Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,104,225 Views | 224593 Replies | Last: 3 min ago by EliteZags
cisgenderedAggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Noob question here. I bought 3 6/19 $30 BJs yesterday for $1.20. I have an order to sell 2 at $1.80 to go bet free on the third. Am I missing something in thinking that it would be better to sell 3 6/19 $35 BJs for $0.30? I'm thinking that this would:
- reduce the cost basis by 25%.
- put me at risk of getting called at $35, from which I net $1230 over the $270 cost basis.
- potentially call the $30 without getting called on the $35, at which point I'd probably just try to sell everything to close.

Am I missing a big red flag?
Exsurge Domine
IR in straight plunge mode

No wicks at all, straight solid red body
oldarmy1
AG
So I just bought back SPY against those $283 Puts.
leoj
AG
Prognightmare said:

Aggietaco said:

Has anyone seen anything re $DFS? They are down 22% from a 4/29 recent high and down 12% from 5/8.
The chart on DFS looks bad at the moment. If the market turns lower for a week or so, it looks like $30 can print.

Just imagine what their charge offs are going to be for their credit cards.
Spaceship
AG
TD Ameritrade will not let me buy ZEST either as a market order or as a limit. Any idea why?
tk for tu juan
Didn't think I would get a chance to buy more Ford stock around $4.30 (avg price), but it may be possible this week. Broke thru the $4.80 support with somewhat ease, next support is around $4.30. Now I have to question if I actually want more...
McInnis 03
AG
Prognightmare said:

SIG on my buy list if it prints $7.50
So I jumped in way too early. Anchored VWAP support line I drew shows me around $8.50 is a super important line to watch right now. I have July calls, I shouldn't worry, but I will.
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
McInnis 03
AG

***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
leoj
AG
Cost myself a quick double by getting shaken out on ROKU puts, but played fb and NVDA puts after they stalled.
oldarmy1
AG
overrun on the key 2829. Need a snap back right here or else this becomes a broken trend.
Aggie_2463
AG
RUBI - $5.46

ugh
leoj
AG
Uh, this is getting really interesting
OverSeas AG
AG
Every knee shall bow and every tongue shall confess
DON'T TREAD ON ME
Richierich2323
Spaceship said:

TD Ameritrade will not let me buy ZEST either as a market order or as a limit. Any idea why?
Could it be because it's an OTC? I have to call to buy stock on OTC every few years if I don't use it and had to call the first time to be able to buy them.
ProgN
McInnis 03 said:

Prognightmare said:

SIG on my buy list if it prints $7.50
So I jumped in way too early. Anchored VWAP support line I drew shows me around $8.50 is a super important line to watch right now. I have July calls, I shouldn't worry, but I will.
$8.50 was my original target but if it breaks it could spike way lower if markets turn. I'm buying the stock instead of options though. I've had better luck trading shares than gambling on with options in markets like this.
Maximus_Meridius
AG
If I'm doing this right, I've got a Fib line at 281.77 on the SPY. We just bounced off it...
Exsurge Domine
I'm very cautious on anything right now that isn't a put or a short sell. The market is extremely inflated on funny money, and this might not be the "big one" but it might be. Looking at JPM, Dimon and other execs bought stock at around $87 and I kind of had that pegged as the low, and they're already 3 points underneath that
gig em 02
My hedges are kicking in, time for the fed to stop me from engaging in illegal hedging activities!
frankm01
Call them and see if buying OTC stocks can be turned on. My 401k SMA is with TDA and l cannot have that turned on. I have to use my taxable Fidelity account to buy OTC stocks.
Maximus_Meridius
AG
Looks like we're going to be retesting 280. Hold on to your butts...
Spaceship
AG
Richierich2323 said:

Spaceship said:

Could it be because it's an OTC? I have to call to buy stock on OTC every few years if I don't use it and had to call the first time to be able to buy them.

That's exactly why. I couldn't figure out what that meant or why it was preventing me from doing it as an online transaction. Still not totally clear on why not. Thanks for responding.
Exsurge Domine
Maximus_Meridius said:

If I'm doing this right, I've got a Fib line at 281.77 on the SPY. We just bounced off it...

I'm not showing any support until around 280
oldarmy1
AG
pivot
oldarmy1
AG
Pivot...tradeable
Exsurge Domine
Boeing sitting right on its lower bollinger, no more support after that
Maximus_Meridius
AG
Exsurge Domine said:

Maximus_Meridius said:

Which is why I put the first statement in...I'm trying to figure some of this out. I was basing my levels off the move from 272 (~4/21) to when we peaked out around 296.8.
khaos288
AG
Exsurge Domine said:

Boeing sitting right on its lower bollinger, no more support after that
I just got out of my puts. Made a pretty penny in 12 minutes.
OverSeas AG
AG
Every knee shall bow and every tongue shall confess
DON'T TREAD ON ME
Aggie_2463
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Pivot...tradeable

Bought more Rubi now at 5.39.....
PPAag06
AG
So what is the story on RUBI? Seems to be a popular stock but I never heard the story.
Rice and Fries
Exsurge Domine said:

Maximus_Meridius said:

He's right. Its bouncing at 281.75-281.85
Exsurge Domine
Maximus_Meridius said:

Exsurge Domine said:

Maximus_Meridius said:

Which is why I put the first statement in...I'm trying to figure some of this out. I was basing my levels off the move from 272 (~4/21) to when we peaked out around 296.8.

Excellent, fib lines are good, I'd confirm with some moving averages and volume at price just to see if you can get more of them to line up
BrokeAssAggie
DKNG now falling
Aggie_2463
AG
PPAag06 said:

So what is the story on RUBI? Seems to be a popular stock but I never heard the story.

They bought out TLRA and OA says they should dominate the online advertising space
oldarmy1
AG
This looks like at least a short term bottom being put in. Volume off the hook. It fails then awwwwww
First Page Last Page
Page 1515 of 6417

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.