Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,084,731 Views | 224453 Replies | Last: 6 min ago by McInnis 03
Exsurge Domine
How long do you want to ignore this user?
gig em 02 said:

Prognightmare said:

This is big.
How big?

I'm really hoping it's "turn my BA 150c lottos green" big
ProgN
gig em 02 said:

Prognightmare said:

This is big.
How big?
If the markets pullback like I think, I'll go long BA in the 115-125 range. I'm not buying it tomorrow though.
thirdcoast
AG
Now BA needs to cut workforce and terminate supply agreements to bring down monthly cash burn, which they now can without the gov hamstringing them. Does news of those actions hurt the economy? Or are these bond buyers not real investors, and instead no strings attached lenders?

Calhoun has very limited choices, but so far he has done well.
Carlo4
AG
Futures were down about 2.5% or more and have started rallying a little. S&P down near 2830 earlier but back to 2850.
oldarmy1
AG
Hello Put people!

If you have both long term Puts and expiring today $287's then don't forget you can buy shares against today's expiring Puts premarket to lock in gains. I bought against 75% of today's expiring Puts under $285.

You then control the trade. Get a bounce premarket? Sell the shares. Go lower? Just wait early to see if bounce into open or initial move first 10 minutes after opening bell.

I've also sold covered calls for a couple of bucks near the money if around entry price of shares or above.

It's really fun on daily expiring Puts to use various strategies to lock and juice profits.
oldarmy1
AG
Those WYNN weekly Puts are over $4 in the money against $0.73 Put price. Bought 50% shares against to lock in profits and monitoring to buy them all on any move up of a %.

Now you know why Inwas ticked missing that premarket $92.40 short yesterday.
J_Landes89
AG
SQ Calls strategy change after taking huge chop so far AH?
Consolidating or just falling ?! Below $63 :/

Thanks, OA
oldarmy1
AG
Will have to see if this becomes a trend or if start of May was used to reposition by institutions.

If you took some profits yesterday I wouldn't buy back like we sometimes do. If capital is smaller then probably best to get out.
McInnis 03
AG
My VXX has climbed about 10% overnight. Premium climbing this morning
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
IrishTxAggie
AG
McInnis 03 said:

During the limit downs it would jump ~20-25% overnight
J_Landes89
AG
Thx
gig em 02
Prognightmare said:

gig em 02 said:

Prognightmare said:

This is big.
How big?
If the markets pullback like I think, I'll go long BA in the 115-125 range. I'm not buying it tomorrow though.

Isn't this an incredible market. A virtually bankrupt company secured financing that keeps it afloat for a couple more years without having to surrender equity to the government and the stock price needs to go down before being a buy.
claym711
AG
PMI out in a few minutes. Wonder if J-Pow slept in again
McInnis 03
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

McInnis 03 said:

During the limit downs it would jump ~20-25% overnight
Oh I know. I figured all that money we're printing and rates we're manipulating should prevent those kinda days for awhile.
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
McInnis 03
AG
claym711 said:

PMI out in a few minutes. Wonder if J-Pow slept in again
#Mimosas

B&I Key:
leoj
AG
Those weekly Tesla puts would have been in the money lol. On to the next one though
McInnis 03
AG
BTW, happy May. Sell today and go away. See ya at the Halloween indicator.

B&I Key:
Ranger222
AG
BA green in premarket?
IrishTxAggie
AG
McInnis 03 said:

BTW, happy May. Sell today and go away. See ya at the Halloween indicator.
That theory happens the Friday before Memorial Day. Still have 3 weeks
aggiedaniel06
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Hello Put people!

If you have both long term Puts and expiring today $287's then don't forget you can buy shares against today's expiring Puts premarket to lock in gains. I bought against 75% of today's expiring Puts under $285.

You then control the trade. Get a bounce premarket? Sell the shares. Go lower? Just wait early to see if bounce into open or initial move first 10 minutes after opening bell.

I've also sold covered calls for a couple of bucks near the money if around entry price of shares or above.

It's really fun on daily expiring Puts to use various strategies to lock and juice profits.

OA, of all the snippets of knowledge you have shared over the years, this is the one I took to heart a couple of years back that really helped me in trading options.

Whenever I open an options position with less than 3 DTE, I ensure that I have enough margin to go long the underlying in after hours trading in case of puts and vice versa.
2percent
AG
I never like waking up to a 4% hit with all my positions showing red.
Post removed:
by user
AggieKeith15
AG
It looks like the stimulus isn't hitting the areas that will likely stay closed for a longer period of time. Should be interesting to see how this unfolds.

