Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,106,665 Views | 224617 Replies | Last: 3 min ago by bmoochie
Ragoo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Ragoo said:

Aggie09Derek said:

Cowboy Curtis said:

NFLX flirting with $400
And blew right past it.

If only I had held my entire position that I started 6+ years ago.
i had 686 shared at $102. I sold 600 for a 12% gain and have kept the rest.
I love you Ragoo. Does that help? Ouch!
it hurts seeing, but difference has doubled in the same time frame so only hurts like one black eye, not two.
oldarmy1
AG
Guys I am traveling and the chart is incorrect. I can't get a refreshed update that includes today. We are actually on Day 2 of those bottoming of a wave (should the pattern repeat). Would someone mind posting a complete up to date chart?
Bonfire1996
AG
Micron is your next opportunity to Netflix yourself.

Trading at under 5x forward PE......and ......and ....... already announced they will by back 1/6 of the outstanding shares. Good Lord.
Frisco86
AG
Bonfire1996 said:

Trading at under 5x forward PE......and ......and ....... already announced they will by back 1/6 of the outstanding shares. Good Lord.
talked about this awhile back. Is volatile, played with by the big guys. Beat their own revised earnings by .03 today at 3.15. Raised guidance above that for next qtr. Stock at $60. Keep saying this time is different by mgmt, but analyst keep trying to say it is a commodity stock thus the low PE. A few qtrs ago net debt was $8B. Now is cash positive. Starting Q1 2019 (Nov 2018) it begins a $10B buyback. I did get moved out of some of my shares, at a profit, but am back up to 4,000 shares again. The pop was small given the beat (approx .40 over orig analyst estimates before company revised one month prior to issuance). Do your own DD. Have a stomach for moves. Buy the dips. Look at the chart, my god it moves. Traders dream.
oldarmy1
AG
Update chart including range of futures thus far this morning. This is Day 3 of the lower support wave (All previous and current support formations circled in yellow). If it holds then you can anticipate a break higher. However, if this repeating pattern on wave 4 fails then its a wait and see point. As a general rule 4 waves of higher lows and higher highs is quite unusual because the proverbial cat is out of the bag and everyone can easily see what I've circled and shown you.

So what happens when that unusual pattern breaks? We could see a lower high on the next uptrend catching people buying thinking all is clear. We could pause at previous high resistance getting people to sell and then surprise breakout upward further. Or we we could see a breakdown of the pattern challenging new lows. Yeah - in other wordsa 4th wave is not something to be traded with as much confidence as we did the previous 3.

MU rocking after earnings guidance. BOX up premarket and I have a large option position on it.

oldarmy1
AG
OLED was one of my long-term planted stocks. Purchased in the $50's originally and I sold 100% out at $190 when the 2nd peak above $200 failed quickly back signaling exhaustion. You may recall a naked option trade that worked out well. Well now it has completely filled the long term gap up as indicated by the big arrows.

You can see it filled the gap and had a bounce but has now come back down to that previous support level.

This is an excellent inflection point for getting either a multi-option strategy in place (Strangles/Iron Condor) or taking a straight stock buy with either a stop loss or I prefer to buy a Put option $5 below the entry price cheaper (out 2-3 weeks) and use it for any flash down protection while seeing if longterm trend reversal turns back green. On the positive side we have the obvious gap fill support. On the negative side you see the last large volume spike was right near the top of the 1st gap fill bounce. So this is not as clear as I would like but I am entering several strategies including repurchasing shares with Puts.

This 2nd chart shows that current price is more in line with a longer term trend. OLED clearly got way out ahead of itself but is now close to what a normalized trend upward would have placed it.

oldarmy1
AG
Experts at Merril Lynch

Significant event for symbol SWN
From a trader friend who entered all 3 of my OIL posted buys.

Yo RT - I sent my ML Broker a gift card to BedBath&Bynd and told him to sleep on this...

SWN
SOUTHWESTERN ENERGY CO

$3.59
$897500

--
--
Underperform
C-3-9
02/15/2018
Action for symbol SWN

Current Value: $1342500

WestTexAg12
AG
Frisco86 said:

Bonfire1996 said:

talked about this awhile back. Is volatile, played with by the big guys. Beat their own revised earnings by .03 today at 3.15. Raised guidance above that for next qtr. Stock at $60. Keep saying this time is different by mgmt, but analyst keep trying to say it is a commodity stock thus the low PE. A few qtrs ago net debt was $8B. Now is cash positive. Starting Q1 2019 (Nov 2018) it begins a $10B buyback. I did get moved out of some of my shares, at a profit, but am back up to 4,000 shares again. The pop was small given the beat (approx .40 over orig analyst estimates before company revised one month prior to issuance). Do your own DD. Have a stomach for moves. Buy the dips. Look at the chart, my god it moves. Traders dream.

