Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,105,817 Views | 224612 Replies | Last: 13 min ago by McInnis 03
leoj
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

Wonder if we're being set up for an epic bull trap
Rice and Fries
willjohnathan said:

There were some reports that a lot of doctors were taking it because it is thought be preventative as well. Also, there have been a few reports that there was a very low infection rate with people with Lupus. Not sure of the accuracay of any of the reports though.
Did not know about it being a preventative. Makes sense now.

I just thought he was taking to help hype it up or something.
Carlo4
AG
Trump's main vaccine guy, who works at MRNA, made $3.4 million in stocks today.

https://www.nydailynews.com/coronavirus/ny-coronavirus-moderna-vaccine-trump-slaoui-moncef-elizabeth-warren-20200518-aua4tkcy4vexlcl4fgppqhyfeu-story.html

txaggie_08
AG
leoj said:

I don't know, but I did take out some profit today and left it in cash to react to a downturn. I'm curious what the Mnuchin/Powell testimony does tomorrow.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I'd like to think so, but I've been wrong for over a month so far. Cause I'm a fool and all. Still think we see sub 2700, maybe even sub 2600 SPX
Carlo4
AG
anyone else seeing double bottom/W pattern on S&P since late April? That would be very bullish even after today.
Aggies1322
AG
Carlo4 said:

anyone else seeing double bottom/W pattern on S&P since late April? That would be very bullish even after today.

Nothing about this market will make me feel bullish. I'm trading what's in front of me, but the fundamentals of this market are disturbing.
cisgenderedAggie
Carlo4 said:

IrishTxAggie said:

Of course!!

So the company is raising more capital OR this allows the executives to dump their shares for record profits after an announcement.

I don't think they have any marketed products. I'm sure there was some profit taking, but smaller biotech is wise to take as much funds out on big news as possible. In all likelihood, their product will flop, or not be as great as it seems early. The big fundraising keeps the lights on later.
Carlo4
AG
Aggies1322 said:

Carlo4 said:

Nothing about this market will make me feel bullish. I'm trading what's in front of me, but the fundamentals of this market are disturbing.
My mind says to get out of the market and wait as this shouldn't happen. The charts told me to go long at 2890 on SPX and enjoy some gains today.

Learning from lessons, I'm just doing what the charts tell me to do. If it gets over 2970, look out for continued bullish behavior.

tk for tu juan
Carlo4 said:

Amazon in talks to buy JC Penney's JCP stock halted

Must be eyeing that HQ property in Plano
Aggies1322
AG
Carlo4 said:

Aggies1322 said:

Carlo4 said:

My mind says to get out of the market and wait as this shouldn't happen. The charts told me to go long at 2890 on SPX and enjoy some gains today.

Learning from lessons, I'm just doing what the charts tell me to do. If it gets over 2970, look out for continued bullish behavior.

I have a number of long positions, no short positions. I'm willing to make money where it allows me to. But my outlook is very, very bearish. Maybe I'm just a pessimist though.
leoj
AG
today was a big L for WORK. Found support at the 21d ema but negated that move above 30
IrishTxAggie
AG
tk for tu juan said:

Carlo4 said:

I'd imagine the distribution centers are prime for Amazon supply chain. They could probably push any inventories in them too
IrishTxAggie
AG
It's on my watchlist. It had a couple interesting calls bought today. Waiting to see the OI in the morning.
thirdcoast
AG
leoj said:

Maybe Powell will continue pumping even when no shutdowns exist, or he has already pumped enough for a new decade long bull market.

We are at war with a hyped up virus. Instead of selling war bonds and more taxes, we are printing money and buying junk bonds, so much more bullish.
Spaceship
AG
tk for tu juan said:

Carlo4 said:

I believe JCP sold that campus to an investor a couple years ago.
AggieKeith15
AG
I have a theory that a lot of this market success is actually being created by the number of bears trying to short the market and because there are so many short positions it's actually creating fear buy offs. However, once the bears run out of money and/or get tired of trying to short then things will go back down. Thats my theory anyways.

How I came up with this? I kept trying to short JPM and LUV until I was blue in the face and kept watching prices spike up as the SPY began to crash only then for it to climb up again (but slower) once the SPY started to trend up again.

