Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,100,363 Views | 224562 Replies | Last: 49 min ago by jagvocate
pfo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
BPMX got FDA waiver for cancer testing on their new topical acne drug.
khkman22
AG
oldarmy1 said:

FLEX creeping to new highs. Slowest moving trend higher ever!
That's because I just closed out my long calls. I am almost always short in my positions to collect the premium, so I closed for a small gain since it was not in my normal risk profile. Naturally it goes up $.10 within 15-30 minutes of closing my position, and now another $.04.
oldarmy1
AG
FLEX $15.20

Finally getting some momentum behind it.
Ragoo
AG
oldarmy1 said:

FLEX $15.20

Finally getting some momentum behind it.
so this is was my first play into buying calls. I only bought because we were getting relatively cheap ATM calls out 2 weeks. The +$0.25 move means the $0.44 I paid already have $0.25 of intrinsic value.
oldarmy1
AG
It was firmly holding above $15 against a negative market. I added additional shares on top of the August calls.

There was hardly any volitilaty that might shake holders out.

what say you
AVEO, can anybody tell me what in the world I just read from their press release today? Needing 12 more PFS events (have 243 and want 255) can take how long exactly and where do they get these people?

stock up ~ 9% right now
oldarmy1
AG
oldarmy1 said:

FLEX creeping to new highs. Slowest moving trend higher ever!

IWM looks great. I'd go Jul 27 $170 options

Anyone join me on IWM calls? Up 63% from post. My target is $1.50
IrishTxAggie
AG
AVEO loves playing with my emotions. Up over 13% today.
tramaro1
AG
Like a dummy I didn't get in on AVEO when it was under $2
tailgatetimer10
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

AVEO loves playing with my emotions. Up over 13% today.

It's up 15%, you noob
IrishTxAggie
AG
Now I just need AIMT to be bought out and all will be well!!
Señor Chang
AG
Bought AVEO at $1.89 yesterday. I'm glad I follow this board, otherwise I never would have known about it.
oldarmy1
AG
Seor Chang said:

Bought AVEO at $1.89 yesterday. I'm glad I follow this board, otherwise I never would have known about it.

Buy under $2 and sale over $2.75. At least trading shares. Small traders might consider a 10 cent $2 Put out to August 17. Im the above scenario he bought at $1.89 so he can be net zero risk out to August 17th at a net $1.99 per share holding price.

Today the stock is getting squeezed but after today it could do anything short term.
oldarmy1
AG
FEYE. Bought $18 calls out to August 17. Quick v shape recovery over last couple of weeks. I was hoping it would fill that gap back at $16 to enter long shares but its holding up against markets to form handle.

I'm also sitting at $1 Put on $17 strikes that would get me $16 entry net if Puts executed on me. Right where I want to be entered eventually.
oldarmy1
AG
OSTK strong recovery to get back above key $40 mark on volume today. Love seeing that in a stock and would expect a move upward tomorrow.
Señor Chang
AG
Just so I understand, you are talking about selling an AVEO $2 put? I'm a newbie with options.

I would sell the put, and if it ends up getting executed, after the premium, I would essentially be buying AVEO at $1.90.

IrishTxAggie
AG
Yes
oldarmy1
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Seor Chang said:

Buy under $2 and sale over $2.75. At least trading shares. Small traders might consider a 10 cent $2 Put out to August 17. Im the above scenario he bought at $1.89 so he can be net zero risk out to August 17th at a net $1.99 per share holding price.

Today the stock is getting squeezed but after today it could do anything short term.
oldarmy1
AG
Seor Chang said:

Just so I understand, you are talking about selling an AVEO $2 put? I'm a newbie with options.

I would sell the put, and if it ends up getting executed, after the premium, I would essentially be buying AVEO at $1.90.

Not now. That move would have been while the shares were at $1.89 because you could have gotten 30 cents for those putting your net entry at $1.70 if executed.
oldarmy1
AG
MSFT beats and has killer growth across gaming, cloud and other areas. Stock basically flat after initially dropping to $102.50 then bounced to $105.50. Now 104.75 flatlining. Zero action. Strange.
Señor Chang
AG
Skechers down over 20% after hours
gougler08
AG
oldarmy1 said:

MSFT beats and has killer growth across gaming, cloud and other areas. Stock basically flat after initially dropping to $102.50 then bounced to $105.50. Now 104.75 flatlining. Zero action. Strange.
I can never figure out above expected earnings and why it does/doesn't make a stock take off
oldarmy1
AG
Moving now. $105.93
tailgatetimer10
AG
This spells good news for AMD. Their improved profits are dependent on server business
Bonfire1996
AG
tailgatetimer10 said:

This spells good news for AMD. Their improved profits are dependent on server business
memory too as cloud growth needs various forms of RAM.
Ragoo
AG
Need roku to pop back up above 50 for some options to expire worthless or will look to roll them.
oldarmy1
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Moving now. $105.93

MSFT now $108.30
aggiehunter3
AG
Hope MSFT holds...picked up 106 calls right before close.
oldarmy1
AG
aggiehunter3 said:

Hope MSFT holds...picked up 106 calls right before close.
Futures are green but there were rumors floating of another round of Tariffs being announced. If you wake up to red you'll know those happened.
Ranger222
AG
Futures taking a tumble thanks to China fixing their currency against the dollar.....Trump wanted a trade war and now its here.....Xi trying to make him blink

If the markets start to tumble here on this, Trump gonna be put in a corner. Maybe why he was speaking up against the Fed hiking rates just today
gougler08
AG
Ranger222 said:

Futures taking a tumble thanks to China fixing their currency against the dollar.....Trump wanted a trade war and now its here.....Xi trying to make him blink

If the markets start to tumble here on this, Trump gonna be put in a corner. Maybe why he was speaking up against the Fed hiking rates just today

Not a huge fan of this as a JD owner
59 South
AG
Looking more and more like we're about to downwave. If it's obvious we are going to close SPX <2800 / DOW <25000 by around noon tomorrow, I'm unloading almost everything into cash. At least everything in index funds/ETFs...
oldarmy1
AG
Difficult to make any strategic decisions with this outside anomoly popping into markets.
oldarmy1
AG
Tell Xi that we are going to convert all national debt to the Yuan, and that values of when each dollar of debt was incurred will be back valued.

Serious as a heart attack. Take the gloves off and say we're done screwing around.
SlackerAg
AG
Winning

First Page Last Page
Page 166 of 6417

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.