If I was to buy MU today, what is the best route?

set a limit buy at 58.95 (previous close before gap up)? Or something else I'm not looking at
"Give me an army of West Point graduates and I'll win a battle. Give me a handful of Texas Aggies, and I'll win the war.”
- General George S. Patton
oldarmy1
AG
Education opportunity. I posted a trade on PBR that was a technical volume and key support decision. You can easily spot the huge volume coming in as PBR was at its previous support lows last year. Now here's a reminder of how the trickster big money operates. Remember I gave you a key piece of info on what they do just before making a big move? They take the stock BELOW (to a new low) very briefly and then rip it upward. Note the arrow I put was this EXACT practice playing out. PBR dropped to a new low below support and then took off like a bat outta hell upward.

Think about this on the OLED post above.

gougler08
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Experts at Merril Lynch

Yo RT - I sent my ML Broker a gift card to BedBath&Bynd and told him to sleep on this...

SWN
SOUTHWESTERN ENERGY CO

$3.59
$897500

--
--
Underperform
C-3-9
02/15/2018
Action for symbol SWN

Your trades have a couple more 0's after them than mine do
oldarmy1
AG
gougler08 said:

oldarmy1 said:

Experts at Merril Lynch

SWN
SOUTHWESTERN ENERGY CO

$3.59
$897500

--
--
Underperform
C-3-9
02/15/2018
Action for symbol SWN

Your trades have a couple more 0's after them than mine do
This one is a friend of mine who followed me on the trades. I don't post my trade sizes.
oldarmy1
AG
CRON making a decent move.
IrishTxAggie
AG
You don't have to. You post your strategy and then anyone that can read the charts can get a pretty good idea of approximately how many shares you bought.
gougler08
AG
Looks like DJI is testing that lower trend line early this morning...let's see if it bounces or not
oldarmy1
AG
DOW hit new low on this 3rd day of wave consolidation. Volume spike just came in so bulls trying to set bottom. Day traders would be buyers right now. Here's what that looks like on a minute chart. HOWEVER, two big sell spikes larger than this green one just came in which now gives us an excellent confirmation that this is the war zone between bulls/bears.

leoj
AG
KR with a good beat. Picking this and TGT up at the bottom from amazon fears has turned out pretty well for me so far.
oldarmy1
AG
Here is volume spikes which are continuing as I post.

Señor Chang
AG
Bought KR at 23.13.

Are you staying in or looking for a price to exit?
tailgatetimer10
AG
Those huge volume sells flipped my portfolio lol
oldarmy1
AG
PBR also showing why I posted exiting the trade up around $10 as well. Big volume short-lived spike played out.
oldarmy1
AG
FYI... Had purchased OLED Put option at open while stock above $88 and now buying stock against that below $87. That's how I use the macro market to my favor.
oldarmy1
AG
Supreme Court siding with NJ on online sales tax. That is huge. AMZN and online retailers and businesses dropped quickly but found support for now.
tailgatetimer10
AG
Settling right back to that 2750
oldarmy1
AG
Give me a V bottom OLED.
oldarmy1
AG
OLED $88. Man I love it when a strategy comes together!
leoj
AG
I'm in at 22 something. Staying in both since I believe they are executing on their long term growth initiatives and continue to grow earnings and dividends. Probably the only exposure I want or need in retail and I got both at good value.
ryanhnc10
AG
Wow, AVEO tanking HARD. Didn't see that coming today
UpstateAg
AG
Anyone else jumping back on IQ and JD.com?
gougler08
AG
UpstateAg said:

Anyone else jumping back on IQ and JD.com?
I bought JD a few days ago at 41.50 (OA1 was doing the same and I'm learning he's got good advice), seems like this is a market over-reaction to the trade war piece and will come back up at some point
oldarmy1
AG
I like BOX Jul 20 $32 calls at $.55

Target exit price $1.50
Ragoo
AG
I sold JD puts at $40 strike
59 South
AG
UPL and RRTS that I previously posted about with 10%+ moves up the past couple days. Charts are both setting up nicely. I've been cautious and haven't entered either yet.

In hindsight both were clear buys under $2. Oh well, still learning!
BT1395
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Target exit price $1.50
I'm in! Now hold my hand through this....
oldarmy1
AG
ryanhnc10 said:

Wow, AVEO tanking HARD. Didn't see that coming today
engulfing candle.....talk to Ragoo on meaning
oldarmy1
AG
BT1395 said:

oldarmy1 said:

Target exit price $1.50
I'm in! Now hold my hand through this....
First Page Last Page
Page 146 of 6418

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.