Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,086,400 Views | 224470 Replies | Last: 3 min ago by McInnis 03
Aggies1322
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Grown Pear said:

Aggies1322 said:

Does anyone know anything about SGBX? My friend just bought an enormous amount.. but their financial statement looks terrible. Like Q1 of 2020 their Sales were $198,800 but their COGS excluding depreciation and amortization were $387,400. How can a company survive when their COGS is 2x their sales(the last 5 qtrs have also been negative)? Is that normal for companies?
They make it up by volume.

I'm confused.
Brewmaster
AG
Darvas sighting... SPCE looks primed to go, it's been trading between 15 and $20 for about 6 weeks now. The recommendation I was given was commons, but I went with a lotto 6/5, 19C. Should be similar to V, if the markets rip, it will rip too.
Grown Pear
AG
Aggies1322 said:

Grown Pear said:

Aggies1322 said:

Does anyone know anything about SGBX? My friend just bought an enormous amount.. but their financial statement looks terrible. Like Q1 of 2020 their Sales were $198,800 but their COGS excluding depreciation and amortization were $387,400. How can a company survive when their COGS is 2x their sales(the last 5 qtrs have also been negative)? Is that normal for companies?
They make it up by volume.

I'm confused.
Total joke.

You say the same for companies with negative profit margins. "Just make it up by volume!"
Aggies1322
AG
I gotcha.. I was like, "I should probably just quit my MBA program now."

Good to know that I need not quit.
texagbeliever
BREwmaster said:

Darvas sighting... SPCE looks primed to go, it's been trading between 15 and $20 for about 6 weeks now. The recommendation I was given was commons, but I went with a lotto 6/5, 19C. Should be similar to V, if the markets rip, it will rip too.

Not so sure. When I look at the 3 months it looks like the band is 14.7 - 21.53 on the box. So it could climb to the tip there but it may not break out.
UpstateAg
AG
I've got a call spread left, and if it closes above 893 it pays for my vacation starting next week.
texagbeliever
I was looking at RGR, this may be one to look to buy some puts on in a few days once it levels off. Historically it has fallen 8 - 15 dollars after hitting its highs. Basically the volume shows up around an event and then demand goes away and the price falls.
Touchless
AG
Yeah, if I were to do it, it would be like around the $800-$850 range so 15-20% off the high if it hits $1,000. I wouldn't do it if I couldn't get the premium for under $2 or so. Likely won't anyway as that premium could be more useful on a SPY put at that point.
cisgenderedAggie
texagbeliever said:

I was looking at RGR, this may be one to look to buy some puts on in a few days once it levels off. Historically it has fallen 8 - 15 dollars after hitting its highs. Basically the volume shows up around an event and then demand goes away and the price falls.

Agreed. I've been a disappointed holder for years. I intend to exit this go around.
Brewmaster
AG
texagbeliever said:

BREwmaster said:

Not so sure. When I look at the 3 months it looks like the band is 14.7 - 21.53 on the box. So it could climb to the tip there but it may not break out.
you may be right...and that would be fine with me. I just have options, if it goes up this week, I make money ofcourse I'd like to see $20+, but we'll see.

and it's tanking after hours today, of course!
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
any insight into why AH is sinking other than Trump suggesting using the military against protestors?
khaos288
AG
$30,000 Millionaire said:

any insight into why AH is sinking other than Trump suggesting using the military against protestors?

May be a little buyer fatigue. We've been on a pretty good run
Carlo4
AG
khaos288 said:

May be a little buyer fatigue. We've been on a pretty good run

This is 100% Trumps speech IMO. He's essentially declaring martial law in DC and will deploy national guard and military in every major city if need be. Coronavirus officially went away tonight
IrishTxAggie
AG
This is nothing. We sank 1.25% at one point last night. Futures must really **** with some of y'all's sleep patterns. Again, for your own mental health, if you're not trading futures, ignore them!! Nothing matters until 3AM
IrishTxAggie
AG
Also, thanks for jinxing me. Probably be banned tomorrow because I couldn't hold my tongue any longer on a F16 thread.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

This is nothing. We sank 1.25% at one point last night. Futures must really **** with some of y'all's sleep patterns. Again, for your own mental health, if you're not trading futures, ignore them!! Nothing matters until 3AM
I woke up at 4AM to whiz, looked at futures, and regretted it.
jtmoney03
AG
Dammit.
IrishTxAggie
AG
gougler08
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

His 2990 level coincides with the 200day MA as well
gougler08
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

It feels like people look at the Dow futures and think it's the S&P with the hand wringing sometimes
Maximus_Meridius
AG
Maximus_Meridius said:

IrishTxAggie said:

Maximus_Meridius said:

Has anyone brought up BHC? I'm seeing roughtly 2.7 Million on the 1/21/22 27C on Cheddar.
I'm not tying equity up for 18 months. That's why I didn't share them.
Yeah, I kinda got a little turned around myself thinking it was the 2021 call. Oops.

That being said, looking (very) briefly at the chart you probably wouldn't have to wait that long. I'm kinda thinking the 2021's may actually pay out.
So here's the chart, now that I have some time to study it a bit.

I threw up the Fib retracements. I'm thinking about taking a 7/17 22c if we break $19.20 with volume. Premium is about .62 per contract at the moment. And that 1/2021 27c could possibly work, but the premiums are a lot higher.

Thoughts? Am I blowing smoke out my derriere again?
Aggies1322
AG
gougler08 said:

IrishTxAggie said:

His 2990 level coincides with the 200day MA as well
His 2970 estimate also in line with OA.. we hear it here first.
McInnis 03
AG
Davey day trader is going to jail

He mentions the stock, it rallies 43%, he makes like $56k
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
OverSeas AG
AG
Every knee shall bow and every tongue shall confess
Touchless
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

Also, thanks for jinxing me. Probably be banned tomorrow because I couldn't hold my tongue any longer on a F16 thread.
Me going through your profile looking for the last post on F16 before this one.

Found it.

Brewmaster
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

"What??! it should drop to 2000!" - $30,000 Millionaire
claym711
AG
McInnis 03 said:

Davey day trader is going to jail

He mentions the stock, it rallies 43%, he makes like $56k
Haha. The harvesting of retail is going toe be so glorious when it comes.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
That dude has been on a good streak. Highly possible it hits the .786 before a pull back.

But it should be 2K.
Brewmaster
AG
I don't disagree, just giving you a hard time brother
Aggies1322
AG

That dude has been on a good streak. Highly possible it hits the .786 before a pull back.

But it should be 2K.

You still think we're in a bull trap of epic proportions?
Brewmaster
AG

SPCe - to the moon baby!
TChaney
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Aggies1322 said:

But it should be 2K.

You still think we're in a bull trap of epic proportions?

I think it declined too far too fast, and has now rallied too far too fast. I think 2500 - 2750 SPX is a more fair value. Market is only up because of the fed and we all know that. P/E multiples will be very high and the headwinds in front of us: Covid, China, high unemployment, civil unrest are not going to disappear. I think it's highly likely we end the year above 3000, it doesn't mean there isn't downside in between.

I have two short targets, 2750 and 2600. I may get to one of them. There are lots of unfilled gaps to the downside.
59 South
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

Irish speaking da truth. Love the in your face teaching. I was thinking the same... learned this by experience a few years ago.
59 South
AG
PS check out that 3am ramp. So predictable... 3080-3100 today?
First Page Last Page
Page 1650 of 6414

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.