Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,090,200 Views | 224479 Replies | Last: 5 hrs ago by sts7049
How long do you want to ignore this user?
today markets up while WTI is down. they've been tracking for a while. interesting.
claym711
AG
Some commodity stocks I've been watching having breakouts. VALE especially interesting to me.
oldarmy1
AG
Should be obvious that I want to be in TWTR. Recall thread comparing fundamentals to FB when making initial buys when around $15+? They will figure out how to monetize the channel and profits will soar. It's my sleeper pick since it really hasn't participated in the macro market movement thus far. It will.

Met with a company who uses Twitter to market to all product related # (hashtag) tweets and products by name. Twitter charges a flat transaction fee for data lead gen. That's only 1 of a zillion coming monetization strategies.

Here is that post when TWTR was right at entry real time posting $15:

http://texags.com/forums/57/topics/2717800/replies
oldarmy1
AG
BTW if you ain't flat on the shorts you aren't watching the move above the triple top intraday resistance broken. Meaning - go with the cheap Puts versus tying up large sums of money if placing a strategy of this turning in to being a reversal top. I have seen nothing to indicate that yet.
Post removed:
by user
oldarmy1
AG
I am close to that method during these periods. Good stuff.
oldarmy1
AG
Post your cup and handle charts. Any that haven't broken out should be on the radar. Here is AMZN with the obvious bullish C&H breaking out today. For novice traders anytime that handle is above the formed cup it is bullish. A trader will have alert set right where my line is riding the top of the extended handle and enter the stock the moment it breaks above that level because the stock tends to make a large green candle upwards intraday plus a trend higher occurs.

Joseph Parrish
AG
I tend to only trade what I know. I'm in oil and gas, so I generally stick to that. When oil price crashed to $27/bbl, I bought thousands of shares. As of today, I'm up 237% on one stock and up 40% on another. I just wish I'd bought more.
oldarmy1
AG
quote:
I tend to only trade what I know. I'm in oil and gas, so I generally stick to that. When oil price crashed to $27/bbl, I bought thousands of shares. As of today, I'm up 237% on one stock and up 40% on another. I just wish I'd bought more.
Buying what you know is Rule #1. That was some awesome buys sir!
claym711
AG
The 2080-2081 S&P trend line Is being knocked on.
oldarmy1
AG
quote:
The 2080-2081 S&P trend line Is being knocked on.
oldarmy1
AG
Boom! Volume breakout to 2082.5 fast
claym711
AG
Yup broken, will it hold above eod??
oldarmy1
AG
DOW still below Nov. top still but closing in.

oldarmy1
AG
Volume is so low it makes analysis very difficult.
NGUYENAGS
AG
I take a bite here at 208. Sl 210. The 2 bottoms pattern (2 bottoms at 181.x) give target at 208. Fibo and trendline all pointed to this area.
https://www.tradingview.com/x/J3KeyvE5/
oldarmy1
AG
Markets sideways in tight range going into the Middle East oil decision.

Do we do like last time and trade this sideways range before trailing off lower into the close leading to a nice bright red Monday open? If we break the intraday tight range to the down side I'll be weighting Puts looking exactly for that repeat performance.
Pignorant
AG
Two hours before close and falling off.
Post removed:
by user
oldarmy1
AG
Meh. Took a small SPY Put and FAZ Call position but markets slightly red tells us very little.
oldarmy1
AG
Note - Out of the country next week and limited time for market action.

Jeff - You know what that means. The market always does crazy things when I'm unable to watch it. Prepare your platforms!
oldarmy1
AG
Jeff- Those FAZ buys late gonna be sparking. S&P Futures down 10.75
aggiemetal
AG
beautiful futures open, great call man
oldarmy1
AG
Mixed bag described Friday ends up being seen with larger futures coming off overnight lows. FAZ only up 50 cents doesn't give the $1 to sell half for the easy protective trade. So if there is a immediate move lower and FAZ jumps I'd be looking to either sell 50%, sell an in the money covered call that gives a nice cuhsion if the markets decide to retest OR I could even buy a $40 Put which is above FAZ entry price from Friday on the cheap and just let everything play out the nextfew days.

TWTR shares bucking the negative market and actually up this morning. Earnings are next Tuesday and I'm long TWTR as posted. I will use some cheap puts on TWTR since we are well above entry price just to protect profits in case markets go deep red, and dragging everything with it.

Happy trading!
oldarmy1
AG
All the counter moves paid off. FAZ protection paid big with market reversing higher. Twitter Puts on opening at 17.70 area paid off. Until we have a confirmed top this is how we live.
claym711
AG
This has been a 15% run over last 46 trading days.
OA_02
AG
Some of the channel analysis a few months ago was horribly off. Seems like you can take a lot of that stuff with a grain of salt. You have to be fully immersed in this stuff to make money on it.

No doubt some of you guys have made money on these day or swing trades, but were way, way wrong on the bigger picture with the channels.
gam 15
AG
Whoa there skippy
bmks270
AG
I'm halfway through reading "The Black Swan" which adds some comedic value to this thread.
jh0400
AG
quote:
I'm halfway through reading "The Black Swan" which adds some comedic value to this thread.

Taleb just doesn't have the secret sauce.
oldarmy1
AG
OA2 is correct in saying the channel is most obviously broken to the upside. No one can argue with that. All you have UNTIL a top is confirmed (that is what I will post when it occurs for all to see) is technical analysis. We hit exactly on that trend line and hit resistance but there was nothing confirming a top. Therefore its been trade talk while twittling our thumbs waiting.

The fed shifting policy on the interest rates/free corporate $ is the biggest factor. Markets hate the unkown and the largest other one has been who will be President. It's clear the markets think Hillary has it sewn up and, while not the most business friendly option, she is the most known lunatic of the bunch. So the Republicans running around looking like Beevis and Butthead have given this election to Hillary. The markets know it. There remains an enormous economic cycle of pain coming in the form of China unloading inventory at even lower than usual prices which will force China to devalue their currency even further. That will send shockwaves through their banks. It will also result in the U.S. continuing to see lower GDP growth.Not if but when.

But until free money meets its match here we are.
claym711
AG
Haven't read the book, but the idea that unforeseen, or unforseeable, events are reason that no investment method works, is simply stupid.
Ragoo
AG
NFLX down big this AM.
It is stays below $103 I won't be called out on my covered calls friday and can sell more next week.
Southside AG
AG
I moved my 401k allocation to cash when DOW was around 16k, i'm just planning on leaving it there for the time being.
claym711
AG
210 on SPY
First Page Last Page
Page 16 of 6414

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.