Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,028,610 Views | 224259 Replies | Last: 57 min ago by CheladaAg
gougler08
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Which is the better option to buy low on today, NFLX or AVEO?
aggiehunter3
AG
aggiehunter3 said:

Good day for fins...I had picked up some C 7/20 $68s when it was down on Friday for .32 - sold at .86 and 1.50. I then decided to roll some profit into 7/20 $70s at .34 before close. $69 has been a big resistance level since early June, so I really liked the strong close above. I'm looking for a continuation this week.
Well no continuation thus far.

Picked up some NFLX 9/21 $420 calls at the open. In at $2.99 and they're already at $4.15. Contemplating a quick scalp or should I hold?
tailgatetimer10
AG
How much volitility can you handle
gougler08
AG
tailgatetimer10 said:

How much volitility can you handle
Already did the AVEO ride once (bought at $2.20 sold at $2.80) so may just run it back there
tailgatetimer10
AG
That's what my plan is.

However I bought both stocks, Aveo after hours yesterday and nflx this am
aggiehunter3
AG
aggiehunter3 said:

aggiehunter3 said:

Good day for fins...I had picked up some C 7/20 $68s when it was down on Friday for .32 - sold at .86 and 1.50. I then decided to roll some profit into 7/20 $70s at .34 before close. $69 has been a big resistance level since early June, so I really liked the strong close above. I'm looking for a continuation this week.

Picked up some NFLX 9/21 $420 calls at the open. In at $2.99 and they're already at $4.15. Contemplating a quick scalp or should I hold?
Couldn't handle the volatility - sold all at $5.50...not too shabby for a 30 minute trade.
leoj
AG
Wow, nice. Wish I had the cash on hand to do some trades like that on the higher priced stocks
oldarmy1
AG
I sold Puts on NFLX a little late but the press of shorts and covering by them still produced a 43% gain.

Putting FLEX on breakout watch. Not doing anything unless it breaks $14.90 and will have a stop at $14.80. I like charts with super tight windows like this. Lot of resistance all the way back to May attempted breakout. So tight stop because it could just as easily become a double top.
clobby
AG
OA, what is a short rundown on your process for DD for the companies you follow?

SIA if you have posted before.
gougler08
AG
Stupid work got in the way...ended up getting on NFLX an hour later than I wanted to
oldarmy1
AG
NFLX might make it all the way back to $400. Hard to see any significant resistance until $380.
Ranger222
AG
Well now we know where to buy NFLX -- the 20sma weekly. Touched 345 and never looked back. Congrats to those that got in on this. I expected it to bounce around 330-360 for a while but this was a buy the ****ing dip case
oldarmy1
AG
If I hadn't owned it I would have been buying premarket. But man what a move.

On a much more boring note, FLEX attempting a break out.
gougler08
AG
Ranger222 said:

Well now we know where to buy NFLX -- the 20sma weekly. Touched 345 and never looked back. Congrats to those that got in on this. I expected it to bounce around 330-360 for a while but this was a buy the ****ing dip case
Meant to check it first thing this morning and buy in, but as I mentioned, stupid work...did get in around $369 so I'll still take this positive day and not complain too much
oldarmy1
AG
clobby said:

OA, what is a short rundown on your process for DD for the companies you follow?

SIA if you have posted before.

Growth companies with high demand opportunity for their services and/or technology. Fundamentals from speaking with C-level matters more to me than the market fluff. Technicals including keying on Volume volume volume.

Some things I post are straight trades, such as the current FLEX one. I want to trade a breakout for 20%+ on stocks under $30.

Then there is the long ball accumulation approach. RRTS and BBOX are most recent and first ones other than "I" that are posted during initial accumulation. Most don't have the stomach for crazy swings during accumulation infancy.

I'm in big now on RRTS because its way undervalued IMO. BBOX is 2-3 quarters away from realizing its potential. That thing might range below $1.50 but I don't care about accumulation period volatility. The fact that we have that tells you other accumulators are doing the same. I made a 30k share purchase yesterday which brought in over 250k shares buying.

