Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,055,491 Views | 224337 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by cryption
Ragoo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Thoughts on the 300c spy for Friday?
khaos288
AG
Ragoo said:

I think there will be a TON of resistance.

So buy it I guess
Bob Knights Paper Hands
Will be tough to make any money with large premiums. Calls would have been a good hedge at the start of the month. I'll probably watch premiums on June puts and buy some if they get low enough as a hedge. If the market has a bad day or two you could take a little profit on those, if we have major issues opening back up you could bank.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
thirdcoast said:

$30,000 Millionaire said:

Well, futures market is ignoring Fauci and Pence self isolating. Overnight gap lemmings are at it again.

Bad virus news means Fed pumping isn't ending soon. Good virus news means Fed pumping is ending soon.

You meant to say "isn't ending soon" in both scenarios, right?
TXAG14
Well the retail company my wife works for here in Houston, Stage Stores (SSI), filed for chapter 11 today. It is trading as a penny stock but if they find a buyer I could see it going up a decent amount. That is one big if though.
FrontPorchAg
texagbeliever said:

IrishTxAggie said:

If more WH staff start popping up positive, I'd expect the market to react IMO. Plan accordingly.

A chance to buy on a dip perhaps. Boris recovery will probably lessen the impact.
Fox is saying it's not true.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/pence-spokesperson-denies-vice-president-quarantine-coronavirus-self-isolating-reports
All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others
thirdcoast
AG
Let's tune in to Powell on Wed to see if he is still a no limit soldier. Maybe he mentions our balance sheet, maybe talks about how he doesn't need approval to get more.
McInnis 03
AG
Ragoo said:

Upward we do
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I really want to hear what he says on Wed. This thing is going to turn south soon. How far down, unknown.

Irish is right - it's going to be chaos if Trump or Pence gets it.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
McInnis 03 said:

Ragoo said:

Upward we do

Isn't May OPEX the weakest?
tam2002
AG
Went to bed futures were bright green looks like it's flipping other direction now.

Gonna be a interesting week. Feels like we're gonna get a lot of info this week, good and bad.
McInnis 03
AG
$AMC up big on rumors amzn wants to takeover
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
Carlo4
AG
tam2002 said:

Went to bed futures were bright green looks like it's flipping other direction now.

Gonna be a interesting week. Feels like we're gonna get a lot of info this week, good and bad.

Already retesting 2,892 area (edit). If it stays above and bounces off, bulls still have control.
jj9000
AG

Well, futures market is ignoring Fauci and Pence self isolating. Overnight gap lemmings are at it again.

Not sure I've seen someone pulling for the Market to breakdown more. This isn't criticism, it's just your position, and I respect that.

Here's the deal though. It may not be this week. It may not be this year. But, the rug will get pulled out.
This is a historic bubble. Just be patient. The Fed can't fix the broader problems going on around us.

Let's suppose the Fed injects XX amounts into this thing for perpetuity, coupled with historic unemployment. At some point there will be inflation/deflation, and ultimately market stagnation for a very long time. So, worst case in your position is we go sideways for a decade. I don't think it will happen, but it's possible.

Bottom line of my point is there is money to be made on the upswing, and the downswing, and if you're waiting for the bottom to fall out, just be patient and try not to get frustrated.
oldarmy1
AG
A down Monday followed by 4 days up has happened several times on OPEX week. We have a small gap at $289.56 and a big one at $283.70, so see if we don't bounce from this below $290 premarket action into the open. If not check gaps.
ProgN
Does one win the argument if the rug pull is at S&P 4000 down to 2900? No

Don't fight the Fed and let principles bankrupt you.
BrokeAssAggie
Up over 7% pre market

CrazyRichAggie said:

CAH has earnings tomorrow. Anyone else playing?

jj9000
AG
Prognightmare said:

Does one win the argument if the rug pull is at S&P 4000 down to 2900? No

Don't fight the Fed and let principles bankrupt you.

It depends on your exit point prior to Corona.

If you exited in December 2019, the 4000 to 2900 market is flat relative to where we sit today. But, the probability that that thing hits 4000 prior to a significant pullback is low.
Spaceship
AG
What is "opex week" for us newbies?
oldarmy1
AG
Buying SPY $289.78 and if no bounce early I'll just sell second gap area deeper in the money $283/$284 calls out a week to make $2-3 or end up with entry net price $280 and deal with it then.

Already have the SPY $270 puts so squeezing max risk through June 19.
McInnis 03
AG
Spaceship said:

Options Expiration.

B&I Key:
McInnis 03
AG
jj9000 said:

Not sure I've seen someone pulling for the Market to breakdown more. This isn't criticism, it's just your position, and I respect that.

Here's the deal though. It may not be this week. It may not be this year. But, the rug will get pulled out.
This is a historic bubble. Just be patient. The Fed can't fix the broader problems going on around us.

Let's suppose the Fed injects XX amounts into this thing for perpetuity, coupled with historic unemployment. At some point there will be inflation/deflation, and ultimately market stagnation for a very long time. So, worst case in your position is we go sideways for a decade. I don't think it will happen, but it's possible.

Bottom line of my point is there is money to be made on the upswing, and the downswing, and if you're waiting for the bottom to fall out, just be patient and try not to get frustrated.
Nothing wrong here, but gotta ride the trend until the trend says "GET OFF MY BACK". I've been learning this the hard way but a good amount of study this weekend has opened my eyes to some stuff. Probably elementary stuff for you big time winners but for me, the trial by fire has been hot and it's time for me to put on some damn oven mitts!

B&I Key:
Bob Knights Paper Hands
Bob Knights Liver said:

Will be tough to make any money with large premiums. Calls would have been a good hedge at the start of the month. I'll probably watch premiums on June puts and buy some if they get low enough as a hedge. If the market has a bad day or two you could take a little profit on those, if we have major issues opening back up you could bank.

Now that it looks like we're opening down maybe it's time to watch these 295-300c for late May or even 292-293 calls for today or Wed if you feel like gambling.
jj9000
AG
No doubt, McInnis. That's why I said there's money to be made on the upswing as well as the downswing.
oldarmy1
AG
Spaceship said:

Here's a good article on Options Expiration week. Quadruple Witching is another term to look up.

https://investingwithoptions.com/options-expiration/
IrishTxAggie
AG
PENN and YETI just announced offerings
Bob Knights Paper Hands
oldarmy1 said:

Buying SPY $289.78 and if no bounce early I'll just sell second gap area deeper in the money $283/$284 calls out a week to make $2-3 or end up with entry net price $280 and deal with it then.

Great play.
IrishTxAggie
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

Closed out ALL long calls. i'll take my chances of missing on something and just start from scratch on Monday. Best of luck. I'm done for the day.
One of my smarter moves in awhile...
Spaceship
AG
Thanks!
Rice and Fries
Definitely followed your advice...

I had a few long positions that were up a bit and decided to go ahead and close. Even my WORK 5/22 calls.
oldarmy1
AG
Filled that $289.56 gap and bounced so far.
McInnis 03
AG
289.34 was the v-bottom just before open.

Was that you OA?

B&I Key:
E
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

PENN and YETI just announced offerings
Grreeeeaaaaaattttttttttttt....
ProgN

ERI reports earnings after the close. Anyone willing to dance with it?
oldarmy1
AG
NET and RUBI showing some buying interest ignoring the pullback early.
First Page Last Page
Page 1493 of 6410

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.