Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

21,521,913 Views | 223304 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by ProgN
Ranger222
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
There have been lots of puts recently against SMH. Significant outflows as well. NVDA was weak today while some of the other tech names recovered.
gougler08
AG
oldarmy1 said:

For those in AVEO it is behaving very well technically. A move above $2.45 would continue upward.
Looking like it's close to $2.40 in premarket this morning
59 South
AG
Cautiously optimistic. I think we need to see a close $2.50 or above to confirm a breakout from the falling wedge.

From there I think it will run up above $3 maybe pushing to $3.50-4.00 range until the Phase 3 expected news drops sometime in Q3.
gougler08
AG
59 South said:

Cautiously optimistic. I think we need to see a close $2.50 or above to confirm a breakout from the falling wedge.

From there I think it will run up above $3 maybe pushing to $3.50-4.00 range until the Phase 3 expected news drops sometime in Q3.
Agreed, don't think this is a break out yet
59 South
AG
SWN getting ready for a breakout up to $6? Looking good premarket.

Happy about my $3.98 entry. Thanks again OA1!!!
oldarmy1
AG
All recent trades looking sweet. Those FB July 20th $210 strikes are up 83%. Markets stay positive and absorb early sellers then it will run for a huge gainer. I have a trailing stop 15% away and will sell 50% on the double.

AIG hasn't broken out at resistance but I think it will.
IrishTxAggie
AG
gougler08 said:

59 South said:

Agreed, don't think this is a break out yet
Definitely trying to right now.
oldarmy1
AG
Existing home sales down .4% will challenge markets for next few minutes
oldarmy1
AG
FB sold 50% of July 20th $210 strikes entered at $1.10 on the call yesterday for $2.23. My target is $3 for remaining.

Note: FB is a core net free holding long term and this was simply a trade opportunity on a stock I study and obviously follow closely for trading.
IrishTxAggie
AG
oldarmy1 said:

FB sold 50% of July 20th $210 strikes entered at $1.10 on the call yesterday for $2.23. My target is $3 for remaining.

Note: FB is a core net free holding long term and this was simply a trade opportunity on a stock I study and obviously follow closely for trading.
Non-technical for FB question to you; How do you see them looking as far as leadership in the next two years? I honestly don't see Zuckerberg maintaining his role as CEO. Between the speculation on politics in his future and the philanthropy, I see him stepping aside at least within the next five years.
oldarmy1
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Existing home sales down .4% will challenge markets for next few minutes
This dropped us from +55 to negative. I love these times because we will see how big money is trading the markets right now. Open a minute chart on the markets and you will see that the gap up has now been filled. Naturally we knew that because on a intraday chart the open being higher got filled by going negative. However the principles are the same. A gap fill will bring the next clarifying move.
oldarmy1
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

oldarmy1 said:

Non-technical for FB question to you; How do you see them looking as far as leadership in the next two years? I honestly don't see Zuckerberg maintaining his role as CEO. Between the speculation on politics in his future and the philanthropy, I see him stepping aside at least within the next five years.
Fundamentally it would be a shock to the stock, no doubt.

On a intraday note FB has a head and shoulders pattern forming and day traders will key off how that breaks for theri strategy remainder of the day.
oldarmy1
AG
Headed into meetings. Trailing profits set just in case on all trades positive.
AggiePeeps06
AG
Anyone have thoughts on GE? Currently looks to be testing lows again
IrishTxAggie
AG
AggiePeeps06 said:

Anyone have thoughts on GE? Currently looks to be testing lows again

They need a Berkshire Hathaway infusion. Interesting that Walgreens took their spot on the Index.
BT1395
AG
Random stock that popped up on a valuation and TA screener I have, but does anyone have any thoughts on SBNY? Thinking of stepping into some 9/21 call options deep in the money, but I don't know what the heck I'm doing here!
oldarmy1
AG
Popping in to post I went ahead and closed the remainder of FB July 20 options at $2.63.
oldarmy1
AG
Also popping back in to give an alert I've been waiting for. BOX is breaking out. Good trade to buy/hold and also goo option trade right now.
leoj
AG
Sbux down almost 10%. Seems like an overreaction
oldarmy1
AG
PBR

