Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,031,131 Views | 224270 Replies | Last: 2 min ago by sts7049
ProgN
How long do you want to ignore this user?
tam2002 said:

Futures flipped green. Back over 3000
Imo, it would be better if they were negative and powered positive after the open. Open green and sell off is a worse scenario based on my experience.
Red Rover
AG
Or they could open green and run up another 1.6% to close around 3,050. Where can I vote for that option?
ProgN
Better call JPowell tonight.
TChaney
RPMag
AG
texagbeliever said:

Aggies1322 said:

Think it's too late to jump on DKNG?

DKNG still has its first football weekend. Its first big american main sport to return to action. Lots of big noise events to drive up demand

It's in blue sky territory. Going to run on some hype but it's bound to retest lower at some point. May be some profit taking tomorrow at the bell and you will have a chance.
cisgenderedAggie
TChaney said:

Wanted to share this, and I really shouldn't be surprised it worked.

I was looking over my long calls and puts, and I wanted to add to a couple.

One was a low volume/low dollar stock.

The calls had no bid and ask of .75. I wanted to pay about .20

I did a sell to close of one call at .35, within about 30 minutes the ask is now .30. I changed my order to .25, and within the hour ask is at .20. Cancelled my order and bought 5 more calls at .20.

I know it cost me a dollar

FYI if you try this I would say only do it if you are ready to let go of that one call, also watch for a 0 or very low bid with a wide spread from the ask.

Also these are stock I want to own long term, I have a decent position in some of them but if they do well I can expand with these calls, if not then I'm not sitting on a huge pile of a losing stock.

$30,000 Millionaire
AG
3016 at the moment. Can't even imagine what the 3am gap up looks like. The gap up will likely be so great the cash session can't close red. It's been this exact scenario almost every day for a month.
aunuwyn08
AG
I rolled my 401k back into 80% equities from 50% equities tonight. I'm sure we're going to retest monthly lows now ..
"There is no security on this earth, there is only opportunity." - General Douglas MacArthur
McInnis 03
AG
MGM is never coming back down??
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
tam2002
AG
Futures are out of control. I keep saying to myself this can't keep up but it does somehow. This might be a take major profit day and go to cash for a dip that probably never comes
texagbeliever
Bears at close yesterday

Bulls waking up this morning

Yes i know 2 different movies.
texagbeliever
MGM is on a journey now, one that i think will look very similar to ERI.
TChaney
ProgN
ProgN

Just file this away for the future.

If Trump is re-elected, TWTR, FB, etc could come under federal scrutiny. This would affect your long term holds if they're a part of your portfolio.
texagbeliever
I would certainly be cautious with any of the giants in America if Trump wins a second term. Amazon, google, FB, and twitter (not that giant). Everyone knows Trump hates it when he feels slighted, and those companies have been slighting him since day 1.
Ranger222
AG
Hate this gap up. Going to be hard to start any new position at the open

Congrats if you were long overnight
oldarmy1
AG
Why do people say "bears at the close?" We were way up and had some late consolidation, which is about the most predictable pattern in existence.

NIO above $4 is significant. V should complete its move for payoff. If the stock that shall not be named breaks out then the SPY 313 becomes highly likely, because when zombies wake the bulls are rumbling the earth.
texagbeliever
Yes but "late consolidation" doesn't make the gif as good
oldarmy1
AG
texagbeliever said:

Yes but "late consolidation" doesn't make the gif as good
oldarmy1
AG
When is ROKU going to break its trend line down? You'll want to be in it when it does.
Carlo4
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Why do people say "bears at the close?" We were way up and had some late consolidation, which is about the most predictable pattern in existence.

NIO above $4 is significant. V should complete its move for payoff. If the stock that shall not be named breaks out then the SPY 313 becomes highly likely, because when zombies wake the bulls are rumbling the earth.

Last time yesterday happened, it was in May 2008. We had a rally that failed at the end of the day to close above 200 day average. Market fell over 50% from that point over the next 9 months.

Maybe I'm not using the right terms, but I think yesterday and today are a really big deal. If we close back below 3000 again today, it will keep things interesting.
fightintxag13
AG
COF with a nice big gap up!
tam2002
AG
I've been on of the believers that we had a fall coming but I'm out of that camp now. Fundamentals don't matter and even if this thing started to fall the fed would stop it. Next stop is 3100 before I start thinking it again
claym711
AG
Haha you might be a permabull if.......you call doubling the day's range to the downside in 20 mins "consolidation".
gougler08
AG
CADE at 8.45, confirming the Darvas Box exit
oldarmy1
AG
JPM

To think I was saying with conviction "It will see $93". I sold way too much at $93.30. Sold most all remaining shares just now not willing to wait for market open likely $100 flash.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
I know what position you can open, ranger: tvix!
fightintxag13
AG
gougler08 said:

Glad I got stopped out of my short and entered the calls. The recent BJ trade was enlightening on how to trade a Darvas Box breakout. Thanks to you for continually posting about CADE, and as always, thanks to everyone here who continue to educate lemmings like myself .
AgShaun00
AG
is there a reason why ZOM is .1375 PM?
McInnis 03
AG
On the topic of "the fall or the V bottom", I've been thinking....historically the market reacts to the upcoming election. Could it be that this time the election is going to react to the market? Are the MM's sitting aside allowing retail to control this nonsense along with the Fed in anticipation that a rally/recovery could reelect Mr 25,000? Then they start to come back in and do their thing? Hell, I'm just talking out loud at this point, but seems interesting to me that a recovery could offer a reelection of the president who's first term ushered in unprecedented market gains.......
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
McInnis 03
AG
oldarmy1 said:

JPM

To think I was saying with conviction "It will see $93". I sold way too much at $93.30. Sold most all remaining shares just now not willing to wait for market open likely $100 flash.
The banks, all the banks, theyr'e going nutso. That typically means "WHEEEEEEEEEEEE" right? "Follow the banks"?

B&I Key:
ProgN
Strong volume on SDC this morning
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
fightintxag13 said:

gougler08 said:

The recent BJ trade was enlightening on how to trade a Darvas Box breakout

I don't feel like i learned a lot from that? I thought most of us exited way too early (oa included), and I'm still not sure how i would do it differently next time. What was the lesson?

Also buying puts on cade this morning
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
I dunno but I'm tripling up.
They probably completed the offering they were talking about
First Page Last Page
Page 1605 of 6408

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.