Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

21,520,083 Views | 223293 Replies | Last: 14 min ago by Red Pear Luke (BCS)
Carlo4
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
jump in the market as Boeing to open back up and parts of new york state. Announced at the exact same time.
TChaney
SpeedyAg90
AG
Appreciate that tip on BJ's got those $30 calls at an average of .04.
oldarmy1
AG
May 15's hitting $.10
topher06
Yeah I sold to go net free here. Maybe a bad decision but at least I don't have to worry now
E
AG
I got out at .10
J_Landes89
AG
$.12 now..

Frikking missed doubling at $.10 by about 2 seconds and a slow thumb
oldarmy1
AG
Swish! Nothing but NET!
deadbq03
AG
topher06 said:

Yeah I sold to go net free here. Maybe a bad decision but at least I don't have to worry now
If you made gains and reached your target and/or get a sell signal, follow your plan, get out, and don't look back. Nothing wrecks a good strategy like FOMO. I speak from lots of experience there.
OverSeas AG
AG
Every knee shall bow and every tongue shall confess
DON'T TREAD ON ME
Bob Knights Paper Hands
Earnings play for today: INN. Correction on the dividend - that was a ps dividend announced last week. Sorry. Still think it's worth taking a look at today. Their guidance and how they handle any questions may make the difference.
Mr President Elect
AG
Those CRM 6/19's from a while back have quitely risen to greatness over the last week!
topher06
Yeah I need to be less greedy probably. Glad I'm met zero and still holding some contracts.
Ranger222
AG
DIS 6/19 115 C getting love

Also lookin at SQ
Touchless
AG
If the NBA ends up announcing they will play the remainder of the season at Disney World Orlando that would allow families of players to also be in the 'semi bubble', how do y'all think that would effect DIS? I'd expect at least a quick spike since they'd be getting some sort of revenue at least out of that park.
oldarmy1
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Sorry - was doing some trades but wanted to further clarify my shorter post on when to exit trades.

The reason I posted a general statement on when to sell is because it depends on a wide variety of factors. What was the target when entered? Where is the resistance for that particular stock or market? Do you see further move above resistance? Tons of factors to consider.

EXAMPLE: One I had posted that had broken out of a Darvis Box (sideways range bound period) just as the market sell off hit is SWKS. I posted entering that on the pull back was a good trade because it likely would resume its breakout. It has. So buying on the pullback between $99 and $101 (as market posts were being made about finding support) was an easy decision.

Stocks/Markets breaking out of a technical Darvis Box tend to run up. So I take a dual strategy approach instead of selling 100% of the shares here at $109+ I sold 5k shares (50% of my holdings) and am selling $110 covered calls at $3 into late March. The straight sale nets me $7.27/share from entry). The covered calls net me $112 per share if the stock moves above that by expiration OR it lowers my holding cost per share by $3 if we go sideways or lower.

As for the chart. See the left arrow signal of the breakout? See that it was racing higher but reversed on the huge selloff in the markets. Then see the arrow on the right side showing disciplined entry based on broader market posts about reversal. And now the obvious recovery and continuation of the breakout has sent it trending well above the initial breakout signal. These are the kind of trades that I target above all others.

Old post showing how a Darvis Box works. Note many times you get a post breakout backfill test but the technical trade has confirmed, to go long, so this is where I load the boat if it comes back within $28.
Touchless
AG
Touchless said:

If the NBA ends up announcing they will play the remainder of the season at Disney World Orlando that would allow families of players to also be in the 'semi bubble', how do y'all think that would effect DIS? I'd expect at least a quick spike since they'd be getting some sort of revenue at least out of that park.
Similar question if the NBA opts for Vegas re WYNN and CZR. Not sure which properties they'd stay at in Vegas.
leoj
AG
ROKU 5/15 $128 call sweeps, $400k total
gougler08
AG
CADE is a great Darvis Box right now
Grown Pear
AG
oldarmy1 said:

oldarmy1 said:

NET new high!
Options hit $2.50...need one more leg upward for $2.80
Looking to exit at $2.80 if still holding?
Touchless
AG
For NET, would that box start around 3/20 until 5/6 when it broke out? Or does it start more around 3/30 where it was more or less flat for all of April?
leoj
AG
another $780k in the BHC Jan 2021 $15 calls. They are not uncertain

edit: updated, missed two other sweeps. wow
Shundere
Got in BJ at .02 and sold at .06, thanks!

Question on that trade. It said they were at .075, but could set that as the limit sell, so I sold market at .06. For options that don't have a ton of volume like that, is that your best bet? Or should I have set limit to .1?
Proposition Joe
Touchless said:

Touchless said:

Similar question if the NBA opts for Vegas re WYNN and CZR. Not sure which properties they'd stay at in Vegas.

As of now, would point towards MGM/Mandalay Bay.
OverSeas AG
AG
Every knee shall bow and every tongue shall confess
DON'T TREAD ON ME
gougler08
AG
Ragoo said:

oldarmy1 said:

Which way she going to break???

i just want ROKU to retest 129. TIA
There you go
Ragoo
AG
Closed out 13 contracts of ROKU 135c

Net free on 5 contracts for the rest of the week
Ragoo
AG
gougler08 said:

Ragoo said:

oldarmy1 said:

Which way she going to break???

i just want ROKU to retest 129. TIA
There you go
/rick flair wooo
Ragoo
AG
leoj said:

ROKU 5/15 $128 call sweeps, $400k total
there has been a lot of volume on the 155. Probably not showing up because the price is pennies.
Ranger222
AG
Going to have a tough decision here on whether or not to take profits on my long dated DDOG calls here before close...only have 1 contract in OCT strikes
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
these orcl calls for fri are really messing with me. every day last week there was big volume on a different OTM strike but most were lower than my 57s (weird ones...54, 55.5, etc). Today there's volume on the 60s. Someone just had a grand they wanted to throw away today?
Bob Knights Paper Hands
I should have milked those SPY calls I bought thos morning a little more. Crazy market these days!
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Ranger222 said:

Going to have a tough decision here on whether or not to take profits on my long dated DDOG calls here before close...only have 1 contract in OCT strikes
you and I are not even in the same ball park as far as experience, etc, but I'd hold. That's a lot of time to play with, and I assume ddog is running on strength not hype. I have september calls for another company that went into the money today and I'm not even thinking about selling for exactly the same reason, it's finally coming into favor and I think it's the start of a good run.
oldarmy1
AG
Grown Pear said:

oldarmy1 said:

oldarmy1 said:

NET new high!
Options hit $2.50...need one more leg upward for $2.80
Looking to exit at $2.80 if still holding?
I got first fills at $2.80 and just slowly selling at ask each move higher. $3.80 is target exit for 50% remaining or all if we get pops that bypass ask targets. If you see a 200 option sell then I'm out.
oldarmy1
AG
FYI..Filled 15 options at $3.10
First Page Last Page
Page 1497 of 6380

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.