Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,090,302 Views | 224479 Replies | Last: 6 hrs ago by sts7049
Mr President Elect
How long do you want to ignore this user?
OverSeas AG
AG
Every knee shall bow and every tongue shall confess
DON'T TREAD ON ME
IrishTxAggie
AG
OverSeas AG said:

If we you have an ITM contract that you want to exercise before the expiration date, do you have to call your broker or can you do it online? I cannot figure out how to do it on Fidelity active trader pro. Thx!
Why are you wanting to exercise it early?
oldarmy1
AG
LOL on May 15 BJ. You guys really looking for that $28.25 launch pad today. I know if I see $28.25 and there's any left I'll buy them.
Ranger222
AG
CHWY July 40C -- close to ITM calls being bought with time, CHWY forming hammer on daily
jbeck3487
AG
gougler08 said:

jbeck3487 said:

PTI with a nice run this morning with higher than average volume

Wouldn't mind it sitting just under $2 to close the week so I can just keep selling covered calls on my shares
Looks like it is going to push to that 4/29 high of 1.90 pretty quick.
reedsterg
AG
Anyone have any thoughts on MARK? On another rocket ship today.
oldarmy1
AG
NET new high!
CheladaAg
AG
I was just eyeing that hammer.
oldarmy1
AG
reedsterg said:

What do they do? Huge volume last 4 days
oldarmy1
AG
oldarmy1 said:

NET new high!
Options hit $2.50...need one more leg upward for $2.80
Exsurge Domine
Nabors just broke through 15.7 resistance
TChaney
oldarmy1
AG
BJ May 15 calls courtesy of TexAgs risk takers\

reedsterg
AG
Thermal cameras similar to FLIR, but MARK seems to be getting a lot more contracts. I own both, but am in at 0.49 on MARK. Not sure how long I should hold onto it.
tlepoC
AG
Before I make yet another mistake on selling covered calls - can we talk strategy in relation to SDC as a learning opp?

Earnings coming up on 5/13. Stock up ~11.5% today. I own shares that are nearly double. Any reason NOT to use the increased IV and earnings mania to sell covered calls at maybe ~$1 out of the money (6/19 $10 is what I am looking at) ?

My hesitation is that I seem to always misinterpret the rapid rise and the stock keeps running well beyond where I would expect it to breath - resulting in missing major upside on the covered call potential and often getting called out. My goal with SDC is to NOT get called out but to pocket as much premium as possible (...obvs)
oldarmy1
AG
BJ $28.26 This could be it
DDSO
AG
New high 28.28
IrishTxAggie
AG
Exsurge Domine said:

Nabors just broke through 15.7 resistance
Bankruptcy is imminent
Spaceship
AG
oldarmy1 said:

reedsterg said:

What do they do? Huge volume last 4 days

Artf Intell. They must have some big new contract or press release coming.
gougler08
AG
SDC magnets to 9
oldarmy1
AG
Aggierific said:

Before I make yet another mistake on selling covered calls - can we talk strategy in relation to SDC as a learning opp?

Earnings coming up on 5/13. Stock up ~11.5% today. I own shares that are nearly double. Any reason NOT to use the increased IV and earnings mania to sell covered calls at maybe ~$1 out of the money (6/19 $10 is what I am looking at) ?

My hesitation is that I seem to always misinterpret the rapid rise and the stock keeps running well beyond where I would expect it to breath - resulting in missing major upside on the covered call potential and often getting called out. My goal with SDC is to NOT get called out but to pocket as much premium as possible (...obvs)
On a running stock into earnings you either take the closest cheaper expiration Put or sell some shares. Covered calls is generally used when you have resistance spotted (breather already actuated).
topher06
oldarmy1 said:

LOL on May 15 BJ. You guys really looking for that $28.25 launch pad today. I know if I see $28.25 and there's any left I'll buy them.
Well here we go I guess.
Ragoo
AG
Aggierific said:

how many shares do you own?
What would you do with the cash generated?
OverSeas AG
AG
DON'T TREAD ON ME
oldarmy1
AG
There are 400 contracts bid at $2.60 on NET.

Now 38 at $2.65

$2.75 ask...just another little move
tlepoC
AG
2k shares. Part of cash generated purchases a Wahoo Kickr bike as a much needed splurge and the rest goes into next play. Likely sitting out for the rest of the week.
TChaney
OverSeas AG
AG
DON'T TREAD ON ME
texagbeliever
So I invested in NINE because that was my favorite number. So naturally it is my first stock to double in value since I bought it. Too bad it was only $300.
McInnis 03
AG
texagbeliever said:

So I invested in NINE because that was my favorite number. So naturally it is my first stock to double in value since I bought it. Too bad it was only $300.
I love this logic.
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
topher06
Now $28.43
Mr President Elect
AG
topher06 said:

Now $28.43
Yep... and now the 5/15 went up and only partially filled my last add-on.
oldarmy1
AG
BJ should move to retest $31 area. How fast will determine your upside on any May 15's you might have entered but the June 19 will be golden.
texagbeliever
It is trading at a post covid high and has a gap up to 2.50 before it hits the last sell
First Page Last Page
Page 1496 of 6414

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.