Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,101,510 Views | 224565 Replies | Last: 1 min ago by flashplayer
leoj
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
leoj
AG
Also here is another great follow. Keeps it simple, 8/21/50/200 day moving averages, gaps and support/resistance plus some mentions of option flow.

AGSmith
AG
SDC has been a heavily discussed stock here recently. What is the general consensus on SDC ahead of its May 13 earnings call? I was assigned out of PTON on Friday, so I have some cash to play with. I'm looking at SDC and DAL as two options for buy-writes beginning tomorrow.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
leoj said:

I have some ROKU, but I do have some concerns for longterm. Their operating costs continue increasing as their revenue increases, even costs not necessarily typically expected to be variable. That's what has kept them from generating good positive earnings even as revenues increase. It's likely related to continuing to invest in growth, but at some point they will have to change the business model to begin increasing positive earnings. Some companies have difficulties transitioning to that. Not that it's a bad investment, just pointing out the warts I see.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
AGSmith said:

SDC has been a heavily discussed stock here recently. What is the general consensus on SDC ahead of its May 13 earnings call? I was assigned out of PTON on Friday, so I have some cash to play with. I'm looking at SDC and DAL as two options for buy-writes beginning tomorrow.

I've been on this one. I plan/hope to take profits on my calls tomorrow or Tuesday. I don't feel too comfortable holding too many of these into the earnings release, but I hope to have some net free to see if they run. I'm more experienced in reviewing financials to guide my investing than using technical indicators, but in this environment I have very little confidence in that type of analysis from me translating into short or medium term stock prices.
leoj
AG
Another person I follow and would recommend.

HoustonAg2014
AG
Bob Knights Liver said:

leoj said:

I have some ROKU, but I do have some concerns for longterm. Their operating costs continue increasing as their revenue increases, even costs not necessarily typically expected to be variable. That's what has kept them from generating good positive earnings even as revenues increase. It's likely related to continuing to invest in growth, but at some point they will have to change the business model to begin increasing positive earnings. Some companies have difficulties transitioning to that. Not that it's a bad investment, just pointing out the warts I see.

Keep feeding me more positive vibes on Roku! Please!
texagbeliever
Bears: maybe next week will be your week. Unlikely to be this one. Brrrrrrr

AGSmith
AG
I may hold out on the SDC and DAL play for now. I'm looking at a TWTR buy-write for tomorrow morning, going with a 5/22 30.5 call. Thoughts on the TWTR play?
AGSmith
AG
Apparently money does grow on trees in DC
oldarmy1
AG
AGSmith said:

I may hold out on the SDC and DAL play for now. I'm looking at a TWTR buy-write for tomorrow morning, going with a 5/22 30.5 call. Thoughts on the TWTR play?

Posted a $30 May 29 TWTR trade Friday.
AGSmith
AG
oldarmy1 said:

AGSmith said:

Posted a $30 May 29 TWTR trade Friday.
I'm glad we're on the same page, would you suggest me doing the 5/22 30c to bring in more premium? I wish I could do pure option plays, but my level 2 request was declined, so I'm stuck doing covered calls for the time being.
Grown Pear
AG
There was a lot of action on the $35 May 29 that I followed.
ProgN
IrishTxAggie
AG
If more WH staff start popping up positive, I'd expect the market to react IMO. Plan accordingly.
BrokeAssAggie
If an aid has the COVID then we know it will spread like wild fire
khaos288
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

If more WH staff start popping up positive, I'd expect the market to react IMO. Plan accordingly.

I'm glad this news come now instead of a month ago. With the reopening its basically planning for most people to get it and roll with herd immunity. Might cause a little blip, but won't be too bad, I think.
texagbeliever
IrishTxAggie said:

A chance to buy on a dip perhaps. Boris recovery will probably lessen the impact.
IrishTxAggie
AG
My concern for market reaction is that Trump and Pence have attended several events over the weeks together and if Pence pops positive, assumptions will be made about a Trump possibly being positive too
Bob Knights Paper Hands
Yes if these create even a short term selloff it could screw anyone with weeklies or earnings plays. Might he something to think about before getting in on any for later this week or next week.
AggieKeith15
AG
People will be talking about scenarios where both Trump and Pence don't make it. That should be some fun media spin hitting the market. Lol

ETA, there would be a lot of disappointed sky screamers after they recovered, but just imagine the headlines:

"Biden Soon to be De Facto President, Michele VP?"

"Can Fauci be Named Next President, Birx VP?"

"How the House Will Decide the Next President if Trump, Pence Fall Victim to Covid"

"Clinton, the President We Need During a Pandemic"

Hilarious how predictable it is. Lol

texagbeliever
I'd imagine if covid was a danger for Trump he would be tested everyday. Also can you imagine if either he or Pence get and are treated with HCQ and zinc and make a fast recovery.

But could cause a bad dip.
ProgN
texagbeliever said:

I'd imagine if covid was a danger for Trump he would be tested everyday. Also can you imagine if either he or Pence get and are treated with HCQ and zinc and make a fast recovery.

But could cause a bad dip.
They are tested daily and I'd bet real money they are already on HCQ & Zinc as a precaution. This will be a non-event imo.
texagbeliever
It could trigger the algos though...
ProgN
texagbeliever said:

It could trigger the algos though...
Possibly, but this is a traders market now. Work it and it can really benefit you.
leoj
AG
So breakout watch this week for me

AMD
NVDA
WORK
MDB
MRVL
NFLX
Spaceship
AG
Anyone know if airline traffic is picking up now? I live in the north flight path of DFW Airport and I swear I've seen more airplanes this weekend than I have in several weeks. Maybe it's just my imagination though.
Monywolf
Spaceship said:

Anyone know if airline traffic is picking up now? I live in the north flight path of DFW Airport and I swear I've seen more airplanes this weekend than I have in several weeks. Maybe it's just my imagination though.
https://www.tsa.gov/coronavirus/passenger-throughput

Ragoo
AG
Spaceship said:

ive seen more in Nw Houston too
OverSeas AG
AG
Every knee shall bow and every tongue shall confess
DON'T TREAD ON ME
Carlo4
AG
Monywolf said:

Spaceship said:

https://www.tsa.gov/coronavirus/passenger-throughput

We are at 8% of what we were this time last year
Fredd
AG
Spaceship said:

My neighbor is the operations director at the Tulsa Airport. He said there are 80 American Airlines planes parked. Including like 15 777's

Tulsa is a repair facility for AA
AgCPA95
AG
Fredd said:

Spaceship said:

My neighbor is the operations director at the Tulsa Airport. He said there are 80 American Airlines planes parked. Including like 15 777's

Tulsa is a repair facility for AA
Check out this tread on Travel board from an Aggie blogger on this topic. Incredible photos.

Parked aircraft around the US
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Well, futures market is ignoring Fauci and Pence self isolating. Overnight gap lemmings are at it again.
thirdcoast
AG
$30,000 Millionaire said:

Well, futures market is ignoring Fauci and Pence self isolating. Overnight gap lemmings are at it again.

Bad virus news means Fed pumping isn't ending soon. Good virus news means Fed pumping is ending soon.
First Page Last Page
Page 1492 of 6417

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.