Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,008,354 Views | 224169 Replies | Last: 5 hrs ago by Brian Earl Spilner
AggiePeeps06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
So if I'm reading that right. DIS should go up to 119.70?
McInnis 03
AG
AggiePeeps06 said:

So if I'm reading that right. DIS should go up to 119.70?
No, what I was trying to illustrate was that when the news broke, DIS spiked to 119.7 from 117.1

Within no time it was back to 118.21 which is right at the 50% retrace of the move. Disney then decided to get back to the high, but the retrace to 50% is what is referred here to as the "model T".
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
Boat Shoes
AG
Final half hour of trading. Which way we going?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
McInnis 03
AG
Boat Shoes said:

Final half hour of trading. Which way we going?
Sideways.
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
AggiePeeps06
AG
Ah got it. I read the chart wrong. And it moved fast. Already back to the top here
krosch11
AG
CARR has been slowly going on a run this past month. Eyeing this one to keep holding long term.
AggiePeeps06
AG
I'm thinking about just going to cash overnight. Someone talk me out of it
oldarmy1
AG
The stock that shall not be named is having a higher volume day and moved above its 2 day top.
leoj
AG
Fb calls still coming through. I went with 5/29 245s
Boat Shoes
AG
leoj said:

Fb calls still coming through. I went with 5/29 145s

Pricey. I went with the $245s.
leoj
AG
Boat Shoes said:

leoj said:

Fb calls still coming through. I went with 5/29 145s

Pricey. I went with the $245s.
lol, yeah really pivoting to a deep itm strategy moving forward...

No idea why I keep mistyping strike prices.
oldarmy1
AG
LOL this market.....we're going to close right on the firing line. Quick! You have a 50% chance on being right. That's better odds than usual.
leoj
AG
So, does anyone know anything about edge computing? Starting reading up on it, the more I see the more I'm very bullish on MSFT, AMZN, FSLY, NET. Trying to find others that are associated. Will be a wave bigger than cloud imo.
leoj
AG
oldarmy1 said:

LOL this market.....we're going to close right on the firing line. Quick! You have a 50% chance on being right. That's better odds than usual.
200d on spx right at 2999. Soon...
khaos288
AG
leoj said:

So, does anyone know anything about edge computing? Starting reading up on it, the more I see the more I'm very bullish on MSFT, AMZN, FSLY, NET. Trying to find others that are associated. Will be a wave bigger than cloud imo.
MSFT AMZN and GOOGL will be heavily invested. All three are about as sure things as the market makes these days
OverSeas AG
AG
Every knee shall bow and every tongue shall confess
DON'T TREAD ON ME
leoj
AG
khaos288 said:

leoj said:

MSFT AMZN and GOOGL will be heavily invested. All three are about as sure things as the market makes these days
No doubt. Trying to find more pure plays. I have a friend who works for AWS, he showed me some pages going over what it can do, it's going to take business productivity to the moon.

Also, I think I've come to the conclusion that SQ at $33 was the steal of this bear market. It's about to be a triple and the company is still just getting started.
McInnis 03
AG
McInnis 03 said:

AggiePeeps06 said:

Strikes? I'm looking for one for end of day
bought 2990c
sold 2995c
bought 2945p
sold 2940p
XX TOTAL COST

MIND MY SIGNATURE.

EDIT: My cost was actually like $.63
Finished worthless. See ya Friday!

B&I Key:
leoj
AG
OverSeas AG said:

leoj said:

It kind of makes me laugh. It is another iteration of technology where they went from one extreme, LOCAL DATA CENTERS to the other ALL IN THE CLOUD. And have figured out that they need to meet somewhere in the middle. I think it will be a way for all datacenter providers to re-market themselves. We will hear about the dangers of having it all locally, and then the dangers of having of having it all in the cloud. Edge will meet in the middle and all will be happy until we are not.

I think of dummy terminals, to PCs, to virtual machines, etc.

I think you are right to follow it, but I am not sure I think is brand new vs repositioning.
True. Appreciate the perspective.

Here is what he sent me to check out by the way.

https://aws.amazon.com/greengrass/

Also, when this guy says something about tech it is usually a very good idea to listen and take notes.

https://a16z.com/2019/11/15/the-end-of-cloud-computing-2/
oldarmy1
AG
200 contracts bought on the Jun 19th $30 for BJ just now
oldarmy1
AG
400k+ volume on SPY minute charts last 11 minutes. Some heavy bets being laid.
OverSeas AG
AG
Every knee shall bow and every tongue shall confess
DON'T TREAD ON ME
cisgenderedAggie
oldarmy1 said:

200 contracts bought on the Jun 19th $30 for BJ just now

I have 2.

Got after hours set up, going to try this short strategy. Thank you for the explanations!
McInnis 03
AG

B&I Key:
0708aggie
AG
Strategy executed right at the bell. Thanks OA!
AggiePeeps06
AG
Bullish?
gig em 02
Pignorant said:

Anyone follow Splunk? They have been on a tear since hitting the March lows.

Report earnings on Thursday.
How much have you made so far?
IrishTxAggie
AG
khaos288
AG
leoj said:

khaos288 said:

leoj said:

No doubt. Trying to find more pure plays. I have a friend who works for AWS, he showed me some pages going over what it can do, it's going to take business productivity to the moon.

Also, I think I've come to the conclusion that SQ at $33 was the steal of this bear market. It's about to be a triple and the company is still just getting started.
Yeah I remember talking about this in 2009 before cloud had taken off. The potential is insane for industry, and even a bunch of niche markets for consumers.

Long positions are great for those three in general, but they'll be major players in edge for sure.
McInnis 03
AG
The TSLA pop everyone has been talking about this week is starting to feel as mythical as the mythical SDC short squeeze.

B&I Key:
YNWA_AG
AG
oldarmy1 said:

The stock that shall not be named is having a higher volume day and moved above its 2 day top.

CX?
texagbeliever
Zom up 20% after hours...
IrishTxAggie
AG
McInnis 03 said:

The TSLA pop everyone has been talking about this week is starting to feel as mythical as the mythical SDC short squeeze.
There are way too many people in on it. Doesn't help that Scott Redler has been pumping it to his 100K followers
jeromePOWell
AG
TAL 8/21 40 Puts got quite a bit of volume
First Page Last Page
Page 1574 of 6405

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.