stxag8
AG
Already up another 3% AH
0708aggie
AG
crap
astroaggie13
AG
I saw some of yall posting about the TTM Squeeze. I have also picked up on that through some learnings online and wrote some custom scripts in TOS to find some in a squeeze. I narrowed my scan down to find stocks that are currently in a daily squeeze for 6 days (not yet fired) and also in a squeeze on the weekly. Here's what it turned up in looking at some larger market cap stocks that looked worthy of additional eyes. Please give me some feedback on what you see further into these charts and any other advice you have while working with the TTM _Squeeze feature. I have learned so much from this board, I appreciate all of the help yall are giving us new folks (and having the patience!).

AMD
Daily Chart: 9 day Squeeze with no defined momentum, SMA 20/50/100/200 stacked upward trajectory
Weekly Chart: 6 week Squeeze with upward momentum, SMA 20/50/100/200 stacked upward trajectory

KR Kroger
Daily Chart: 7 day Squeeze with slight downward momentum, SMA 20/50/100/200 stacked upward trajectory
Weekly Chart: 2 week squeeze with slight downward momentum, SMA 50, 100,200 converged for a decision point?
Gig em Stros
FishrCoAg
AG
oldarmy1 said:

So maybe I should wait to sell calls on the ROKU I will be assigned from my short 105 puts?
OverSeas AG
AG
Every knee shall bow and every tongue shall confess
DON'T TREAD ON ME
Ragoo
AG
astroaggie13 said:

I saw some of yall posting about the TTM Squeeze. I have also picked up on that through some learnings online and wrote some custom scripts in TOS to find some in a squeeze. I narrowed my scan down to find stocks that are currently in a daily squeeze for 6 days (not yet fired) and also in a squeeze on the weekly. Here's what it turned up in looking at some larger market cap stocks that looked worthy of additional eyes. Please give me some feedback on what you see further into these charts and any other advice you have while working with the TTM _Squeeze feature. I have learned so much from this board, I appreciate all of the help yall are giving us new folks (and having the patience!).

AMD
Daily Chart: 9 day Squeeze with no defined momentum, SMA 20/50/100/200 stacked upward trajectory
Weekly Chart: 6 week Squeeze with upward momentum, SMA 20/50/100/200 stacked upward trajectory

KR Kroger
Daily Chart: 7 day Squeeze with slight downward momentum, SMA 20/50/100/200 stacked upward trajectory
Weekly Chart: 2 week squeeze with slight downward momentum, SMA 50, 100,200 converged for a decision point?
amd $55 out 14 days looks like a potential winner

KR $33 same time period
AGSmith
AG
OverSeas AG said:

oldarmy1 said:

For you patient investors remember TTOO. It's made a steady climb to double topping out at $1.47 before this pullback and looks to be basing.

If anyone interesting in playing it as a safe long ball trade you can sell November $2.50 calls for great premium of $0.45 and THEN buy equivalent number of shares. It's like buying TTOO at $0.75 or a crazed ROI of $2.95 if called out in November.

These are for patient tactical investors. And DO NOT place a sell on covered calls premarket. You have to wait for bids to develop and go 5-10 at a time, obviously keeping an eye on the stock price.
The Calls fills at .45 with 4 min left in the day. I was about to buy the stock at 1.32. Went with 10 contracts and 1,000 shares. Will be fun to watch.
I'll be watching this Monday morning
FishrCoAg
AG
OverSeas AG said:

oldarmy1 said:

For you patient investors remember TTOO. It's made a steady climb to double topping out at $1.47 before this pullback and looks to be basing.

If anyone interesting in playing it as a safe long ball trade you can sell November $2.50 calls for great premium of $0.45 and THEN buy equivalent number of shares. It's like buying TTOO at $0.75 or a crazed ROI of $2.95 if called out in November.

These are for patient tactical investors. And DO NOT place a sell on covered calls premarket. You have to wait for bids to develop and go 5-10 at a time, obviously keeping an eye on the stock price.
The Calls fills at .45 with 4 min left in the day. I was about to buy the stock at 1.32. Went with 10 contracts and 1,000 shares. Will be fun to watch.
Trying to learn more here, what is the reason for selling the calls first, then buying shares? In my head I'm thinking it has to do with liquidity and being thinly traded?
YNWA_AG
AG
I've noticed that amd hasn't moved (unlike the other semis) as much as it should have.
Aggies1322
AG
Does anyone know when the SKEW value is released. All I see is yesterday's SKEW.
AgsnFly
AG
OverSeas AG said:

oldarmy1 said:

All else equal, the buy/write-call strategy is identical to a short put (for same moneyness). One transaction versus two is usually preferable but obviously the vol skew can offer different payout opportunities; so important to know the shape of the smile to know which trade to make. You probably checked but just in case you didn't know.
AGSmith
AG
I don't have put authorization on my account, so buy-write it is
AGSmith
AG
FishrCoAg said:

OverSeas AG said:

oldarmy1 said:

Trying to learn more here, what is the reason for selling the calls first, then buying shares? In my head I'm thinking it has to do with liquidity and being thinly traded?
I'm interested in learning the difference here too, as opposed to doing a buy-write
OverSeas AG
AG
Every knee shall bow and every tongue shall confess
DON'T TREAD ON ME
Coachbro20
Newb here....tried OA's +/- $3 spy call/put options for 6/8 expiration. I purchased the 323 call for .68 and the 317 put for .74. What is the best exit strategy for these on Monday? I know I have $142 total invested in the calls, so anything over that is a win, just didnt know if some of you more seasoned traders have a good exit strategy. Hoping for a volatile Monday!
AGSmith
AG
Anyone have any suggestion of what to do with SDC? I'm in at 9.21, after accounting for my failed first covered call trade where I freaked when the stock ran high for a bit and rebought at a loss. I'm thinking a 10c or 10.5c, but I don't know what time frame or premium to seek
McInnis 03
AG
I'll give you my feedback when I have some time to sit and type....I have thoughts here.
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
Brewmaster
AG
Coachbro20 said:

Newb here....tried OA's +/- $3 spy call/put options for 6/8 expiration. I purchased the 323 call for .68 and the 317 put for .74. What is the best exit strategy for these on Monday? I know I have $142 total invested in the calls, so anything over that is a win, just didnt know if some of you more seasoned traders have a good exit strategy. Hoping for a volatile Monday!
I'm a rook here amongst some of these veterans, but if it were me... it all depends on the open. If we open big and green like today, you sell the call at open and bank that profit. Then when it dips a couple points you bank the put. Obviously it's in reverse order if we dump pre-market and we open red.

This is a strategy I need to give a shot. I did do a call spread on BA today and it was killer. BA ran up and my initial investment was minimal, made around about 4x on an initial $150 in.
First Page Last Page
Page 1700 of 6417

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.