Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

21,987,456 Views | 224150 Replies | Last: 42 min ago by ProgN
AgEng06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
It's crazy that SPY was in this nice climb most of the day, and then right at the end...

Aston04
AG
Grabbed SNP's dividend for probably my last move off the day...Probably will regret it--- but hard for me to resist juicy dividends going ex-dividend...
McInnis 03
AG
Ok, i'm a liar, saw it dip again right after 2:52 and bought a 304c for today. I have a market sell order in for 3:12pm.
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
HoustonAg2014
AG
CrazyRichAggie said:

oldarmy1 said:

Lotto V $0.56 for Friday $200 calls. Why not. Consolidation day above lows from last 4 days. It's almost a sure thing if the markets do breakout, but it WILL require a breakout for them to pay.
in
In
Dddfff
AG
$30,000 Millionaire said:

is this thing going to dump or what?
The trend is should be your friend.
IrishTxAggie
AG
This is short for BTMFD!!!
Andy07
AG
Nice EOD push for AZN, let's hope for a gap up tomorrow
Boat Shoes
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

So what's your play?
IrishTxAggie
AG
Andy07 said:

Nice EOD push for AZN, let's hope for a gap up tomorrow
Takes out 55.6 and then there is some supply at 56.1. Through there and back to 52wk highs is possible
Grown Pear
AG
Ranger222 said:

Really think we are going to see a strong push in some of the FANG names tomorrow....they have been consolidating for a while now. Liking AAPL and FB heading into tomorrow. Also NFLX rebound back to 430
What are your target price levels for AAPL? I've been collecting some premium selling covered calls but don't want to give away too much upside.
IrishTxAggie
AG
Boat Shoes said:

IrishTxAggie said:

So what's your play?
I ain't touching this mother ****er for anything other than scalping pivots. I've seen tens of millions in premium destroyed on TSLA calls. Just as fast as this think moves up $60, it can drop $100. For the move it had, the volume was **** today too. Much safer ways to make money than betting on a genius with an itchy twitter finger.

My call spread worked wonderfully and I'm happy with that. First time in a long time I held TSLA overnight. Let alone a weekend
tramaro1
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

I hope his prediction comes true, I have the weekly $950 and $1000
OverSeas AG
AG
Every knee shall bow and every tongue shall confess
DON'T TREAD ON ME
TecRecAg
AG
Aggiesincebirth said:

CrazyRichAggie said:

oldarmy1 said:

Lotto V $0.56 for Friday $200 calls. Why not. Consolidation day above lows from last 4 days. It's almost a sure thing if the markets do breakout, but it WILL require a breakout for them to pay.
in
In
Also in
AgEng06
AG
McInnis 03 said:

Ok, i'm a liar, saw it dip again right after 2:52 and bought a 304c for today. I have a market sell order in for 3:12pm.
Well, how'd you make out?
riley290
AG
2020 S&P so far by sector

No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
jtmoney03
AG
OverSeas AG said:

I think I need to stay off the politics board. I get a little hot with some of the folks over there.

Talk to Irish and Prog. They can give you some pointers on how to get banne...err keep you from getting banned over on 16.
McInnis 03
AG
McInnis 03 said:

If this SPY pressure keeps up, I'm going to take a long position on a higher delta call expiring today, at about 2:52pm and will close it at 3:13pm at the market. This move is all the traders stuck in the room trying to figure out what to do, they saw the sells coming in and went short, they'll have to cover before the day closes. I'm going to try and scalp that.
For anyone following along at home, here's the trade autopsy:

At 2:30p (blue circle) the candle closed at 305.6x I believe. Market see sawed to the 2:52p mark, had I jumped in at 2:48 this would have played nicer. That being said when I saw the candles come right back to the 2:30p price I almost didn't play, but then a quick dip happened (and I shouldn't have played it, but I have poor discipline still) and so I grabbed a 304c for 1.63 (red circle). I populated a market sell order for 3:12::50pm and as you can see, despite more see sawing there was a recovery for a sell of 1.66 (black circle). A worthless trade on paper, but one I can learn a little bit from.