Why? Because they though major support had been reached and that jumped share price 14 cents. Once it does come in the shares will jump quick. But there is plenty of time before earnings catches up with Trammell's (new CEO) plan.
oldarmy1
AG
BOX breakout....gooooo
gougler08
AG
Also, kudos to Ranger for calling out MELI a few weeks back...has broken out up to $357+ now
aggiehunter3
AG
aggiehunter3 said:

aggiehunter3 said:

aggiehunter3 said:

Couldn't handle the volatility - sold all at $5.50...not too shabby for a 30 minute trade.

Oh man these hit $11 doh
oldarmy1
AG
CYBR brokeout
AggiePeeps06
AG
Wow what a trade! Maybe let everyone else in on it next time!
Ranger222
AG
watch dropbox for a play.....there was some report that they might be losing Facebook as a customer that sent it down 5% quickly this morning. I haven't even been able to find that article and some are calling it potentially a false rumor. has been rebounding since. If this thing closes green or even above 32, it may be the final shakeout before another move up.

Box also on the move today with Microsoft acquisition rumors. Reminder that there were big calls bought in this name with September expiration. I have Sept 32 C that I loaded when it was at ~24. More longterm calls bought this morning on the rumor Jan 19 36 C
Ranger222
AG
yeah....if you had the gumption to buy NFLX 380 C that expired this week this morning when they were trading for 3 cents...hit 9 dollars earlier. This is what makes options so fun (and dangerous if you're on the other end)
oldarmy1
AG
I think NFLX 387 area would be ceiling for now. Going to buy some Puts if it pushes above $385. Some volitilaty once thos recovery ends should be next.
oldarmy1
AG
FLEX $14.92....right at previous tops. $15 will get ya $16 quick
ClickClack
AG
aggiehunter3 said:

aggiehunter3 said:

aggiehunter3 said:

aggiehunter3 said:

Oh man these hit $11 doh

Bought the 372.50 weekly call this morning @ 4.55ea and sold for 15.25ea over about 1.5 hours. Made up for about four bad trades in a row previously. Crazy.

Even crazier is the day low on that contract was $0.65. Day high is $16.50 or something. 24x your money in a few hours.
WestTexAg12
AG
oldarmy1 said:

You going to buy a 15.00 call or buy shares?
"Give me an army of West Point graduates and I'll win a battle. Give me a handful of Texas Aggies, and I'll win the war.”
- General George S. Patton
oldarmy1
AG
Recall the rule that broken support often becomes resistance. NFLX had support between $385-$390. I placed a green/red line underscoring that because I trade these with shorts or Put options, with an easy exit should $390 get broken to the upside.

oldarmy1
AG
I'll buy the calls for maximum % gain
Ragoo
AG
WestTexAg12 said:

oldarmy1 said:

You going to buy a 15.00 call or buy shares?
i don't like buying calls, but I have an order working for $15 out to 7/27, the day after earnings. Strictly an earnings play. If it spikes, winner. if not i am out $88. Order just filled.
tailgatetimer10
AG
Chk making a bullish move
oldarmy1
AG
FLEX half a million on the minute marker....give it to us!
Aggie09Derek
AG
Y'all still holding BBOX? Debating if I should buy some more here or not.
gougler08
AG
TWTR settling right at the top of the bull flag pattern today...will be interesting to see if it can break out (and hold) soon or after earnings
Ragoo
AG
gougler08 said:

TWTR settling right at the top of the bull flag pattern today...will be interesting to see if it can break out (and hold) soon or after earnings
i have calls expiring Friday on half my position. Sideways under $45 is fine with me the rest of this week.
gougler08
AG
I highly doubt it breaks out until earnings (assuming the beat the estimates again)
First Page Last Page
Page 163 of 6408

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.