Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,088,843 Views | 224479 Replies | Last: 40 min ago by sts7049
IrishTxAggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I know... I suck with discipline.
oldarmy1
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

I know... I suck with discipline.

I even posted the trade in real time. Borrow my discipline for now.
0708aggie
AG
OA you buying here under $2?

Also thoughts on SN still the same? Buy under $5? Oil price has been down but SN hasn't really reacted to that drop like it has in the past.

Also any good earnings plays coming up?
oldarmy1
AG
0708aggie said:

OA you buying here under $2?

Also thoughts on SN still the same? Buy under $5? Oil price has been down but SN hasn't really reacted to that drop like it has in the past.

Also any good earnings plays coming up?

I am selling $2 Puts on AVEO. Worries me that this time might be a break of 3 time major support.

Ranger likely has the best earnings trades.

On SN I like them all on these pullbacks. CHK gave the best low risk trade today and I took that.
oldarmy1
AG
OLED ON $100 magnet watch. What a move from $80
oldarmy1
AG
CHK support held at $4.50 and forming trend reversal back to the upside.
oldarmy1
AG
Thay resistance around $385 on NFLX paid off on Puts. I closed those out herr at $374.70 but will load up if that matza ball gap $391.75 gets filled.
gougler08
AG
Looks like JD is stuck in a downward trend now, bounced off lower resistance at $37 today. Upper resistance is somewhere between $39 and $39.50
gougler08
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Thay resistance around $385 on NFLX paid off on Puts. I closed those out herr at $374.70 but will load up if that matza ball gap $391.75 gets filled.
So is your assumption that if the gap is filled, then it will quickly go back down to the resistance line, or turn back up?
oldarmy1
AG
gougler08 said:

oldarmy1 said:

So is your assumption that if the gap is filled, then it will quickly go back down to the resistance line, or turn back up?

I think NFLX is going to go through a recycle. Might not even fill that gap but anything close to $390 I'll get positioned and add some juice of it does fill.
Talon2DSO
AG
Which one of you was this....

https://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_5b4e717ee4b0de86f487d3b8
"Life's tough, but I'm tougher."
IrishTxAggie
AG
Anyone hear from Scimi lately?
leoj
AG
Lmao
Ragoo
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

Anyone hear from Scimi lately?
he moved to Memphis sometime back
IrishTxAggie
AG
I know. I spoke with him a few months ago. More of a tongue-in-cheek comment about the article linked.
SnowboardAg
AG
gougler08 said:

Looks like JD is stuck in a downward trend now, bounced off lower resistance at $37 today. Upper resistance is somewhere between $39 and $39.50
I'm looking at JD again in the neighborhood of 35.55 area. support around 34.50 strong so will buy again and put in stop in that same area. Actually thinking of selling some puts right now to get in that range. August 37's almost put you there.
oldarmy1
AG
JD volume spiked at above $44 reversing the stock. SQ tried to breakout yesterday hitting new highs near $70. Cup and handle classic technical on it but down markets might delay the fireworks. A call on any weakness out a month would be a good trade.

JD below $37 might be good entry, but again, I would use options versus shares during a sideways market - until we have a clear picture of direction.

JD is going to form a head and shoulder pattern which could send shares below support. That's when I'd sell Puts just around the money and buy calls $1.50 above whatever price you see volume flood in.
oldarmy1
AG
JNPR on short term breakout watch but lot of clutter around $29 mark back to end of '17 into 2018. It had a major volume spike sending shares to $37 that quickly failed back below $29.

All this has formed a nice Darvis Box that can be watched and ultimately traded for big money.
oldarmy1
AG
CHK.....watch for double bottom just under or around $4.50. Volume increased yesterday supporting these levels and I think any move below $4.55 will quickly see it above there until it moves higher.

Even if that fails short term the major support is at $4.25 level.
oldarmy1
AG
Bought 3k shares FTI premarket....down on oil prices near lower range.
oldarmy1
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Bought 3k shares FTI premarket....down on oil prices near lower range.

And someone followed my buy at $30.11-$30.12 with a 10k and 15k order clearing out early sellers sending it up to $30.27
oldarmy1
AG
On SQ I said calls on any weakness. Well you might add calls on breakout above $69.50.

It's bucking the futures and is up 91 cents.
oldarmy1
AG
BBOX had what looks like a shake out trade down to $1.60 that was scooped up back to $1.71. That volitialty I keep harping about.
johnson2012
AG
Bpmx with a premarket hop. Up 35% atm. Big volume at open. Almost 500k shares
oldarmy1
AG

I think this sends GOOG to new highs.
oldarmy1
AG
johnson2012 said:

Bpmx with a premarket hop. Up 35% atm. Big volume at open. Almost 500k shares

Thx....i had my alert at 30 cents
oldarmy1
AG
oldarmy1 said:

I think this sends GOOG to new highs.

GOOG shot from -4.83 to +3.37

Easy money exited for 9+

Thank you Mr. President!
oldarmy1
AG
SQ explosion
leoj
AG
Yep. Missed the sq ride. How far do you see this going in the near term?

Really interested in it as a potential long term holding. I know it's valuation ratios are stretched but I can't help but notice that every single small business I shop at uses their platform now
leoj
AG
Damn, Morgan Stanley and credit Suisse both raised targets, with the latter being 81.
tailgatetimer10
AG
I love SQ
oldarmy1
AG
leoj said:

Yep. Missed the sq ride. How far do you see this going in the near term?

Really interested in it as a potential long term holding. I know it's valuation ratios are stretched but I can't help but notice that every single small business I shop at uses their platform now

Breakout holds then impossible to say. So far each breakout to new highs range $5-8 move
oldarmy1
AG
CHK scenario laid out yesterday paid off. I webt straight stock but if any of you did the Put strategy you're golden.
oldarmy1
AG
Never broke out to kill DOW wave. Any follow through below 25k would signal another wave down. At some point however I see DOW narrowing these waves and going to a tighter range point. Very similar to 2016 election if you recall.
oldarmy1
AG
FLEX creeping to new highs. Slowest moving trend higher ever!

IWM looks great. I'd go Jul 27 $170 options
First Page Last Page
Page 165 of 6414

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.