Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,086,891 Views | 224470 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by McInnis 03
Aggie_2463
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Well after today's gains (if it holds), my 401K should at least be even, or within 1% of it, YTD.
McInnis 03
AG
AgEng06 said:

gougler08 said:

oldarmy1 said:

RUBI with quick drop. Seen this rodeo before. These are bottom shaking moves prior to a move upward, I'm pretty confident.
People looking to enter can sell the Jun 19 7.50 Put for $2.30 right now...entry at 5.20 or pocket a lot of premium if it builds
Just to be sure I'm following... If I sell the put @ $2.30, I will pocket $230. I get that the assigned price would be the difference between the $7.50 put and the $230 premium I collected, so $520 or $5.20/share.

Then... what happens exactly to assign me the shares?
Sell the $7.5p
Pocket $2.30 today
If stock closes below $7.50 on June 19 your account deducts $750 per contract and you get 100 shares per contract

You choose to do what you want with your shares. Your net cost is indeed $5.20 each; however, you have to be ready to give the $7.50 per share on that day. What you do with the $2.30 ea today is your business. Consider it a cash advance.
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
stxag8
AG
Holding through earnings?
AgEng06
AG
Got it, thank you. That's what I thought, but wanted to be sure before I got crazy.
gougler08
AG
AgEng06 said:

gougler08 said:

oldarmy1 said:

RUBI with quick drop. Seen this rodeo before. These are bottom shaking moves prior to a move upward, I'm pretty confident.
People looking to enter can sell the Jun 19 7.50 Put for $2.30 right now...entry at 5.20 or pocket a lot of premium if it builds
Just to be sure I'm following... If I sell the put @ $2.30, I will pocket $230. I get that the assigned price would be the difference between the $7.50 put and the $230 premium I collected, so $520 or $5.20/share.

Assuming the value of the stock is under 7.50 at the strike date (June 19th in this case), it will be automatically assigned to you and your brokerage will calculate your holding cost at 5.20. If the stock is over the 7.50 at strike date, then the put expires worthless and you just keep the premium that was put in your account at the sell date

You can also get called out earlier than the strike date, but it only seems to happen ~20% of the time to me
gougler08
AG
McInnis 03 said:

AgEng06 said:

gougler08 said:

oldarmy1 said:

Sell the $7.5p
Pocket $2.30 today
If stock closes below $7.50 on June 19 your account deducts $750 per contract and you get 100 shares per contract

You choose to do what you want with your shares. Your net cost is indeed $5.20 each; however, you have to be ready to give the $7.50 per share on that day. What you do with the $2.30 ea today is your business. Consider it a cash advance.
Good point...your brokerage would tie up $750 in cash to cover this, making sure that you have enough to buy the stock at value
cisgenderedAggie
McInnis 03 said:

AgEng06 said:

gougler08 said:

oldarmy1 said:

Sell the $7.5p
Pocket $2.30 today

So why not buy the $2.50 call instead of the shares?
Mr President Elect
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Need to see above $297.50 on SPY. Get a breakout going above that and set your remaining TWTR $30 May 29 calls at $2.75.
playing out so far
oldarmy1
AG
TecRecAg said:

I did.
Set a sell at $1.60 and hopefully get your account to $1700 from $1600 today. Set a stop at $0.50 so a $10 risk for $100 reward.
BrokeAssAggie
Held on to NNDM too long
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
aggiedaniel06 said:

Are you holding SPX puts or are you short ES?

SPX
TecRecAg
AG
Done and done. Thank you!
OverSeas AG
AG
Every knee shall bow and every tongue shall confess
TecRecAg
AG
Well now that I've been thrusted in to options, something I know little about..

TWTR 529 30C seems like a no brainer, right? Stock currently at $31+
PPAag06
AG
Closing this down for the week. Headed to the beach this weekend and am down to VTSAX, ZEST, RUBI and a dead put hedge for Friday. Feels nice to walk away for a few days.
Aggie_2463
AG
RUBI is making me nervous. Big green day at it's basically flat
McInnis 03
AG

***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
OverSeas AG
AG
IrishTxAggie
AG
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
I grabbed a 6/19 35c for 40c they've been stalled in the 28-29 range for a while since their last run. I think they're gonna skyrocket tomorrow
Andy07
AG
Any thoughts on CHWY? All of my friends with pets seem to use it on a subscription basis for their pet supplies, and I think they probably picked up a lot of new customers through this.

I read through their FY19 earnings and seems like they are continuing to increase sales for growth.
Andy07
AG
Andy07
AG
Guessing that's why MOMO is in the ****ter today....
McInnis 03
AG
All the china stocks are dumping a bit except LK (because we already knew they might get delisted)

B&I Key:
gougler08
AG
Aggie_2463 said:

RUBI is making me nervous. Big green day at it's basically flat
It's an accumulation play right now...doubt it will be a short term winner (at least in the next couple of weeks)
McInnis 03
AG
cisgenderedAggie said:

McInnis 03 said:

AgEng06 said:

gougler08 said:

oldarmy1 said:

Sell the $7.5p
Pocket $2.30 today

On RUBI it's probably 6 in one half-dozen in the other. But as the writer of the contract I get money now instead of paying money, and I can roll the contract as the time approaches if I need to to manipulate my position and collect more premium to do it.

B&I Key:
KT 90
AG
McInnis 03 said:

So is this a indicator to sell and cash in today's gains? That is where I am probably headed.

OverSeas AG
AG
IrishTxAggie
AG
AgEng06
AG
gougler08 said:

McInnis 03 said:

AgEng06 said:

gougler08 said:

oldarmy1 said:

Sell the $7.5p
Pocket $2.30 today

Good point...your brokerage would tie up $750 in cash to cover this, making sure that you have enough to buy the stock at value
Just to fully understand... If I did this and then decided I didn't like it, what are the options for getting out? Buy to close? What are the implications of that?
McInnis 03
AG

B&I Key:
cisgenderedAggie
McInnis 03 said:

cisgenderedAggie said:

McInnis 03 said:

AgEng06 said:

gougler08 said:

oldarmy1 said:

Sell the $7.5p
Pocket $2.30 today

On RUBI it's probably 6 in one half-dozen in the other. But as the writer of the contract I get money now instead of paying money, and I can roll the contract as the time approaches if I need to to manipulate my position and collect more premium to do it.

I should have clarified better. Why not buy the $2.5c to offset the $7.5p, instead of the shares?
McInnis 03
AG
AgEng06 said:

gougler08 said:

McInnis 03 said:

AgEng06 said:

gougler08 said:

oldarmy1 said:

Sell the $7.5p
Pocket $2.30 today

Just to fully understand... If I did this and then decided I didn't like it, what are the options for getting out? Buy to close? What are the implications of that?
Yes, buy to close. If the trade goes in your direction but you decide you don't want to get put, you could buy to close (ie: trading at 7.25, you could buy back hte contract for .40 or something like that.). Same in the other direction but then you lose money on the transaction most likely.

B&I Key:
cisgenderedAggie
Double post
GreasenUSA
AG
OverSeas AG said:

https://thestonkmarket.com/florida-man-goes-bankrupt-shorting-tesla-fills-car-with-human-poop-and-throws-feces-at-pedestrians/

No idea if true or not, but found it at a couple of sites.
ABOUT US

The Stonk Market is a satire site focused on the dull finance and investing industry
First Page Last Page
Page 1570 of 6414

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.