Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

21,522,396 Views | 223304 Replies | Last: 5 hrs ago by ProgN
OverSeas AG
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Every knee shall bow and every tongue shall confess
McInnis 03
AG
$ET looks like it had a V bottom at open around $8.10, gapping up to $10? Some decent call option movement here.
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
AgEng06
AG
Yeah, I'm going to start waiting at least 5 minutes before buying. Premiums seem to drop every time they post something, and if not, worst case I'll still be close to their entry point.
Exsurge Domine
Wow, Sam went 10 pounder on now and made a cool quarter million. I joined a day too late
J_Landes89
AG
Any update from those BJ 5/15 $.10 $30C posts????

Watching it move up here..
oldarmy1
AG
Maximus_Meridius said:

oldarmy1 said:

Maximus_Meridius said:

IrishTxAggie said:

Absolute monster Put plays!
SPY 6/19 270P. 20MM 7.4
SPY 6/19 230P. 5.5MM 2.04
Whatcha think? Someone know something? Or is this another technique of a large buyer trying to hide their moves?
Well they are a day behind me but went out a month further. Interesting. I joined the $230P because when you see that dual strategy what is happening is they are banking the $270Puts somewhere on what they think will be new lows. Anywhere near $230 and they'll use the Puts as hedge against going long on SPY. So for $2 if things work as they hope they might get $40-70 SPY recovery bounce.
So, just to make sure I'm following here, the play is figuring a low of around 270, and the 230 is just a hedge in case SHTF because the premiums are so low?
No - Whoever this is thinks that we will retest the $220 low on SPY. They'll sell the $270 Puts once SPY is below $230 and then start buying SPY shares into the retest, using the $220 Puts as a no risk backstop.
AgShaun00
AG
bynd at 120 exp tomorrow is a bold call my manic
OverSeas AG
AG
oldarmy1
AG
Jizzle89 said:

I didn't jojn the trade but did just throw 10 contract buy out at a nickel and immediately got filled. So anyone want a $5 lotto ticket just bid $0.05
OverSeas AG
AG
Maximus_Meridius
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Maximus_Meridius said:

oldarmy1 said:

Maximus_Meridius said:

IrishTxAggie said:

Absolute monster Put plays!
SPY 6/19 270P. 20MM 7.4
SPY 6/19 230P. 5.5MM 2.04
Whatcha think? Someone know something? Or is this another technique of a large buyer trying to hide their moves?
Well they are a day behind me but went out a month further. Interesting. I joined the $230P because when you see that dual strategy what is happening is they are banking the $270Puts somewhere on what they think will be new lows. Anywhere near $230 and they'll use the Puts as hedge against going long on SPY. So for $2 if things work as they hope they might get $40-70 SPY recovery bounce.
So, just to make sure I'm following here, the play is figuring a low of around 270, and the 230 is just a hedge in case SHTF because the premiums are so low?
No - Whoever this is thinks that we will retest the $220 low on SPY. They'll sell the $270 Puts once SPY is below $230 and then start buying SPY shares into the retest, using the $220 Puts as a no risk backstop.
And this is why I ask questions. Thank you, sir.

I just don't know that we'll see 220s by June. Not if the drug trials, Oxford vaccine, and summer cause the decline of the virus. Maybe they're banking on the market having withdrawals when Powell turns off the printer?
CheladaAg
AG
AVEO just hit circuit breaker and now shooting up
AgEng06
AG
OverSeas AG said:

AgShaun00 said:

That's the one I am watching.
Only down 50% so far...
AgShaun00
AG
AgEng06 said:

OverSeas AG said:

AgShaun00 said:

Only down 50% so far...
i can buy the 115c for .99

I didn't buy, but did get in at 1.18. went small
IrishTxAggie
AG
AgShaun00 said:

He's late. Been in the 110s since $1.50
AgEng06
AG
AgShaun00 said:

AgEng06 said:

OverSeas AG said:

AgShaun00 said:

Only down 50% so far...
From his entry point of $1.30, sorry.
OverSeas AG
AG
AgShaun00
AG
AgEng06 said:

AgShaun00 said:

AgEng06 said:

OverSeas AG said:

AgShaun00 said:

Only down 50% so far...
From his entry point of $1.30, sorry.
i didn't get in when he posted. He posted the 120. I saw the 115 get below his buy price of the 120. I went small as a lotto for a quick run up and getting out if i time it right.
TV Casualty
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

AgShaun00 said:

He's late. Been in the 110s since $1.50

Yep. I bought the $115s earlier and sold some off the bounce.
Rice and Fries
So I bought back 2 of my AVEO $5 call options at $3.00 and took a $600 haircut. But I own 200 shares free from options now and will ride it up. Not sure what to do with this one right now...
AgEng06
AG
Got it. Sorry for the confusion.
leoj
AG
OverSeas AG said:

When I am seeing volume for an option on my position blotter. What does the number represent, contracts traded or interest (i.e. number of unique trades, but the contracts within the trade could be 1 to infinity)?

Contracts traded
leoj
AG
Thought he was going to stop. I'll take it

cisgenderedAggie
oldarmy1 said:

Jizzle89 said:

I didn't jojn the trade but did just throw 10 contract buy out at a nickel and immediately got filled. So anyone want a $5 lotto ticket just bid $0.05

In at 0.05.
Killin Me Smalls
AG
Even after the shot up today, I'm still down 76%. Need additional thrust on this rocket!
OverSeas AG
AG
oldarmy1
AG
Or that the direct and ripple effect on businesses, particularly small businesses, is realized. I can envision at least 25% of all small businesses not reopening ever again. People thinking its back to business as usual are in for a shocker when they see their favorite restaurant, stylist, auto shop, etc. no longer in business. Even many that do plan on reopening won't until they can fully. A restaurant can't make money at 25% utilization at peak times. Some will just absorb the loss, to maintain favored status and brand, but others won't have that luxury.

Also, whoever this is would be a disciple of the "go away in May" trader. It will be fascinating to see how that historically proven pattern stands up timed against a reopening.
2percent
AG
AgShaun00 said:

I would not be surprised by a 120 in the morning.
oldarmy1
AG
cisgenderedAggie said:

oldarmy1 said:

Jizzle89 said:

In at 0.05.
We're so easy!
oldarmy1
AG
Carlo4
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Or that the direct and ripple effect on businesses, particularly small businesses, is realized. I can envision at least 25% of all small businesses not reopening ever again. People thinking its back to business as usual are in for a shocker when they see their favorite restaurant, stylist, auto shop, etc. no longer in business. Even many that do plan on reopening won't until they can fully. A restaurant can't make money at 25% utilization at peak times. Some will just absorb the loss, to maintain favored status and brand, but others won't have that luxury.

Also, whoever this is would be a disciple of the "go away in May" trader. It will be fascinating to see how that historically proven pattern stands up timed against a reopening.
KRLD 1080 in Dallas did a report about restaurants in Texas back on 4/1. 3% were shut down forever in Texas as of 4/1. By end of this month, it would be near 15%. I was going to listen in again tomorrow to see if they report the numbers and if the estimate was correct.

Exsurge Domine
I've been burned too many times getting out of options early. I remember manic's Tesla $1 premium calls went down to like .2, and then zoomed to 3 in like 30 minutes last Friday while I was golfing. Same with NFLX. I'm running everything into the ground and only getting out when he says
HoustonAg2014
AG
OverSeas AG said:

AgShaun00 said:

I just bought the 120's for tomorrow. I thought their earnings was today for some reason... Why does he think it will move so much?
McInnis 03
AG
2percent said:

AgShaun00 said:

I would not be surprised by a 120 in the morning.
I would, but I suck at this.
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
oldarmy1 said:

cisgenderedAggie said:

oldarmy1 said:

Jizzle89 said:

In at 0.05.
We're so easy!
this is confusing to me. RH shows bid at 0 and ask at .1 Before open I grabbed a couple at .1 and threw a .05 out there to try and scalp, and of course everything filled. Saw your post and grabbed a couple more at .05. So there must be plenty of asks sitting out there at .05, why isn't that reflected in the spread?
First Page Last Page
Page 1431 of 6381

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.