Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

21,983,461 Views | 224096 Replies | Last: 45 min ago by nortex97
texagbeliever
How long do you want to ignore this user?
jeromePOWell said:

Lol I had a nice chart with my volume spikes highlighted etc... couldn't figure out pictures, maybe this thread is the thing that finally makes me learn how to post a pic on Texags.

But ya taking a look at their fundamentals this has trade potential but also I wouldn't mind holding the investment on a longer term. Also it's a good diversification away from O&G - I've heard a lot of boring/predictable pitches for XOM/RDS/CVX recently, while I don't think those are that risky I just think "born in Texas huh?" whenever I hear that pitch.
I think they are a strong long term safe hold.

Risks to keep in mind: Mountain Valley Pipeline, Solar Tax credits, Wind tax credits, and Florida's economy (impacting regulated utility FPL).
McInnis 03
AG

THIS is the analysis I'm here for
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
Exsurge Domine
McInnis 03 said:

Are you using trendspider too?
McInnis 03
AG
Not yet
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
gougler08
AG
McInnis 03 said:

I like that chart
Ragoo
AG
Yep, added to watchlist
Exsurge Domine
McInnis 03 said:

Not yet

It's awesome. I recommend it big time. That's what software he was using in the vid
leoj
AG
Saw those sweeps as well. There was another jewelry name that had some calls too I think
leoj
AG
Another one to keep an eye on.

AgShaun00
AG
leoj said:

LAnother one to keep an eye on.

Our company uses it and we will be moving away with all the new products msft is coming out with. I can seem a bunch of software struggle and msft rolls this kind of stuff into their platform
leoj
AG
So you're moving from smart sheet to Microsoft? Is it because of the ease of office integration?
Exsurge Domine
leoj said:

Saw those sweeps as well. There was another jewelry name that had some calls too I think

Signet, all over it
OasisMan
AG
gougler08 said:

And also, I grabbed some DAL down here around $22...will hold long and sell covered calls on rips until I'm called out
newer to options, can you explain this logic to me please

looks like DAL was hanging at 50-60 before 'Rona --> goal of holding long

so you would buy DAL at 22 in multiples of 100 --> covering

example would be sell the covered call w/ expiration of 5/15 at $24; strike price of 0.45

so if it expires you collect the premium and then repeat next week,
but if it is exercised at 24, you would get the premium + the (shares x $difference) -- then maybe buy DAL if it dips again

???
Ragoo
AG
I personally would be selling calls further out. I want to be selling time.

But he is also waiting until the next move up.

So buy here if the stock move up to $26 or better again like it did recently sell ATM call out 30 days on that rip.

If the stock pulls back the call will decay quickly.

You still want to be selling call at points of resistance. Preferably when the stock price is at or near there too.
AgShaun00
AG
leoj said:

So you're moving from smart sheet to Microsoft? Is it because of the ease of office integration?
one platform for us. so many bolt ons.
leoj
AG
Not sure if this one has been mentioned. I saw it and didn't know the potential catalyst, which this tweet explains.

FattyDelights
Selling calls.

Anybody here do deep ITM calls for conservative cash flow that blows away savings, cds, etc interest rates? Spread out across different verticals and stocks to help minimize risk that is already built in?
canagian
AG
leoj said:

Not sure if this one has been mentioned. I saw it and didn't know the potential catalyst, which this tweet explains.

Saw an article from early Feb that said a decision was "imminent", expected before the end of Feb. Guess it's slipped.

I've got a couple of the $290 July contracts, fingers crossed.
OverSeas AG
AG
Every knee shall bow and every tongue shall confess
DON'T TREAD ON ME
AgEng06
AG
Prognightmare said:

AggieKeith15 said:

Much appreciated! I will definitely be taking the things you mentioned into consideration moving forward. Was only trying to joke on my own lack of doing is all. I have a lot of room from improvement apparently! Lol

Thanks again.
No problem, try watching a youtube video, or 2, every night on an aspect of technical analysis. Like VWAP, Stochastic, MACD, divergence, Bollinger bands, etc. there's a plethora of indicators and they all help form the picture. A lot will make more sense and just all click together one day.

Good luck

Can you give a few recs on YouTube channels to watch? There are so many out there and without knowing much already it can be hard to tell what is quality info.
gougler08
AG
Ragoo said:

So buy here if the stock move up to $26 or better again like it did recently sell ATM call out 30 days on that rip.

You still want to be selling call at points of resistance. Preferably when the stock price is at or near there too.

