Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

21,522,719 Views | 223304 Replies | Last: 7 hrs ago by ProgN
Ragoo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
0708aggie said:

why would you sell puts there vs buy calls?
sell put, collect premium. Go long if exercised.
0708aggie
AG
stxag8
AG
E said:

stxag8 said:

oldarmy1 said:

CRM finally!
I sold about 2 hours ago. You're all welcome
Do you have any ROKU you could sell right now?
No but let me know when you get your shorts in and I'll buy some
TChaney
texagbeliever
0708aggie said:

Guys, want your thoughts. I have the chance to get a guaranteed 10% return per year (not a scam) on capital. To do this I would need to borrow lets say $190k. Cost of funds on a 10 year note is 3.62. Would you do it?

Why wouldnt the other person just do what you are doing to get the funds? Another words there is a risk and no guarantee
0708aggie
AG
Sound like it yes, but its most definitely not.

Work related.
topher06
Anyone would do that, given the parameters you've set out. Assume there is a catch here though.
oldarmy1
AG
Coachbro20 said:

oldarmy1 said:

CRM finally!

Any thoughts on an exit number? I bought in at 1.91
topher06
Got my selection of 7/17 puts in now. Not big dollars like some of you, but larger than my normal option trade. Dislike being a Do Not Pass bettor.
CheladaAg
AG
Roku finally posting its first two 15min green bars for the day. Need to pull up from here.
texagbeliever
Watch SDC just had a push down on sizable 3 min vol but it rebounded back on small volume. Come on break through!
tsuag10
AG
tsuag10 said:

Speaking of babies....

Just for fun, I put some Jan 2021 calls on PG and JNJ.

Anyone else think there will be a huge baby boom about 40 weeks from the beginning of the shelter-in-place orders?

Bringing this back up to ask again.

The first shelter in place order was CA on 3/19 and as we know the others followed in the next 2-3 weeks.
We are coming up soon on 12 weeks from 3/19.

Is there any play for a possible baby boom, or am I overestimating the impact of this?
Grown Pear
AG
0708aggie said:

Guys, want your thoughts. I have the chance to get a guaranteed 10% return per year (not a scam) on capital. To do this I would need to borrow lets say $190k. Cost of funds on a 10 year note is 3.62. Would you do it?

Basically end up with a rate arbitrage of 3.55%.

10% * 28% tax rate less 3.62% interest.
Man hard to say, I want to say yes but still not enough info for me... sorry! You say guaranteed but even "contractually guaranteed" there's still risk (thinking worst case or even just bad case).

If you're in 28% tax bracket you probably deduct and can likely deduct your investment interest expense, unless that's gone away? So that might help your net return

The other side to your opportunity is it's most likely an illiquid investment. There's a lot to be said about maintaining liquidity. Just a thought good luck
0708aggie
AG
Thats what I'm struggling with. Cash is king.

Although, the interest paid each month is enough to cover the princpal and interest on the note, so no cash outlay.
krosch11
AG
Can confirm 1 baby due for said boom.
TecRecAg
AG
tsuag10 said:

tsuag10 said:

Speaking of babies....

Anyone else think there will be a huge baby boom about 40 weeks from the beginning of the shelter-in-place orders?

The first shelter in place order was CA on 3/19 and as we know the others followed in the next 2-3 weeks.

Is there any play for a possible baby boom, or am I overestimating the impact of this?
As a guy who has been at home with two kids under 3YO, I'm going to assume that all babies born in 40 weeks from lockdown will be first kids in their family.
Bird Poo
AG
tsuag10 said:

tsuag10 said:

Speaking of babies....

I think there is a very good chance of a baby boom. Question is, what stocks benefit?

Baby formula manufacturers? Car seat manufacturers?
cisgenderedAggie
tsuag10 said:

tsuag10 said:

Speaking of babies....

Call me skeptical, but so much of the crap for babies that companies sell aren't necessary And the stuff from JNJ and PG have cheaper alternatives. I think continued frugality from economic struggle mutes any gains made from just baby products, which are only a subset of what those companies produce.
oldarmy1
AG
I was down 6 figures on ROKU and am now net green against covered calls. Never give up!
leoj
AG
Spy about to get the afternoon party started early today?
AgEng06
AG
$313 here we come!

(positive thinking)
0708aggie
AG
about to give up on AZN
McInnis 03
AG
If I had cash right now I'd be looking at vertical spreads or something like it for end of day 312.70 SPY.
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
Mr President Elect
AG
AgEng06 said:

$313 here we come!

(positive thinking)
is there a game plan for $313? I read something about a flash to $315 and to ditch all long holdings... so I kind of have been rooting for all my calls against the SPY.
CW2011
AG
Pretty sizeable BAC near term call blocks just went off. Been pretty steady calls on it most of the day.
KT 90
AG
willjohnathan said:

AgEng06 said:

$313 here we come!

(positive thinking)
is there a game plan for $313? I read something about a flash to $315 and to ditch all long holdings... so I kind of have been rooting for all my calls against the SPY.
here it is from earlier :
Quote:

oldarmy1 8:29aAG
Everyone remember that $313 with flash to $315 is just a number. It happens to be

my number for being gone from all short term trades unless I see a lagger

opportunity. It happens in the blink of an eye, so think through and have your

strategies in place.

Ranger222
AG
Insane moves today!!!! Best day for me ever!
zag213004
AG
OA, does the music stop for CRM calls once spy hits 313? Even if it is working its way up to 182.5 for june19?
0708aggie
AG
help a brotha out.
0708aggie
AG
Selling a covered call here RUBI 6/19 @ 0.65
AGSmith
AG
oldarmy1 said:

I was down 6 figures on ROKU and am now net green against covered calls. Never give up!
I assume this wasn't done through just one covered call. What's your method of choosing the Contract Date and Strike price to ensure you don't get assigned?
Carlo4
AG
Anyone else starting to buy up a little TVIX? Just started buying as we approach the 313 level for SPY. I know i've been playing with fire while wearing gloves soaked in gasoline, but I made $1,300 day trading TVIX last week. Just waiting for a moment again for a quick spike, which I"m guessing is coming as we get closer...
AGSmith
AG
NVM... answered my own question
khaos288
AG
oldarmy1 said:

can't wait for 6 figures to be just a good/bad day.
tsuag10
AG
TecRecAg said:

tsuag10 said:

tsuag10 said:

Speaking of babies....

As a guy who has been at home with two kids under 3YO, I'm going to assume that all babies born in 40 weeks from lockdown will be first kids in their family.
And as a guy with 3 kids under 4 (the 3rd kid born days before the shelter in place orders began), I emphatically agree!

They will either be 1st kids or "oops" kids.
First Page Last Page
Page 1671 of 6381

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.