We'll see how accurate it is, but if it is then I think many bulls are going to be shocked once there are no more short sellers to give them free money. Still think 250 is guaranteed, but could imagine worse depending on how things play out.
TXAG14
Well just let us know when you run out of money so we know when it's coming.
AggieKeith15
AG
You're all on notice then. Sorry all.
Dddfff
AG
Have we discussed Overstocks unique dividend?
OverSeas AG
AG
Every knee shall bow and every tongue shall confess
claym711
AG
thirdcoast said:

leoj said:

Maybe Powell will continue pumping even when no shutdowns exist, or he has already pumped enough for a new decade long bull market.

We are at war with a hyped up virus. Instead of selling war bonds and more taxes, we are printing money and buying junk bonds, so much more bullish.

While there are big changes coming to the global economy, better get used to the manipulation.

The Fed will buy SPY to support the consumer. Thats a guarantee. The fall-out will be interesting, but the Nikkei might a good approximation as the bear scenario after that starts
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
55 minutes, c'mon man. any particular time slices to watch?
claym711
AG
haha, ya its long. Its all pretty good. If you are familiar with Ziehan for the most part it wont be anything new.
Ranger222
AG
Carlo4 said:

IrishTxAggie said:

Of course!!

So the company is raising more capital OR this allows the executives to dump their shares for record profits after an announcement.

Welcome to the world of biotechs
thirdcoast
AG
Pretty bold predictions on China's imminent collapse in that video at 25 min mark.
Ranger222
AG
Rice and Fries said:

Carlo4 said:

Trump admits to taking hydroxychloroquine for a week and a half because he's heard very good things.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/trump-says-hes-been-taking-hydroxychloroquine-for-a-week-and-a-half-2020-05-18?mod=home-page

I want to buy monthly subscription again just for the crying laughing emoticon.
WTF? The dude hasn't tested positive for the Rona and he's still taking it just "because"?
Better available alternatives including convalescent serum if they really want to protect him.

They could also be just giving him a placebo so he doesn't have to "worry"

12thMan86
AG
thirdcoast said:

Pretty bold predictions on China's imminent collapse in that video at 25 min mark.
108 million on lockdown as of this morning in China
IrishTxAggie
AG
12thMan86 said:

thirdcoast said:

Where are you getting that number from?
Dale Earnhardts Stache
AG
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bloomberg.com/amp/news/articles/2020-05-18/over-100-million-in-china-s-northeast-thrown-back-under-lockdown
jtmoney03
AG
Beat the Hell said:

Have we discussed Overstocks unique dividend?

Easily 600-700 pages ago, when things moved at a slower pace around these parts! I don't remember the discussion much, but you may take a look back around when they announced it. Maybe November last year or so.
12thMan86
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

12thMan86 said:

thirdcoast said:

Where are you getting that number from?
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-05-18/over-100-million-in-china-s-northeast-thrown-back-under-lockdown
IrishTxAggie
AG
Thanks. I knew it had popped back up in Jilin, didn't know they went full Wuhan on it
leoj
AG
I feel like fundamentals are the easy part. They are publicly filed and normally not that hard to grasp the overall picture and critical points if you know some accounting and finance. Market trend and psychological factors are the third leg in addition to technical and fundamental factors that is the real wild card and the hardest part to estimate, imo.

For instance...everyone was so bearish at 2100 that we have had a V recovery that was ironically partially caused by a large number of people, myself included, thinking it was a bear market recovery/trap and waiting for the other shoe to drop. Did not see that coming.

With bears seemingly giving up the fight as we approach 300, we have another interesting potential factor to consider. But then again we've had the chance for significant pullbacks and have got only the 4/1, 5/21, 5/1, and 5/12 down days. 4/1 was when I thought for sure we were about to get whacked again when we had an 87 point gap down and would have started an "h" type sell off. Just up 200 points since instead lol.
Brewmaster
AG
oldarmy1 said:

PN-11 got banned 24 hrs for trashing a butterfly, or something.
First Page Last Page
Page 1555 of 6418

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.