Yep...for instance on DAL I sold calls out a few weeks on the recent run up to $26 or so and now they're worth next to nothing so I can either buy back for pennies or just let then expire

The downside is if it blows through resistance and then you get called out and left a chunk of profit on the table, so you have to be sure you're ok with the exit point
gougler08
AG
OverSeas AG said:

Exsurge Domine said:

McInnis 03 said:

Not yet

It's awesome. I recommend it big time. That's what software he was using in the vid

I just got it this week. Is helping me. I aM scheduled for my 1-on-1 training the 22nd.

What's the cost?
ProgN
AgEng06 said:

Prognightmare said:

AggieKeith15 said:

Much appreciated! I will definitely be taking the things you mentioned into consideration moving forward. Was only trying to joke on my own lack of doing is all. I have a lot of room from improvement apparently! Lol

Thanks again.
No problem, try watching a youtube video, or 2, every night on an aspect of technical analysis. Like VWAP, Stochastic, MACD, divergence, Bollinger bands, etc. there's a plethora of indicators and they all help form the picture. A lot will make more sense and just all click together one day.

Good luck

Can you give a few recs on YouTube channels to watch? There are so many out there and without knowing much already it can be hard to tell what is quality info.

Start with Trendspider

He uploads a lot of his videos and you'll pick up valuable information.
AgEng06
AG
Thanks
Carlo4
AG
This was a chilling read. Bureau of Labor and Statistics said Americans filled out forms incorrectly and true unemployment number should be 5% higher.... so they underreported by millions. All the more reason to open back up.

To be honest, sold my long positions Friday for a nice profit in case Monday was a potential sell off day.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/great-depression-2020-the-unofficial-us-jobless-rate-is-at-least-20or-worse-2020-05-08?mod=home-page
OverSeas AG
AG
Every knee shall bow and every tongue shall confess
DON'T TREAD ON ME
ProgN
Are you on Twitter?
AgEng06
AG
Yes. I'm actually pretty sure I follow you.
ProgN
Ok, cool, just wanted you to follow Trendspider, Dan, Manic, OA, HP, etc. They post things and when you look at the graphs and begin to see what they're seeing a lot becomes more clear.

Apologies about no knowing but I'm probably following you back. My username definitely checks out on Twitter. I use a lot of it for political commentary and fight with progressives quite often.
Exsurge Domine
Does anyone know if there's a way to load scripts on trendspider? That auto pivot with levels and support and resistance lines that was posted earlier is insanely useful, but I don't want to have to flip between ToS and trendspider
BrokeAssAggie
CAH has earnings tomorrow. Anyone else playing?

Maximus_Meridius
AG
OverSeas AG said:

gougler08 said:

OverSeas AG said:

Exsurge Domine said:

McInnis 03 said:

Not yet

I just got it this week. Is helping me. I aM scheduled for my 1-on-1 training the 22nd.

What's the cost?

There are three levels. Level 1 is around $250, level 2 is around $550 and level 3 is $750 to 1000. Can't remember. This is a yearly subscription.

The difference in levels is the number of stocks you can scan for at one time and the number of alerts. I got the $550 level, but I did the 7 day trial, then about half thru they offered me 5% off and a free technical trading book. So it cost me about 520ish. I may be off on costs a little but it is close.

One thing you cannot do is compare two stocks at once. Nor can you chart options I believe. But It seems pretty powerful and I have enjoyed playing with it. I am going through the videos and half a free 1 on 1 session lined up for next week. Also they have been responsive to email questions.

Worth a look imho. I use fidelity active trader pro and it can chart pretty well and do comparisons, but there are some very powerful features TrendSpider can do that I can't get fidelity to do such as multi-time factor analysis.

This allows you to look at say a daily five minute chart and also have a monthly tome period up. Then it will draw fib lines and support and resistance for you and you can see it on your daily chart. One example.

For a noob i like it. I have been trying to replicate the charts he publishes as a way to learn. Also been replicate charts based on the trades I am watching many of you do. Also as a way to learn.

I'll be interested in getting your thoughts as you spend more time with it. It looks like a very capable tool, but I also feel like if you don't already have some solid knowledge you'll be spinning your wheels for a few months just trying to understand what it is telling you.

The YouTube videos look helpful though, so I'm gonna watch those for sure.
AgEng06
AG
Thanks. I follow all of those but Dan and HP... Who are they/what's their handle?
OasisMan
AG
gougler08 said:

Ragoo said:

Yep...for instance on DAL I sold calls out a few weeks on the recent run up to $26 or so and now they're worth next to nothing so I can either buy back for pennies or just let then expire

The downside is if it blows through resistance and then you get called out and left a chunk of profit on the table, so you have to be sure you're ok with the exit point
sounds good
thx
ProgN
AgEng06 said:

Thanks. I follow all of those but Dan and HP... Who are they/what's their handle?
HP

DAN

First Page Last Page
Page 1491 of 6403

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.