Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,106,164 Views | 224613 Replies | Last: 30 min ago by Heineken-Ashi
Maximus_Meridius
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
OverSeas AG said:

SpeedyAg90 said:

Any ideas on what we are looking for on TWTR 30C exit.
yesterday OA1 more or less said you need to exit by Wednesday (tomorrow) at the latest. It is slowly coming up today, so if I can go green, I will probably hop out. TWTR is really struggling at this 29 number. So I am going to watch it today and see what happens towards the end of the day.
Looks like if (big if) we can break 30, it has room to run to 30.25 based on pivot points, but we've gotta have some volume to get there.
Proposition Joe
Senators just trying to get soundbites now.
Fightin2010
AG
"Is that fair?"... what a dumbass question.
AgsnFly
AG
Pattern Day Trader flag goes into effect on your account if you execute four or more day trades (b/s or s/b in same stock in same day) in a rolling five day window; in a margin brokerage account. With the flag, you must keep $25k cash in the account. Don't day trade more than 3 times in five trading days if you want to avoid flag.
Proposition Joe
Yeah I'm done with this guy. He might have points, but this is not the place to try and be making them.
Aggie1391
**** this senator
Proposition Joe
"How many workers should give our lives to improve our GDP?"

Can we just cut this guy off?
Proposition Joe
"I'm not gonna let you make a political speech" -- as he goes on a political rant.
SpeedyAg90
AG
What everyone's feelings on BJ earnings, thinking about rolling some dice on getting calls to hold through earnings.
HoustonAg2014
AG
Proposition Joe said:

"I'm not gonna let you make a political speech" -- as he goes on a political rant.
Yeah wtf... He goes on a political rant then says "I'm not going to let you make a political speech" when it wasn't at all political...
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
OverSeas AG said:

IVR was the one that couldn't meet margin calls correct? that is why they dropped like a rock. Have they cleaned that up?
you know more than me at this point...didn't know anything about that
HoustonAg2014
AG
If It was me I would probably just say "next question" or have some technical difficulties.

Don't ask me a damn question and then refuse to let me answer the question. It's bull crap. I don't care what side of the isle you are on, if you want to ask me a question let me freaking answer. If you disagree then fine, but don't talk over me.
gougler08
AG
You can get $0.20 for CVET covered calls at 17.5 strike Jun 19 for those of us that have been bag holding for a while, would be a decent profit for me if they get called out
KT 90
AG
AgsnFly said:

Pattern Day Trader flag goes into effect on your account if you execute four or more day trades (b/s or s/b in same stock in same day) in a rolling five day window; in a margin brokerage account. With the flag, you must keep $25k cash in the account. Don't day trade more than 3 times in five trading days if you want to avoid flag.

this is for margin accounts only?
Exsurge Domine
Bought puts the 5/22 12p for NOV at 12.32, I think it's going to fill that massive gap down to 11.65. Currently working its way down
jbeck3487
AG
Yes, cash accounts are good
AgsnFly
AG
KT 90 said:

AgsnFly said:

this is for margin accounts only?

I believe so. My Retirement accounts have never been flagged and I trade in both. I think the goal is to prevent day trading on margin.
jtmoney03
AG
Correct. And with cash accounts, you don't need $25K, in case you want to play a small account to learn options or something like that.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
I don't think you can do a cash account with RH though, can you?
OverSeas AG
AG
Every knee shall bow and every tongue shall confess
cisgenderedAggie
I didnt know about the margin calls either. Just thought it might be a cheap play to start out with some covered calls, with hope that I might accidentally net some dividend return too. I've been selling calls cat $3 or $4, fully hoping to get called for a gain as I'm not very sold on real estate or mortgages right now for the long term.

Thanks for the heads up though.
KT 90
AG
jtmoney03 said:

Correct. And with cash accounts, you don't need $25K, in case you want to play a small account to learn options or something like that.

thanks, this is me. Smaller account, using self-directed 401k money to learn the ropes, I don't have many same day buy and sells, but I wasn't keeping track of them either. Good to know I don't have to.

cisgenderedAggie
jtmoney03 said:

Does it still apply if you have a margin account but don't actually buy on margin? I set up margin because I wanted to run some spreads, but I've yet to overextend beyond the cash value.
SoTXAg09
AG
There is more to the story. I had to login to TDA because TOS mobile didn't have the order history. Turns out it was DIS109C, and it must've just hit ITM at closing. But if I'm cash, shouldn't TDA just give the premium and not exercise if there isn't sufficient funds?
Dale Earnhardts Stache
AG
gougler08 said:

PoopyPullup said:

ttoo goalposts 4/16 and today (I mean, guess goalposts don't matter if it's already on our radar, but...)? sold all mine at .89 this morning but looks like it's gonna keep running
*****..sold a day early but I'll still take a 40% profit anyways
Same here brother. Be interesting to see what happens.
FriskyGardenGnome
AG
Nothing unusual then, options execute on expiration if ITM.

You agreed to a contract to purchase the shares at the strike, and it's not up to the brokerage to make sure you aren't overdrawn as a result of your investments. Do this often and you may end up restricted to trading with settled funds only.

OverSeas AG
AG
Every knee shall bow and every tongue shall confess
FriskyGardenGnome
AG
cisgenderedAggie said:

jtmoney03 said:

Does it still apply if you have a margin account but don't actually buy on margin? I set up margin because I wanted to run some spreads, but I've yet to overextend beyond the cash value.
Yes, it does.
leoj
AG
PoopyPullup said:

Correct. You will always be flagged on rh.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
leoj said:

PoopyPullup said:

Correct. You will always be flagged on rh.
It's like you know me!
jtmoney03
AG
Yes, I believe it still applies. Simply having a margin account gives the ability to use it and that would be protection to the brokerage, even if you are trading it like a cash account.
gougler08
AG
I'm out on ERI with a double up
texagbeliever
ERI is a train that wont stop. I almost expect $40 in June.
tramaro1
AG
Come on TWTR go!!!!
gougler08
AG
texagbeliever said:

ERI is a train that wont stop. I almost expect $40 in June.
Will be interesting once it closes the 31.80 gap to see if it keeps going or settles for a bit
First Page Last Page
Page 1558 of 6418

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.