Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,295,525 Views | 225299 Replies | Last: 6 hrs ago by El_duderino
oldarmy1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Nasdaq new all time high
khkman22
AG
Any thoughts on AMZN and resistance levels if they have a positive earnings call next week? Was looking at a $2,000 7/27 call as a gamble.

Aside from a great earnings beat, I'm hoping they can show that they are holding on to nearly all of the Prime subscribers that have just had their fee go up one more time. Not sure if that is information they will share during the earning call though.
oldarmy1
AG
Markets have a feel of coming oit of the sideways move. Anyone else getting that read? Nasdaq obviously has been a one-off move higher.

It would be a surprise to come before the elections unless big money has confidence there is no blue wave.
59 South
AG
Cautiously optimistic...

SPX holding 2800
Banks appear to have broken downward trend
VIX staying low
Ranger222
AG
My target is 2832 before I begin lightening my positions
Ranger222
AG
Look at some of these charts in semiconductor names.....this sector has some smoke to it, could be ready to blow

AMAT

NVDA

MU

Ranger222
AG
One more that is crypto related........

OSTK

leoj
AG
I added some more MU and LRCX the other day.
leoj
AG
Google with a $5 bil fine from the EU
UpstateAg
AG
They just pulled some change out of their beanbags in the collaboration station.
tramaro1
AG
what is everything thinking on AVEO? It was up pre-market then started to fall again.
gougler08
AG
I think it's probably back in that holding pattern it was in for a few months...the big change will happen once their results are announced in Q4 now
IrishTxAggie
AG
tramaro1 said:

what is everything thinking on AVEO? It was up pre-market then started to fall again.

It's a wait and see approach. I don't expect any big moves on it for at least 45 days.
leoj
AG
Hope Twitter has a good call next Friday
oldarmy1
AG
CHK Puts $4.50 strike trading at 6-7 cents. So any rebound of CHK quickly covers your 6 cents per share Put cost.

Can buy whatever equivalent number of shares against those at $4.53 and if it drops instead of rebounds you have the choice of selling the options to offset the share loss or execute the option and sell your shares at $4.50. Total loss $90 for every 10 options ($60 option price for 10 and $4.53 entry of 1000 shares).

Shares right on previous support.
gougler08
AG
leoj said:

It bounced right off the top of the flag yesterday and is now back in the middle, hope the call next week can break it out
oldarmy1
AG
Look at all that beautiful CHK minute volume within 2 minutes of posting the strategy.

Now all we need is a squeeze move higher.
UpstateAg
AG
I'm looking at 2 IPOs next week: Pinduoduo and Tenable. Anyone else looking for a swing trade or long hold with these?
oldarmy1
AG
gougler08 said:

leoj said:

It bounced right off the top of the flag yesterday and is now back in the middle, hope the call next week can break it out

Analysts hitting the stock with negative neutral talk. I would be contrarian.
oldarmy1
AG
I have had an iceberg order on BBOX at $1.50.

Something I don't usually share. I'm not alone there as only 10% of total order has been filled.
Ranger222
AG
OSTK down today, giving those an opportunity to get in if they want to see this ride. I'm a buyer once it touches the 5 day moving average around $40. That's a great spot to jump in with a hard stop below yesterday's low of 37.85
PPAag06
AG
A couple weeks ago you were talking about accumulating a smaller number of shares. Why the change of heart?
IrishTxAggie
AG
PPAag06 said:

A couple weeks ago you were talking about accumulating a smaller number of shares. Why the change of heart?
Probably the Facebook deal that the CEO has been hinting to the past couple of weeks.
oldarmy1
AG
PPAag06 said:

I saw the large lot size on the buy side and at the target entry price decided to add more. I think others see it because someone else nabbed a 50k share buy taking out all asks between $1.50-$160 followed by another one above that.
PPAag06
AG
Yea, I saw that order wipe out all asks. Your a MM!
jtmoney03
AG
I had a buy set at $1.55, apparently a tick too late. All you ballers are squeezing out this lolpoor! Stop buying up everything!! Up $.25 since that order filled.
oldarmy1
AG
PPAag06 said:

Wasn't me. I got 14255 shares of 50k $1.50 order filled today. An iceberg order is just like it sounds. You show something 500 shares visible at the bid but have it refresh if filled to show 500 more, etc. etc.

So sellers don't know strength at that price convincing them to hold, and or buy. But you can see it on the charts as it plays out.

Anyways, I went ahead and posted it while the shares were still at $1.52 in case anyone was thinking of buying or adding.

BTW. I sold 10k shares at $1.80-$1.77 to lower my overall holding share price below $1.50. Love it when a plan comes together!

And now if they want to screw around with it at $1.50 I'll be waiting.
oldarmy1
AG
FLEX is trying to set a record for slowest moving breakout ever.
Aggie09Derek
AG
Thanks for the tip, I got an extra good amount at 1.506.
oldarmy1
AG
Ranger222 said:

OSTK down today, giving those an opportunity to get in if they want to see this ride. I'm a buyer once it touches the 5 day moving average around $40. That's a great spot to jump in with a hard stop below yesterday's low of 37.85

Yo Lone Ranger! Got filled on OSTK at $40 down to $39.96 on the flash down below there.

You, sir, are admitted into the "Wizard" club.
SnowboardAg
AG
oldarmy1 said:

PPAag06 said:

Wasn't me. I got 14255 shares of 50k $1.50 order filled today. An iceberg order is just like it sounds. You show something 500 shares visible at the bid but have it refresh if filled to show 500 more, etc. etc.

So sellers don't know strength at that price convincing them to hold, and or buy. But you can see it on the charts as it plays out.

Anyways, I went ahead and posted it while the shares were still at $1.52 in case anyone was thinking of buying or adding.

BTW. I sold 10k shares at $1.80-$1.77 to lower my overall holding share price below $1.50. Love it when a plan comes together!

And now if they want to screw around with it at $1.50 I'll be waiting.
Haha - I took a picture of the open interest at 1.50. I was thinking that might be you before I saw this. I got a fill at 1.51
oldarmy1
AG
Aren't the markets funny. For 3 days BBOX looked lile you couldn't give it away under $1.60 and now volume is double above $1.70.

We also have a nice double bottom at $1.71 since the breakout.
oldarmy1
AG
$1.84
IrishTxAggie
AG
Taken a nice five figure bath on AVEO this past week. I need a beer.
oldarmy1
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

Taken a nice five figure bath on AVEO this past week. I need a beer.

You need to mirror my approach. Buy under $2 and sell above $2.75. Or at least sell $2.50 covered calls.
First Page Last Page
Page 164 of 6438

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.