Trump tariffs didn't kill all technical trades. Volume based technicals still paying off big.
Ranger222
AG
BOX has just seen insane call buying......big bets in Jul 20 33C and August 17 28 C today. This is after September 32 C were bought yesterday. This is a potential buyout candidate. I'm long as well and considering buying more
tramaro1
AG
oldarmy1 said:

PBR

Trump tariffs didn't kill all technical trades. Volume based technicals still paying off big.
is under $10 a good entry point for them? Are you going with options or shares?
AggiePeeps06
AG
What strike and date are you in on AVEO?
cgh1999
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Also popping back in to give an alert I've been waiting for. BOX is breaking out. Good trade to buy/hold and also goo option trade right now.

Long term options were extremely expensive. Went ahead and bought an opening position. I think this stock has some tremendous long term growth and could also be an acquisition target for someone like msft or amzn in the cloud space.
IrishTxAggie
AG
AggiePeeps06 said:

What strike and date are you in on AVEO?

I don't have options on AVEO currently. I own a lot of equity.

If I were to take an unbiased look at my portfolio, I'm probably actually too invested in AVEO currently.
Dobre casy
AG
Intelsat (I) with a sharp move up today, up 24%. Thanks oldarmy for the recommendation!
jtmoney03
AG
Ranger222 said:

BOX has just seen insane call buying......big bets in Jul 20 33C and August 17 28 C today. This is after September 32 C were bought yesterday. This is a potential buyout candidate. I'm long as well and considering buying more

That may have been oldarmy!
oldarmy1
AG
jtmoney03 said:

Ranger222 said:

That may have been oldarmy!
I bought a handfull. Maybe two scoops!
oldarmy1
AG
tramaro1 said:

oldarmy1 said:

PBR

is under $10 a good entry point for them? Are you going with options or shares?
Posted PBR $9.21 when entering. Pop day like this I sell half when I can get that kind of ROI in a single day. If it has some follow through then I'll believe in it longer term - otherwise I'm out.
oldarmy1
AG
Rising wedge on the DOW with higher lows and higher highs on each wave. HOWEVER - I do not like the big volume spike (orange arrow) that sold off from above the mid channel point. That tells us big money is content to remain sideways with most action below the mid-channel. Hopefully that is simply big traders who made solid buys on support dumping out above mid-channel for a nice swing trade gain.

Watch this wedge for a launching pad up to retest highs or a break down killing the technical formation, which would be bearish. Also note that each wave bottom except one goes through 3-5 day up and down volatility driven days before breaking upward. Today would be only Day 1 of that repeating pattern (yellow circled on each previous bottom).

ryanhnc10
AG
I believe AVEO closed slightly above the 50 day moving average. Could serve as a bit of support around 2.36 as it tries to go higher
pfo
AG
CRTO broke out today on heavy volume. It's the cheapest AI stock with a trailing PE of 22 and forward PE of 11.

It's a French company and people don't like that fact. I added more today in the last hour of trading.
Aggie09Derek
AG
Cowboy Curtis said:

NFLX flirting with $400
And blew right past it.

If only I had held my entire position that I started 6+ years ago.
Ragoo
AG
Aggie09Derek said:

Cowboy Curtis said:

NFLX flirting with $400
And blew right past it.

i had 686 shared at $102. I sold 600 for a 12% gain and have kept the rest.
oldarmy1
AG
Ragoo said:

Aggie09Derek said:

Cowboy Curtis said:

NFLX flirting with $400
And blew right past it.

i had 686 shared at $102. I sold 600 for a 12% gain and have kept the rest.
I love you Ragoo. Does that help? Ouch!
First Page Last Page
Page 145 of 6381

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.