Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

21,522,103 Views | 223304 Replies | Last: 4 hrs ago by ProgN
thirdcoast
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
oldarmy1 said:

thirdcoast said:

willjohnathan said:

thirdcoast said:

May 15 INTC $65 calls @ 0.55
Sucker! I got it for more than twice that!

I think OA did too around 1.35, but I'm sure he stopped out around 1.30....unless he is still waiting for $2.60.
I am still in and added.

This one is in lotto territory....anyone still rolling dice with INTC calls?
TXAG14
Scalped some SPY puts for a nice profit.
McInnis 03
AG
OA's NET $25C is taking off right now.
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
oldarmy1
AG
Expiring today $290 Puts under $0.55 would be a hedge against all of your glorious gainers and SPY calls. If you want to grab the $292 calls for potential breakout then you cover both ends for decent chance to wipe other premium loss out and gain.
UpstateAg
AG
I bought AMD 5/15 53C when I saw activity on cheddar flow. Quick 40% for the day. I'm out. Going to go build some stairs and a fence.
oldarmy1
AG
I'd take some NET off the table here
AgShaun00
AG
McInnis 03 said:

how did i miss these? too late?
IrishTxAggie
AG
Closed out ALL long calls. i'll take my chances of missing on something and just start from scratch on Monday. Best of luck. I'm done for the day.
oldarmy1
AG
AgShaun00 said:

McInnis 03 said:

I wouldn't buy them here since I just sold a bunch.
BearkatRunner88
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Expiring today $290 Puts under $0.55 would be a hedge against all of your glorious gainers and SPY calls. If you want to grab the $292 calls for potential breakout then you cover both ends for decent chance to wipe other premium loss out and gain.
When picking up the put and call, what should you look for in terms of the difference between the premium of both? Would you want them to theoretically be the same or slight difference? Just trying to understand the mechanics of this.

TIA
AgShaun00
AG
oldarmy1 said:

AgShaun00 said:

McInnis 03 said:

I wouldn't buy them here since I just sold a bunch.
probably a good call.
AgOutsideAustin
AG
Happy days are here again ...... buy buy buy !!!
BrokeAssAggie
ZEST!!

oldarmy1
AG
BearkatRunner88 said:

oldarmy1 said:

When picking up the put and call, what should you look for in terms of the difference between the premium of both? Would you want them to theoretically be the same or slight difference? Just trying to understand the mechanics of this.

TIA
Too much to give an easy response. Depends on your major positions. I'm call heavy out to the 13th, so for me this is intraday protection of a complete failure sometime today. Not expected but always possible. So I pay a little more to be close to the Put side and then juice it with a cheaper call that serves to negate.
drill4oil78
AG
oldarmy1 said:

True, but we should also say "If you haven't invested in yourself and are being reminded that it's up to you then please don't speak about those who did, and do."

I went without cable, drove a clunker, didn't dine out when money was needed to invest. I don't drink but I challenge anyone this Friday to go to your nearest grocery or convenience store and watch the number of obviously poor people grab cases of beer.

In this country 99.9% of anyone with financial struggles (exempting mentally ill) are self-inflicted or a choice. So choose wisely.
Well said .... Personal responsibility + each person should set financial priorities in your life. Like I tell my kids, it is those little things you buy monthly that add up quickly and are a significant part of your spending that can be eliminated easily. Do you really need to spend $5+ at Starbucks 15-20+ days a month.
oldarmy1
AG
WDC sold 50% of the calls.
leoj
AG
AYX from 104 to 124 in two days. This is a buy on any dip stock imo.
Dale Earnhardts Stache
AG
CrazyRichAggie said:

ZEST!!

What's the plan with this one? You holding over the weekend?
Spaceship
AG
ZEST has been insane
BearkatRunner88
AG
oldarmy1 said:

BearkatRunner88 said:

oldarmy1 said:

TIA
Too much to give an easy response. Depends on your major positions. I'm call heavy out to the 13th, so for me this is intraday protection of a complete failure sometime today. Not expected but always possible. So I pay a little more to be close to the Put side and then juice it with a cheaper call that serves to negate.
Appreciate the explanation. Figured it might not have been as simple as I had asked but this is helpful.
DDSO
AG
oldarmy1 said:

WDC sold 50% of the calls.
I had 5/8, $42 calls bought for .36 and out at 1.60.

What date did you go with?
Ranger222
AG
Damn can not get an entry on DDOG....just keeps going up
GigEmRangers75455
Dale Earnhardts Stache said:

CrazyRichAggie said:

ZEST!!

Hold. This hasn't really moved like this before and I don't think the weekend will change anything. If anything it will increase Monday. I think we touch 1.70 today.
chrisfield
Sponsor
AG
TDAmeritrade won't let me buy zest?
Andy07
AG
Schwab let me buy that POS, in for a really small position
Mr President Elect
AG
Aggies75455 said:

Dale Earnhardts Stache said:

CrazyRichAggie said:

ZEST!!

Hold. This hasn't really moved like this before and I don't think the weekend will change anything. If anything it will increase Monday. I think we touch 1.70 today.
Screw you guys and your OTC stock.... that I can't buy until next week.
Mr President Elect
AG
chrisfield said:

Did you just open the account? It's an OTC stock, if so you can't use your "insta-deposit" credit and have to wait for the funds to clear.
59 South
AG
Can't believe nobody has mentioned the near perfect model T on ROKU. If you entered those 130 calls in the first 15 minutes you should have been unloading them on the flash above 132.
BT1395
AG
Fightin_Aggie said:

Was looking at GLUU today. Earnings tomorrow. Strong balance sheet doing online pay2play games with a Disney game coming out soon.

Hadn't seen it before. Curious if anyone else had any thoughts
Beautiful call - I love this thread!
spud1910
AG
59 South said:

Can't believe nobody has mentioned the near perfect model T on ROKU. If you entered those 130 calls in the first 15 minutes you should have been unloading them on the flash above 132.
Yeah, that worked well today.
claym711
AG
oldarmy1 said:

True, but we should also say "If you haven't invested in yourself and are being reminded that it's up to you then please don't speak about those who did, and do."

I went without cable, drove a clunker, didn't dine out when money was needed to invest. I don't drink but I challenge anyone this Friday to go to your nearest grocery or convenience store and watch the number of obviously poor people grab cases of beer.

In this country 99.9% of anyone with financial struggles (exempting mentally ill) are self-inflicted or a choice. So choose wisely.
Take away those debt riddled poor consumers and youd have to become a bear.
Nagler
AG
willjohnathan said:

chrisfield said:

Did you just open the account? It's an OTC stock, if so you can't use your "insta-deposit" credit and have to wait for the funds to clear.

It won't let me buy it either and I've had an account for 10+ years. I can buy other OTC stocks but not that one. Not sure what's up with it.

I tried to buy it a year or so ago and yesterday again, no dice. Obviously didn't care enough to hunt down the reason behind it.
59 South
AG
spud1910 said:

59 South said:

Yeah, that worked well today.

If you look at the 5 minute chart over the past few days, today's move was textbook.
Touchless
AG
chrisfield said:

Yeah, I can't buy it on TDA either and I've had an account for a while. So you have to just sit there and read about everyone else making a lot of money on it and rubbing it in.
AgShaun00
AG
dropped qucik, might be time to add a few more.
First Page Last Page
Page 1486 of 6381

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.