Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

21,516,633 Views | 223266 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by Brian Earl Spilner
Exsurge Domine
How long do you want to ignore this user?
oldarmy1 said:

Prognightmare said:

What you do with this kind of info is know that any buys below it will be instantly returned. It's how I played ROKU on its plunge below $92 VWap.

It's funny, I had my most success playing Anchored VWAP and volume at price and then lost my ass following manic trades
ProgN
jws456 said:

I have just been on Robinhood. Got in for the first time when the market bottomed out (hopefully) in March. At your suggestion, I've opened up an account with TDA and am in the process of transferring over funds to there. Interested to begin exploring their literature and resources as I progress in this. Thanks for the help.

I may not have much to offer to this thread, but over the past couple of weeks I've gone through and read the entire thing from beginning. Appears to be a real solid group of people here. It's pretty cool that we all have the same objectives (learn and grow wealth), but are all at various stages in our development. Looking forward to continuing to observe and take in as much information as y'all are willing to pass along. Thanks again!
You should be able to activate Think or Swim and begin using their trading library, while you wait for the transfer. You should also be able to "paper trade" on TOS as well while you're waiting.

And welcome to the board friend.
BrokeAssAggie
oldarmy1 said:

Prognightmare said:

What you do with this kind of info is know that any buys below it will be instantly returned. It's how I played ROKU on its plunge below $92 VWap.

Explain this for a newby options trader..
Rice and Fries
I mentioned it the day of the trade. Followed them into it.

If this pays off for me, it would be 1 for CheddarFlow with goose egg 0 for Manic.
Rice and Fries
CrazyRichAggie said:

oldarmy1 said:

Prognightmare said:

Explain this for a newby options trader..

https://lmgtfy.com/?q=what+is+vwap+in+stocks

Edit: I understand your new, but that doesn't mean you can google it and try to learn. As a trader, Always be learning and never stop learning

outsiderlookingin
Prognightmare said:

At least he has two pair and one huge one
OverSeas AG
AG
Every knee shall bow and every tongue shall confess
tam2002
AG
OverSeas AG said:

So what do people think of Will Meade. I can't figure that guy out.

He is saying go to cash in retirement accounts. Financially this year is going to be bad.

Thoughts?

I think he's a goober that uses his cult following on Twitter to try to manipulate the market the way he wants
leoj
AG
tam2002 said:

OverSeas AG said:

He is saying go to cash in retirement accounts. Financially this year is going to be bad.

Thoughts?

I think he's a goober that uses his cult following on Twitter to try to manipulate the market the way he wants

He mentions some good stuff sometimes but personally I don't view him as a reliable follow. I think he is part grifter and his background profile is mostly exaggerated, as others on twitter have pointed out.
OverSeas AG
AG
OverSeas AG
AG
McInnis 03
AG
OverSeas AG said:

Thoughts?

He's the Darren Rovell of financial crap
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
SpongeBob
AG
Looking to sign up for Manic. Anyone need a referral? Out of curiosity, what do you get for a referral?
ProgN
OverSeas AG said:

Another question please:

I have been reading about VWAP this afternoon and I think I understand it. However the author showed a scanner he put together that shows: Ticker - Price - VWAP - Volume. Then you can scan tons of stocks at once looking for where price is approaching VWAP etc. I have not seen how you can do something like this on Fidelity Active Trader Pro, but then I have not looked extensively for it. I will look for it.

Doing something like that is exactly what I have been looking to do, as I would think you could search for many different opportunities at once. When I am going through chart after chart after chart, I just dont always read the charts as quickly as I could, and if I can get my scanner sorted similar to what the author showed, I could then drill into the charts that I am interested in.

Are you guys doing something like that and on what platform?

thx
https://www.trendspider.com/pricing.php

I haven't signed up for it yet but I'm interested in it. I believe you can sort VWAP with his charting service. A few traders I follow use his charting service.
OverSeas AG
AG
jtmoney03
AG
We're trying to keep Manic and Sam talk off the main thread. Head over to the other thread, I'm sure someone on there can hook you up.

https://texags.com/forums/57/topics/3109730
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Anyone else have a gut feeling tomorrow Monday the 4th is going to be a serious punch in the gut on the markets?
TChaney
OverSeas AG
AG
OverSeas AG
AG
McInnis 03
AG
Orlando Ayala Cant Read said:

Anyone else have a gut feeling tomorrow Monday the 4th is going to be a serious punch in the gut on the markets?

Not sure but I did buy a NTM spy 276 put late Friday
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
OverSeas AG
AG
leoj
AG
They are good books, I was going to recommend them to the poster who asked for some. Also O'Neil's how to make money in stocks, Weinstein's secrets for profiting in bulk and bear markets, and Livermore how to trade in stocks.
AgEng06
AG
I have a 280p, hoping it's ITM early tomorrow morning.
McInnis 03
AG
AgEng06 said:

I have a 280p, hoping it's ITM early tomorrow morning.

Looks great now but will have to see if it holds overnight. 277ish right now

B&I Key:
Exsurge Domine
Trendspider is awesome, much easier charting than ToS, and very economical
gig em 02
The last 2 times I was perfectly set up for a big dip the federal government intervened. I've got spy, xrt, and xlf puts so there is a 100% chance the federal government will once again screw me.

The only way we go down is if it is a surprise, expect another $10T Injection tomorrow morning.
La Bamba
AG
VWAP or volume weighted average price. Probably the best tool to use if day trading. Not sure about it's use from a multi-time frame perspective ( daily, weekly, monthly), but I use the intraday VWAP for every single trade I do on stocks, long or short. Great tool to risk off of.
topher06
God this thread has turned into a bunch of Don't Pass bettors. you guys will probably win, but we all hope you lose.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I think the realization that this isn't going away will sink in and we either trade in chop or slowly decline towards something 2400-2500
OverSeas AG
AG
IrishTxAggie
AG
Buckle up

oldarmy1
AG
SPY out side will be rocking if these futures hold
AgEng06
AG
topher06 said:

God this thread has turned into a bunch of Don't Pass bettors. you guys will probably win, but we all hope you lose.

Oh come on, OA talks about SPY puts all the time.
TChaney
First Page Last Page
Page 1450 of 6380

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.