Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,077,359 Views | 224428 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by El_duderino
Maximus_Meridius
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
There was a 1.57 million share buy order on TWTR right at close+1 second. Algos positioning for a run tomorrow?
leoj
AG
jbeck3487 said:

aggiedaniel06 said:

Check out that NVDA daily chart!
Set up a gap fill move potentially.
If it fills the gap before earnings, that would be worth a lotto play. I don't really see it happening.
Mr President Elect
AG
Opened my "play" account right at almost two months ago. It closed at up over 100% for the first time today. Things are starting to get serious!
Rice and Fries
Colt98 said:

third coast is like the guy at the craps table playing the don't pass when the table is hot.
I laughed harder at this comment then I thought I would.

Those guys are the worst! (no offense Thirdcoast)
frankm01
CrazyRichAggie said:

WMT earnings are tomorrow. We think anything about ZEST will be released?

I hope so, but am a little concerned that nothing was mentioned in WMT Annual Report. Other litigation was discussed but not about Ecoark.
Colt98
AG
I enjoy rolling up on a table and playing the don't and watching the folks point and moan about it, but I normally stay away from a hot table.
IrishTxAggie
AG

SDC wants that money!!
aggiedaniel06
AG
There are some way overbought charts around. W was one.
NVDA, JD, PYPL are a few...
tam2002
AG
I'm no where near you guys level and am just learning this and this thread is awesome.

Was able to get out of a bad position today for a little profit actually and sold a little DKNG and ERI for over a 2k profit.

For some reason I've had problems selling but this thread has taught me I need to pay myself some for my wins
leoj
AG
So what did we miss with ACB? a 3 day trading range of a low of $5.30 to a high of $19.68 today? Huge volume Friday and today.
IrishTxAggie
AG
They had a pretty nice sales beat I believe
leoj
AG
aggiedaniel06 said:

There are some way overbought charts around. W was one.
NVDA, JD, PYPL are a few...
definitely, SQ was one as well. Just see it staying overbought into earnings, but could always be wrong. I won't be playing it either way, going to let that shake out first. Really turning into a leader of the tech market though along with MSFT and AAPL.
McInnis 03
AG
leoj said:

So what did we miss with ACB? a 3 day trading range of a low of $5.30 to a high of $19.68 today? Huge volume Friday and today.
Explains the massive amounts of calls I saw rolling in on ACB a week or two ago.
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
IrishTxAggie
AG
Of course!!
12thMan86
AG
Rice and Fries said:

Colt98 said:

third coast is like the guy at the craps table playing the don't pass when the table is hot.
I laughed harder at this comment then I thought I would.

Those guys are the worst! (no offense Thirdcoast)

I typically hate the DONT, but if it's cold, I'll ride that horse till it bucks me off
leoj
AG
Ok, so nothing but a wall of BA call sweeps today for 135 and 145 strikes. The 135s doubled since this morning but were still being bought in the afternoon.

I had this pulled up on the daily before seeing that, but it looks like it closed at the top of the downtrend and above the 21d ema, coming up on the 50d sma.

12thMan86
AG
leoj said:

they had pretty good news concerning earnings and the future. Popped all pot stocks, which I have a few (CGC, CRON, ACB). I had 750 shares of ACB before the 12/1 reverse split
thirdcoast
AG
More like a bonus bet. Either way, it will be interesting to see price action during live testimony tmrw.
McInnis 03
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

Of course!!

***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
leoj
AG
12thMan86 said:

leoj said:

they had pretty good news concerning earnings and the future. Popped all pot stocks, which I have a few (CGC, CRON, ACB). I had 750 shares of ACB before the 12/1 reverse split
Thanks to you and Irish for the quick info. Going to keep an eye on them and see if they consolidate or pull back a bit for a better entry, also look out for option activity moving forward. Legalization would turn these into massive winners.
Maximus_Meridius
AG
Another big buy order at the close for HPQ, I think, but I can't really seem to figure out how much.
McInnis 03
AG
leoj said:

Ok, so nothing but a wall of BA call sweeps today for 135 and 145 strikes. The 135s doubled since this morning but were still being bought in the afternoon.

I had this pulled up on the daily before seeing that, but it looks like it closed at the top of the downtrend and above the 21d ema, coming up on the 50d sma.

Saw the action rolling on it and couldn't convince myself that was a play of value. It's so frustrating to me that what I see still isn't what others are seeing or executing, and likely means I'm seeing it wrong. I see a chart with lower highs and lower lows trading in a downward channel and while I see today closed just outside of that channel top, I guess I need more confirmation before making a play to the upside still. Maybe that's where I'm making the mistake? (I guess it's not a mistake until it plays out)

B&I Key:
Exsurge Domine
Baidu going to rocket even after a massive green day
McInnis 03
AG
Exsurge Domine said:

Baidu going to rocket even after a massive green day
It was alllllllllllll call's today.

B&I Key:
Brewmaster
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

SDC wants that money!!
Love it! suck it cartoon network!
Carlo4
AG
Amazon in talks to buy JC Penney's JCP stock halted
Carlo4
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

Of course!!

So the company is raising more capital OR this allows the executives to dump their shares for record profits after an announcement.
leoj
AG
No, I don't think there is any mistake in waiting and those are just weekly so not positioning for a larger move higher, although some longer dated flow did come through I think.

I am not playing it, just trying to keep working on reading charts and posting on here for feedback and discussion. It could definitely be tough to get over that 50 day, lots of supply up above. You can wait for that to happen then there is potential upside left to capture with less risk. I think they still have problems fundamentally as well since the max is not fixed and airlines are not even flying, much less buying planes.
Carlo4
AG
Trump admits to taking hydroxychloroquine for a week and a half because he's heard very good things.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/trump-says-hes-been-taking-hydroxychloroquine-for-a-week-and-a-half-2020-05-18?mod=home-page

I want to buy monthly subscription again just for the crying laughing emoticon.
Rice and Fries
Carlo4 said:

Trump admits to taking hydroxychloroquine for a week and a half because he's heard very good things.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/trump-says-hes-been-taking-hydroxychloroquine-for-a-week-and-a-half-2020-05-18?mod=home-page

WTF? The dude hasn't tested positive for the Rona and he's still taking it just "because"?
Proposition Joe
Rode BA all the way up, but not sure if I should have dumped at close or held.
oldarmy1
AG
PN-11 got banned 24 hrs for trashing a butterfly, or something.
Exsurge Domine
Rice and Fries said:

Carlo4 said:

WTF? The dude hasn't tested positive for the Rona and he's still taking it just "because"?

Makes sense, it seems to be most efficacious as a prophylactic
Mr President Elect
AG
There were some reports that a lot of doctors were taking it because it is thought be preventative as well. Also, there have been a few reports that there was a very low infection rate with people with Lupus. Not sure of the accuracay of any of the reports though.
McInnis 03
AG
As a prophylactic it's supposed to be the bees knees

B&I Key:
First Page Last Page
Page 1554 of 6413

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.