"A study by economists at the University of Chicago and the Massachusetts Institute of Technology found that 14% of businesses in New York were able to obtain PPP funding by April 15, compared with 44% in North Dakota."

https://www.wsj.com/articles/for-many-small-businesses-u-s-coronavirus-aid-falls-short-11588325404
gougler08
AG
AggieKeith15 said:

It looks like the stimulus isn't hitting the areas that will likely stay closed for a longer period of time. Should be interesting to see how this unfolds.

"A study by economists at the University of Chicago and the Massachusetts Institute of Technology found that 14% of businesses in New York were able to obtain PPP funding by April 15, compared with 44% in North Dakota."

https://www.wsj.com/articles/for-many-small-businesses-u-s-coronavirus-aid-falls-short-11588325404
I assume 14% of businesses in New York is still a much larger overall number than 44% in North Dakota
Rice and Fries
Fannie Mae's net income decreased 88% from last quarter ($461MM vs $4.4B in Q419)
McInnis 03
jj9000
AG
Quote:

Gross gaming revenue in Macau fell 96.8% in April to a lowly 754M patacas ($95M) as visa restrictions hampered any kind of comeback at all.

While a drop of more than 90% was anticipated and operators have the cash to survive for nearly a year of a "near-zero" environment, the headline number appears to be rattling investors.

Macau GGR is down 68.7% YTD and most analysts see a 40% to 60% drop for all of 2020.

In premarket action, Wynn Resorts (NASDAQ:WYNN) is down 3.55% and Las Vegas Sands (NYSE:LVS) is 3.75% lower. MGM Resorts (NYSE:MGM) is off 6.65% with the company's Q1 earnings report also being a factor.

Melco Resorts & Entertainment (NASDAQ:MLCO) is showing a 4.17% drop.

The MGM numbers and lack of a Macau recovery are also unnerving investors of U.S. regional players. Boyd Gaming (NYSE:BYD) is down 4.73%, Caesars Entertainment (NASDAQ:CZR) is 4.44% lower and Penn National Gaming (NASDAQ:PENN) is shedding 6.01%. The worst of the bunch is Eldorado Resorts (NASDAQ:ERI) with a 7.15% decline.
gougler08
AG
jj9000 said:

Quote:

Gross gaming revenue in Macau fell 96.8% in April to a lowly 754M patacas ($95M) as visa restrictions hampered any kind of comeback at all.

While a drop of more than 90% was anticipated and operators have the cash to survive for nearly a year of a "near-zero" environment, the headline number appears to be rattling investors.

Macau GGR is down 68.7% YTD and most analysts see a 40% to 60% drop for all of 2020.

In premarket action, Wynn Resorts (NASDAQ:WYNN) is down 3.55% and Las Vegas Sands (NYSE:LVS) is 3.75% lower. MGM Resorts (NYSE:MGM) is off 6.65% with the company's Q1 earnings report also being a factor.

Melco Resorts & Entertainment (NASDAQ:MLCO) is showing a 4.17% drop.

The MGM numbers and lack of a Macau recovery are also unnerving investors of U.S. regional players. Boyd Gaming (NYSE:BYD) is down 4.73%, Caesars Entertainment (NASDAQ:CZR) is 4.44% lower and Penn National Gaming (NASDAQ:PENN) is shedding 6.01%. The worst of the bunch is Eldorado Resorts (NASDAQ:ERI) with a 7.15% decline.

Glad I sold some ERI a couple days ago...wish I had gotten more out now
Rice and Fries
Rice and Fries said:

Fannie Mae's net income decreased 88% from last quarter ($461MM vs $4.4B in Q419)
Took a charge related to expected credit losses of $4.1B, estimating that over 1M single family households have requested forbearances. Expects continued lasting impacts to income from COVID-19 related events.
McInnis 03
AG
Spy has a support line at about 284.40 or so. Hovered on it in premarket for hours and is now lifting off of it.

B&I Key:
IrishTxAggie
AG

They're going in dry on ZM the last few days on bad PR
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Don't know if this is the rug pull or not but keep in mind cases are not going down while cities and states are opening up. Investors may get the picture that Covid is not going away. Patiently waiting for 2500.
AggiePeeps06
AG
Yep Dallas just had its highest case count yesterday.
Dale Earnhardts Stache
AG
Anybody else having issues with Active Trader Pro this morning?
IrishTxAggie
AG
$30,000 Millionaire said:

Don't know if this is the rug pull or not but keep in mind cases are not going down while cities and states are opening up. Investors may get the picture that Covid is not going away. Patiently waiting for 2500.
Or investors are going to realize that this is being blown out of proportion as more antibody testing takes place. I still think we see a solid pullback, but I think the narrative is going to begin shifting to a sense of herd immunity over the coming weeks. Look at Sweden.
First Page Last Page
Page 1438 of 6413

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.