Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,205,913 Views | 224905 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by oldarmy1
McInnis 03
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Since 1990, there have been 29 times when S&P has had big gap up gains (>1%) on a long wknd. 14 times of those 29 the market was high by an avg of .3% on the next day, 15 times the market was lower by an avg of 1%.
-John F. Carter alerted not long ago

People may be thinking big gains again tomorrow. May not be the case.
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
Fightin_Aggie
AG
What is the best way to watch market volume?

Volume is looking light on this rebound or am I not getting good info?
The world needs mean tweets

My Pronouns Ultra and MAGA

Trump 2024
AgsnFly
AG
McInnis 03 said:

Any of you whales swimming in the BKNG sea? Some of those calls are making people rich right now.

Long the underlying and enjoying the swim.
Coachbro20
Is 1.30 too expensive for entry into the Visa $200 calls?
MavsAg
AG
Talon2DSO said:

Picked up some LUV 27.50c a few weeks ago for about $1.60. Theyre rocking today. At what point should I sell those? Hold to see if it goes higher or take what I can now and move on?
Nice. I sold mine when they got to $3.20 last week (I had the 6/19 $27.50C). Looks like those are at $5.50 right now. If I were you I would take most, if not all, the profit now. Sure they can continue to go up, but you're up almost 250%.

Remember pigs get fat, hogs get slaughtered. Also remember, I'm the guy who left $2.30 per contract on the table.
AgShaun00
AG
Coachbro20 said:

Is 1.30 too expensive for entry into the Visa $200 calls?
he is wanting a 3.5 exit so that is your call. If a double is achievable, then i would do it.
0708aggie
AG
Anyone on the ROKU calls unloading?
TChaney
Bought a few cheap MRNA puts last Friday... 55p/56p at .25/.35 Just sold one for profit and net free on the rest... I hope this thing keeps falling.

Feels strange rooting for a stock to fail.
AgEng06
AG
texagbeliever said:

MGM at 17.69, may have broken out of its box. Could he another ERI. I'm on $20 call 6/19
Followed you on these. Up ~20% from my entry.
tramaro1
AG
This morning was so promising...I need to start taking profits quicker
TecRecAg
AG
MavsAg said:

Also remember, I'm the guy who left $2.30 per contract on the table.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
MavsAg said:

Talon2DSO said:

Picked up some LUV 27.50c a few weeks ago for about $1.60. Theyre rocking today. At what point should I sell those? Hold to see if it goes higher or take what I can now and move on?
Nice. I sold mine when they got to $3.20 last week (I had the 6/19 $27.50C). Looks like those are at $5.50 right now. If I were you I would take most, if not all, the profit now. Sure they can continue to go up, but you're up almost 250%.

Remember pigs get fat, hogs get slaughtered. Also remember, I'm the guy who left $2.30 per contract on the table.
If you think it's still going to run you can hold. If you want to take a little off you could think about selling yours and reinvesting a portion of that at a higher strike price. That way you take some off the table, but you still keep upside potential. Or you could sell them all - profit is profit.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Why would anyone sell LUV right now? It's still got a long ways to go to reach all-time highs. No reason not to hold onto it for the long term recovery.
MROD92
What is the price for top of the Darvas box for Rubi?
McInnis 03
AG
Maybe I'm alone, but I'm looking at the 180D 4H chart on RUBI and I don't see a defined box. That being said, I do see that it's crossed it's 200period moving avg for only the second time since the big COVID drop. Last time it was only there overnight. If it can stay there through tonigth and tomorrow, this could be a start for an upward trend that would be exciting for many in here.
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
IrishTxAggie
AG
What is so odd is the weakness in the beta names today while we're up ~1.6%. NFLX, TSLA, FB, AAPL, ROKU, BYND, SHOP, NVDA, etc. are all down or flat-ish. Tomorrow should be interesting.
AfghanVet
0708aggie said:

Can't make my mind up.... 113c for 5/29 and lost half its value. not sure if I wanna sell and recoup half my loss or grow some balls and hangon
OFS 2019 FOB Dahlke "rocket city" 354th MCS
Carlo4
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Why would anyone sell LUV right now? It's still got a long ways to go to reach all-time highs. No reason not to hold onto it for the long term recovery.

I sold it to make my quick 35% in a week or so. Not mad at all. I think the markets will turn south sooner than later, so I think I can get in again in the 20s.

If I'm wrong, I'll jump back in mid 30s or a little higher and enjoy the rest.
Carlo4
AG
Look at that battle for 2999/200 day moving average for SPX
Cartographer
You have a day or so to make that decision or theta will make it for you. Good luck!
Carlo4
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

What is so odd is the weakness in the beta names today while we're up ~1.6%. NFLX, TSLA, FB, AAPL, ROKU, BYND, SHOP, NVDA, etc. are all down or flat-ish. Tomorrow should be interesting.
They are down because everyone sold to get into LUV, WYNN, RCL, etc. Just my thought. Everything is opening up, so now you can sell your "safety net" of the big tech stocks.

ProgN
0708aggie said:

I'm not, plenty of time for mine 6/19
TxAG#2011
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Yea cases are declining pretty steadily right now and anecdotally, people I know are starting to make travel plans again.
AgShaun00
AG
any SPY straddles for tomorrow?

I would have thought about a SPY hedge, but not sure today.
Carlo4
AG
bears still have control if we finish below 2999 on SPX... even if one more day.

cptthunder
Watching SPY for the last 10 minutes has been entertaining to say the least...and we still have 9 more minutes to go
E
AG
MU where ya going buddy??
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
WTF
khaos288
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

WTF
money down the toilet, what a good day!
gougler08
AG
Bulls come in strong in last min
ProgN
I think we open down in the morning.
Carlo4
AG
Prognightmare said:

I think we open down in the morning.
This is such a big deal here. Back in May 2008, we tested and failed on the 200 day average before the market collapse that fall. This is a big deal to watch for potential future outcomes if history attempts to repeat itself. We need to break it, clear it, and keep pushing forward... and it's not happening.

Shiner Bock
fun day. took profits on GM calls, JD calls... added those UBER calls just before close
Mr President Elect
AG
Least fun $300 I think I have ever made
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I'm trying not to be excited, but I'm optimistic a bear scenario could be in play now. Made money today being short on NDX. I got stopped out several times, but I'll take it.
First Page Last Page
Page 1603 of 6426

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.