Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,006,497 Views | 224169 Replies | Last: 4 hrs ago by Brian Earl Spilner
McInnis 03
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Don't worry. 2% overnight gap on tap.
Aggies1322
AG
$30,000 Millionaire said:

I'm guessing you've lost some money trying to bet against this market?
McInnis 03
AG
Aggies1322 said:

Who hasn't
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
leoj
AG
McInnis 03 said:

leoj said:

Ok, so nothing but a wall of BA call sweeps today for 135 and 145 strikes. The 135s doubled since this morning but were still being bought in the afternoon.

I had this pulled up on the daily before seeing that, but it looks like it closed at the top of the downtrend and above the 21d ema, coming up on the 50d sma.

Saw the action rolling on it and couldn't convince myself that was a play of value. It's so frustrating to me that what I see still isn't what others are seeing or executing, and likely means I'm seeing it wrong. I see a chart with lower highs and lower lows trading in a downward channel and while I see today closed just outside of that channel top, I guess I need more confirmation before making a play to the upside still. Maybe that's where I'm making the mistake? (I guess it's not a mistake until it plays out)
Hey, so HP actually had the downtrend starting the day before the one I had drawn above, which means it closed above it today. Keep an eye on 140 resistance, which is where the 50d ema is right now. I plan on using that as a trigger and maybe keep an eye for any further option flow the rest of the week.
Aggies1322
AG
McInnis 03 said:

Aggies1322 said:

Who hasn't

I've lost quite a bit. Trying to work my way back.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Futures green.
OverSeas AG
AG
Every knee shall bow and every tongue shall confess
McInnis 03
AG

B&I Key:
tam2002
AG
This sounds exactly how I think we're about to go. Think we have a pretty positive/green summer with the opening up. In the fall I expect a pretty decent crash with positive cases going up and the election. I plan to go cash slowly in the summer and pretty close to full by the end of August
tam2002
AG
If I'm wrong so be it
gougler08
AG
tam2002 said:

This sounds exactly how I think we're about to go. Think we have a pretty positive/green summer with the opening up. In the fall I expect a pretty decent crash with positive cases going up and the election. I plan to go cash slowly in the summer and pretty close to full by the end of August

I had always planned to go pretty heavy cash prior to the election so I'm with you there
tam2002
AG
I'm almost 30% cash now waiting for a fall but I'm not thinking it happens now
oldarmy1
AG
McInnis 03 said:

This guy - doesn't get it.
oldarmy1
AG
BJ making its move premarket to new highs on 3 day chart.
IrishTxAggie
AG
WMT gonna run today
gougler08
AG
SPY seems to have bounced off the top of the Darvis Box this morning...hopefully setting new support
gougler08
AG
tam2002 said:

I'm almost 30% cash now waiting for a fall but I'm not thinking it happens now
I was...but I've slowly been reinvesting it over past few weeks and down to 10% cash now
IrishTxAggie
AG
gougler08 said:

SPY seems to have bounced off the top of the Darvis Box this morning...hopefully setting new support

Waiting for Powell and Mnuchin testimonies
Exsurge Domine
IrishTxAggie said:

gougler08 said:

Waiting for Powell and Mnuchin testimonies

[url=https://imgbb.com/][/url]
Carlo4
AG
https://www.marketwatch.com/story/european-stocks-weaken-after-powerful-rally-2020-05-19?mod=home-page

Quote:

Dutch bank ABN Amro used data from Texas to show how the world economy may react to gradual reopenings. They pointed out Google mobility data on May 9 showed a 23% reduction in visits to retail & recreation establishments from normal levels

As both a professional traffic operations engineer and witness to retail shopping this weekend, no way in hell retail traffic is down only 23% when most stores were closed. Only 15 parking spaces in my apartments 4 story garage were empty yesterday at 10 AM. Normally, the reverse would be true.
Maximus_Meridius
AG
Isn't Google mobility data something you can opt out of with your phone? I would think that would skew the sample size such that extrapolation isn't worth much...
Square Pair
AG
Thoughts?: have NVDA 6/19 $300 calls. Currently up 70%. Still 30 days to go. Steve Miller Band it now?
IrishTxAggie
AG
Square Pair said:

Thoughts?: have NVDA 6/19 $300 calls. Currently up 70%. Still 30 days to go. Steve Miller Band it now?
$300s or $400s? The intrinsic value is basically gone in the $300s. You're really not gaining much by holding onto it. If the 300s, I'd sell those and roll some of the profits into a different strike. The $400s could really fly in the next few days due to their ER around the corner, but you could always go net free if you have enough contracts. It's been on one hell of a run.
McInnis 03
AG
oldarmy1 said:

McInnis 03 said:

This guy - doesn't get it.
While his sarcasm at times gets a bit dry I think you might appreciate the amount of data he puts out. It's a boat load.

B&I Key:
McInnis 03
AG

Talk like this should bump us up what, 30-50 points on the SPX?

B&I Key:
stxag8
AG
oldarmy1 said:

BJ making its move premarket to new highs on 3 day chart.
Holding through earnings?
texagbeliever
Wonder which airline it is...

leoj
AG
LK delisted from nasdaq
texagbeliever
Consumer demand is there...

Foot Locker (FL) also had a dozens-deep line of customers on Saturday, Raymond James said
Shopping at the mall might be different nowadays, but that didn't stop consumers from lining up to buy the latest gear at a Nike Inc.(NKE) store in Atlanta, according to Raymond James analysts, who said they spotted dozens of people lined up at a mall waiting over the weekend.
Georgia began reopening businesses, including gyms and tattoo parlors, in late April (http://www.marketwatch.com/ story/these-states-are-loosening-economic-shut-down-orders-texas-expected-to-announce-new-rules-soon-2020-04-23). Raymond James updated its channel checks at the Lenox Plaza mall, one of the largest in the U.S., according to analysts, on the second week of reopening.
"Nike(NKE) had a line of 40 people on both Friday and Saturday," analysts led by Matthew McClintock wrote. "The store was running at capacity (50 people it appeared) and more than 15 people were checking out on both days and at different times (equally registering footwear and apparel)."

-Market watch on fidelity
OverSeas AG
AG
McInnis 03
AG
OverSeas AG said:

leoj said:

LK delisted from nasdaq
Was just coming here to say that. So I wonder what that means.
It means when it starts trading again, selloff. Funds that track nasdaq will be able to unload it etc etc.

B&I Key:
OverSeas AG
AG
thirdcoast
AG
Rumors are GSX is next LK

Bird Poo
AG
OverSeas AG said:

leoj said:

LK delisted from nasdaq
Was just coming here to say that. So I wonder what that means.
First Page Last Page
Page 1556 of 6405

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.