Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,027,052 Views | 224251 Replies | Last: 35 min ago by Brian Earl Spilner
AgShaun00
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
my nflx that i thought were dead did ok. I sold out as I only had 2, but not a bad 50%.
Rice and Fries
ROKU poppin.
Square Pair
AG
Sold my FB calls yesterday at peak. My noob gut was saying hold and make more profit, but a voice from this thread kept saying "it's always good to take your profits now and re-enter later".

Voice: 1
Gut instinct: - 999,999,999,999
jbeck3487
AG
Alright all you ROKU cats and kittens. There is supply at 123.87 on the 60 minute chart that it slightly over ran to 124. It will need to reclaim that and then it should be free to move towards 129.6
J_Landes89
AG
keep going SQ keep going!!!!!!
PPAag06
AG
Took 1/4 off my SQ here. Thanks OA.
oldarmy1
AG
AMD green.
claym711
AG
Powell just off the Heli, announces expanded scope of Main Street Loan Facility.

Round 2 of Mimosas now
texagbeliever
Key looks to be patient. Looks like open was dominated by sellers but buyers are taking back control.
BearkatRunner88
AG
SDC just wont breakout much past 7. Been trying past few days.
UpstateAg
AG
In and Out of DAL for 25%.
tlepoC
AG
Man, once you really start drawing lines at support/resistance, it's amazing how those lines remain relevant weeks later. Charting has been an eye-opener to how price movement actually works. You can read about it all you want..
oldarmy1
AG
I think taking some SQ profits here makes sense. Use the $67 flash to take up to 50% off the table.
cisgenderedAggie
khaos288 said:

AgEng06 said:

Somewhere in the past month, someone posted a link on here to a calculator for figuring option premium price. Does anyone remember that or have that link? I'd like to avoid going back through 50 pages or so...
https://www.optionsprofitcalculator.com/

Something I don't understand about the calculators is how there is a risk of loss on a covered call. For example:
- I have shares of APA at around $18 basis that I'd like to get rid of.
- I managed to sell 6/19 calls at $20 for $0.50.

I estimate that my gain is either $50 or $2.50 per share, but the calculator says there is risk of up to 10% loss. How is that possible?
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
SDC going off.
jbeck3487
AG
Congrats to all you manic guys that held onto NFLX!
BearkatRunner88
AG
Go SDC!
jbeck3487
AG
jbeck3487 said:

Alright all you ROKU cats and kittens. There is supply at 123.87 on the 60 minute chart that it slightly over ran to 124. It will need to reclaim that and then it should be free to move towards 129.6
The other place this I think it could get hung up would be 126.06.
zag213004
AG
Only have one contract. Lesson learned... Get more contracts in order to sell to close on the way up
IrishTxAggie
AG
Absolute monster Put plays!
SPY 6/19 270P. 20MM 7.4
SPY 6/19 230P. 5.5MM 2.04
Shundere
RUBI!
AggiePeeps06
Shundere
I have a question, for some reason I feel like my RUBI status is delayed on ThinkorSwim. Anybody else experiencing this?
OverSeas AG
AG
Every knee shall bow and every tongue shall confess
Andy07
AG
I'm at home for at least another month, and I'm gonna give Manic a try after all the talk on here. Someone want to send me a referral?

I'll take the 1st unless theres some pecking order I'm missing

[email removed]
Shundere
option and the 5/15 7.5C
Maximus_Meridius
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

SPY 6/19 270P. 20MM 7.4
Whatcha think? Someone know something? Or is this another technique of a large buyer trying to hide their moves?
oldarmy1
AG
zwhag2010 said:

Only have one contract. Lesson learned... Get more contracts in order to sell to close on the way up
Then don't sweat it. Markets look stable still. The Put/Call strategy is off the table due to that happening. Fun while it lasts and it will be back.

On the May 15th $280 Puts I sold some on the drop and bought May 1st $292.50 Calls at $1.20. Sorry that was all in real time on Twitter feed due to time constraints. I since sold the Calls at $1.80 and bought back a few of the puts with profits - for longer strategy.
OverSeas AG
AG
Every knee shall bow and every tongue shall confess
ProgN
Maximus_Meridius said:

IrishTxAggie said:

SPY 6/19 270P. 20MM 7.4
Whatcha think? Someone know something? Or is this another technique of a large buyer trying to hide their moves?
It looks to me like they're positioning themselves for the "sell in May and go away". If it occurs then they'll close those out at a pretty good profit. JMO
Grown Pear
AG
I have learned so much these last 2-3 weeks from you all - THANK YOU!

1. It's fascinating looking at the charts y'all post with different resistance points and how accurate they can be for target points, I guess both from thinking through entry and exit points... and timing/strike prices to target. I think that's the biggest thing I've learned so far.

2. The other is this somewhat unhealthy tug-of-war in feelings and behavior where you have to be patient with these options yet at the same time be able to move quickly on them. Too often at the first sign of things going negative, I bail to lock in any profits or to minimize any losses.... just to see the values rebound in a matter of 10 minutes. Not always, but from a patience standpoint you gotta have some huevos.
Dale Earnhardts Stache
AG
OverSeas AG said:

Shundere said:

option and the 5/15 7.5C
I am on Fidelity Active Trader Pro. I see:

B .55 x 30
A .75 x 3. (Was .85 x 1 when I first started typing this out.)
V 27

and a current price of .70

Maybe just not a lot of volume?
On Fidelity Active Trader Pro. Seeing the same. Current price just dropped to $0.68 though.
oldarmy1
AG
Maximus_Meridius said:

IrishTxAggie said:

SPY 6/19 270P. 20MM 7.4
Well they are a day behind me but went out a month further. Interesting. I joined the $230P because when you see that dual strategy what is happening is they are banking the $270Puts somewhere on what they think will be new lows. Anywhere near $230 and they'll use the Puts as hedge against going long on SPY. So for $2 if things work as they hope they might get $40-70 SPY recovery bounce.
oldarmy1
AG
Shundere said:

I have a question, for some reason I feel like my RUBI status is delayed on ThinkorSwim. Anybody else experiencing this?
I see deadline for shareholders proposal submissions May 12. Don't see delay.
Maximus_Meridius
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Maximus_Meridius said:

IrishTxAggie said:

SPY 6/19 270P. 20MM 7.4
Well they are a day behind me but went out a month further. Interesting. I joined the $230P because when you see that dual strategy what is happening is they are banking the $270Puts somewhere on what they think will be new lows. Anywhere near $230 and they'll use the Puts as hedge against going long on SPY. So for $2 if things work as they hope they might get $40-70 SPY recovery bounce.
So, just to make sure I'm following here, the play is figuring a low of around 270, and the 230 is just a hedge in case SHTF because the premiums are so low?
First Page Last Page
Page 1430 of 6408

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.