This is supposed to be a fade trade based on a bigger movement, that recovery at 2:47p threw this one out of whack and I should have sat out but that's the price to learn.

This is John Carter's 3:52 trade. I may need to re-listen to this chapter while I finish patching the hole in my wall that my daughters hoverboard made.
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
AgShaun00
AG
for some reason, nothing on twitter is showing up on texags.
AgShaun00
AG
ProgN
jtmoney03 said:

OverSeas AG said:

I think I need to stay off the politics board. I get a little hot with some of the folks over there.

Talk to Irish and Prog. They can give you some pointers on how to get banne...err keep you from getting banned over on 16.
Wiseass
Ranger222
AG
Really cool data visualization
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
jtmoney03 said:

OverSeas AG said:

have to be careful. It's really difficult to argue with zealots.
Touchless
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

Boat Shoes said:

IrishTxAggie said:

So what's your play?
I ain't touching this mother ****er for anything other than scalping pivots. I've seen tens of millions in premium destroyed on TSLA calls. Just as fast as this think moves up $60, it can drop $100. For the move it had, the volume was **** today too. Much safer ways to make money than betting on a genius with an itchy twitter finger.

My call spread worked wonderfully and I'm happy with that. First time in a long time I held TSLA overnight. Let alone a weekend
If that hits $1,000, I may opt for a $850P or something along those lines. Simply for the lotto that Musk pulls a Musk and says it's overvalued and it tanks briefly. I feel like it hitting $1,000 is a big mark obviously and maybe a more likely time he'd comment on it.
ProgN
I like your thinking but the premiums are so damn high. It's the epitome of feast or famine. You guess right, then you get PAID, if you're wrong, you get a tax write off.
IrishTxAggie
AG
jtmoney03 said:

OverSeas AG said:

In my defense, I haven't caught a F16 ban since the Wuhan Flu **** started. Had to log into my dad's account to check that.
topher06
If OA1 keeps up, most of us will need the tax writeoffs. That guy is fire.
riley290
AG
It's really not in the land of tslaville, remember when IV was sitting at 150 and now it's down around 60 which is about its 52 WK avg and close to its 90 day avg just above
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
ProgN
riley290 said:

It's really not in the land of tslaville, remember when IV was sitting at 150 and now it's down around 60 which is about its 52 WK avg and close to its 90 day avg just above
I understand what you're saying, I just don't have a good read on TSLA movements and every time I've tried to chase for "the big payoff", I'd get burned. I'll just cheer you guys on from the sidelines.
canagian
AG
Big thank-you to whomever started the discussion on ZEST. I've sold off a portion to get my original investment back and am sitting on 5000 shares net free.
Aggies1322
AG
Does anyone know anything about SGBX? My friend just bought an enormous amount.. but their financial statement looks terrible. Like Q1 of 2020 their Sales were $198,800 but their COGS excluding depreciation and amortization were $387,400. How can a company survive when their COGS is 2x their sales(the last 5 qtrs have also been negative)? Is that normal for companies?
Grown Pear
AG
Aggies1322 said:

Does anyone know anything about SGBX? My friend just bought an enormous amount.. but their financial statement looks terrible. Like Q1 of 2020 their Sales were $198,800 but their COGS excluding depreciation and amortization were $387,400. How can a company survive when their COGS is 2x their sales(the last 5 qtrs have also been negative)? Is that normal for companies?
They make it up by volume.
Brewmaster
AG
AgShaun00 said:

probably user error

AgShaun is my roomie from A&M days... if you see me poke fun at him and vice versa!
Brewmaster
AG
canagian said:

Big thank-you to whomever started the discussion on ZEST. I've sold off a portion to get my original investment back and am sitting on 5000 shares net free.
Love it! well done chief!
BrokeAssAggie
canagian said:

Very nice!
First Page Last Page
Page 1649 of 6405

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.