Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,089,504 Views | 224479 Replies | Last: 3 hrs ago by sts7049
djmeen95
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
AgShaun00 said:

is there a reason why ZOM is .1375 PM?

Pretty sure it has something to do with this news:
Quote:

Zomedica Pharmaceuticals Corp. (NYSE American: ZOM) ("Zomedica" or the "Company"), a veterinary diagnostic company, today announced the pricing of a public offering of 133,333,333 common shares (or common share equivalents) of the Company, together with warrants to purchase up to 133,333,333 common shares, at a combined public offering price of $0.15 per share and accompanying warrant.

https://apple.news/AdAd_Dx5PRJmJZVRfJyZx5Q
oldarmy1
AG
TSLA down over $4 early but will excitement over SpaceX Launch also launch TSLA?
oldarmy1
AG
Good spotting of BA call flow yesterday. I sold a bunch of naked puts that are going to be up 50% at the open.
cgh1999
AG
gougler08 said:

CADE at 8.45, confirming the Darvas Box exit

My $2.50 calls are looking gooooooodddd!! Problem is, my long shares are still at $16/share cost basis (slowly worked down from $23+)
cisgenderedAggie
cgh1999 said:

gougler08 said:

CADE at 8.45, confirming the Darvas Box exit

My $2.50 calls are looking gooooooodddd!! Problem is, my long shares are still at $16/share cost basis (slowly worked down from $23+)

There's some out of sync bids on Jin 7.5c and dec 12.5c in there. Placed an order for some to see if any drop.
12thMan86
AG
McInnis 03 said:

Since 1990, there have been 29 times when S&P has had big gap up gains (>1%) on a long wknd. 14 times of those 29 the market was high by an avg of .3% on the next day, 15 times the market was lower by an avg of 1%.
-John F. Carter alerted not long ago

People may be thinking big gains again tomorrow. May not be the case.
So are you doing the trial with Simpler?
texagbeliever
For the pharma gamblers, HTBX is on a morning jump and could be a candidate for breakout and then bust like most other pharmas.
FriskyGardenGnome
AG
AgShaun00 said:

is there a reason why ZOM is .1375 PM?
Yes. They announced an offering for 133M shares @ 0.15/per
McInnis 03
AG
12thMan86 said:

McInnis 03 said:

Since 1990, there have been 29 times when S&P has had big gap up gains (>1%) on a long wknd. 14 times of those 29 the market was high by an avg of .3% on the next day, 15 times the market was lower by an avg of 1%.

I am, it's only 7 days. Friday is my last day.
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
texagbeliever
Also interesting one to look at SABR. Just announced an extension on its deal with Southwest Airlines. Also potentially broke out of its Darvas Box yesterday as well. I'm putting in some hopeful options at $10.
12thMan86
AG
McInnis 03 said:

12thMan86 said:

McInnis 03 said:

I am, it's only 7 days. Friday is my last day.
Oh wow, it used to be a month. Have you been listening to the room each day? Good luck McInnis!
cisgenderedAggie
texagbeliever said:

For the pharma gamblers, HTBX is on a morning jump and could be a candidate for breakout and then bust like most other pharmas.

They've been working on a vaccine. News this morning is that they have entered a deal with a manufacturer.
texagbeliever
SDC stock jump isn't just volume: It joined Empire Blue Cross Blueshield network. About to get that insurance paid!!
cmk10
AG
Does airline stocks keep rising?
McInnis 03
AG
Darvas Box Alert:
HPE

Seems to be in the middle of a DB that's been working for a month and a half.

***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
oldarmy1
AG
ROKU hard stock to read due to it being the most manipulated big cap stock. Do we break this low 3 day support and fall? Or will we get my patented "tricksy" open below that mark to invite bears and sellers only to get ripped upward?

Either way it's a good time for a Put/Call approach with weeklies being cheaper today.
oldarmy1
AG
McInnis 03 said:

Darvas Box Alert:
HPE

Now THAT'S a Darvas Box!
oldarmy1
AG
If you see $7 on RUBI the accumulation opportunity at lows is gone. Was hoping that would just continue through summer since its natural revenue growth period will be in the fall onward.
Brewmaster
AG
ATVI - did we move on from that one? I bought the dip yesterday on calls, but down another $1 premarket.
AfghanVet
Spirit for the win....got in 150 shares at 8$/share and bought a couple of 7/17 12.5c while the market was down..
OFS 2019 FOB Dahlke "rocket city" 354th MCS
oldarmy1
AG
BREwmaster said:

ATVI - did we move on from that one? I bought the dip yesterday on calls, but down another $1 premarket.
It hit $0.80 stop for a small loss. Sorry if you didn't see the stop loss post. Since you are still holding it and the loss at current price is baked in you might hold for initial 30 minutes to see if reversal but it's not a sure thing that even a reversal retest of around entry would not become resistance - because that was key support.
oldarmy1
AG
MOMO working to confirm that reversal harami formed yesterday.
oldarmy1
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Bought first ATVI $75 June 19th at $0.95....obvious some rotation out of these defensive stocks so going to play it tight stop at $0.80 if loses support.
Brew....here is the post on ATVI. If the rotation sellers have finished then it can pop but it lost key support.
E
AG
oldarmy1 said:

McInnis 03 said:

Darvas Box Alert:
HPE

Now THAT'S a Darvas Box!

Load up the boat?
Shundere
So i was looking at HPE option chain, why are the 7/19 12c only .05?
oldarmy1
AG
E said:

oldarmy1 said:

McInnis 03 said:

Darvas Box Alert:
HPE

Now THAT'S a Darvas Box!

Load up the boat?
Which direction? It's right in the middle of the box.
XpressAg09
AG
So this is a new term...out of curiosity, what is a Darvas Box and what does it tell me? Is HPE going to the moon?

Investopedia seems to favor it leaning bullish:
Quote:

KEY TAKEAWAYS
  • Traders applying the Darvas box theory target stocks with increasing trade volume.
  • The Darvas box theory isn't locked into a specific time period, so the boxes are created by drawing a line along the recent highs and recent lows of the time period the trader is using.
  • The Darvas box theory works best in a rising market and/or by targeting bullish sectors.

oldarmy1
AG
Shundere said:

So i was looking at HPE option chain, why are the 7/19 12c only .05?
Because those are well outside the box
Aggies1322
AG
What's going on with V?
HoustonAg_2009
Down 43% in just 2 weeks of my ownership!
gougler08
AG
XpressAg09 said:

So this is a new term...out of curiosity, what is a Darvas Box and what does it tell me? Is HPE going to the moon?

Investopedia seems to favor it leaning bullish:
Quote:

KEY TAKEAWAYS
  • Traders applying the Darvas box theory target stocks with increasing trade volume.
  • The Darvas box theory isn't locked into a specific time period, so the boxes are created by drawing a line along the recent highs and recent lows of the time period the trader is using.
  • The Darvas box theory works best in a rising market and/or by targeting bullish sectors.

Basically its a stock that is bouncing between hard resistance and firm support, so it's a good opportunity to enter a short/long position depending on where it is in the box. The HPE example is great as you can enter long around 9 and sell/short around 10.50 and just keep bouncing back and forth

Once it breaks out, it normally will run either way for a while (see BJ, CADE, etc.)
gougler08
AG
Taking almost all my DFS off here
Shundere
Geez. Last two days futures have looked great and then everything fails, besides RUBI
stxag8
AG
Jump ship or double down on V?
khaos288
AG
stxag8 said:

Jump ship or double down on V?
getting close to my stop at this point
First Page Last Page
Page 1606 of 6414

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.