Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,102,050 Views | 224571 Replies | Last: 14 min ago by Ragoo
spud1910
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Exsurge Domine said:

khkman22 said:

carguy007 said:

Following the Flow for a new guy
Do you all prefer Cheddar or Algoflo
Curious to this as well. AlgoFlow looks like it has better information based on the website, but maybe that's just a bad job of marketing on Cheddar's part. Anybody used both before to know which is more robust? Is the difference enough to justify the price increase? Does Dan have AlgoFlow on his live feed?

Also, with Manic, what does he offer other than a Twitter feed? Does he offer some sort of live feed where he is talking to you like one of Dan's subscription options? Just curious about his setup and how you are able to see AlgoFlow information. Manic was always the one that seemed the most flaky to me because the total combined experience is 12 years with an unknown number of people. He also doesn't give you much information as to what he offers like Dan does. Dan's style doesn't really fit me though.

The great thing about manic is the extremely clear and concise entry and exit they give you. Dan and Sam are extremely vague, and Dan doesn't do options so you can hit everything perfect and still get screwed if you pick an option with a whack Premium. Manic will tell you "BUY NVDA 5/15 310c @ 2.05" and then later he'll check in and say SELL 1/4 NVDA @ 3 +50%. That's what I like.
I like Dan and his approach, even tho I don't try his stock recommendations and deal exclusively in options. I listen to him to learn what he is watching and where, and then pick my own strikes/expirations.
EngrAg14
AG
thirdcoast said:

This guy has 30K followers and keeps saying "eternal QE" is priced in. Looks like he wanting to fight the Fed.

Hope he is right (in short term, not long term) holding some SPXS at $12 and wanting tech to come back down to go long.

That's a super bold short term decline, IMO that would require Remdesivir flop or CV-19 flare up.

The only way this happens is banks come out and rely on people declaring bankruptcy left and right. Debt bubble completely burst along with mortgage/housing markets. Totally possibly at ned of summer with 2 more months lockdowns but not opening next week/2-3 weeks from now.

Short term drop yes and I am ready to pull since I got burned bad with the last drops. Since I also got burned prior not holding long enough so held too long to 0 lol
tam2002
AG
RDS just cut its dividend for the first time since WWII. Cut by 65%. Surprising but maybe a smart move to not take on more debt to pay it at the moment
Rice and Fries
Well furk me. Selling on the open for sure.

Need to find more dividend.
oldarmy1
AG
SQ bid $67.30 x $68 on thin volume early. If this holds we'll be selling the calls on the open.

AMD up $0.60 and if futures are any way green it will move a little higher into open likely as well to sell.

Gotta take the quick scores when premiums are maxed when getting it right in a day.
tam2002
AG
Rice and Fries said:

Well furk me. Selling on the open for sure.

Need to find more dividend.

If you are really wanting to sell personally I'd wait a couple days and don't sell into the shock. The price rebounds quickly imo. Many will view this as a good thing to not take on more debt now and buy
Rice and Fries
Just tough to see how they will ever get back to that level of dividend.
McInnis 03
AG

Fly over the yellow river on wizz air

(I couldn't help myself)
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
La Bamba
AG
tam2002 said:

RDS just cut its dividend for the first time since WWII. Cut by 65%. Surprising but maybe a smart move to not take on more debt to pay it at the moment
Also cut bonuses and pay raises for next year.
sts7049
AG
La Bamba said:

tam2002 said:

yep
texagbeliever
OVV and MRO are on up big pre market.
gig em 02
Can't remember if I picked up ZM puts from y'all, but if so, zoooom zoooom
gougler08
AG
sts7049 said:

La Bamba said:

tam2002 said:

yep

Thanks for the reminder
jj9000
AG
gougler08 said:

sts7049 said:

La Bamba said:

tam2002 said:

yep

Thanks for the reminder
Damn. That's right, you mentioned you are at RDS earlier.

Man, I'm sorry to hear this.

I hope the cuts don't affect your job security.
gougler08
AG
jj9000 said:

gougler08 said:

sts7049 said:

La Bamba said:

tam2002 said:

yep

Thanks for the reminder

I think all 3 of us are (sts and La Bamba) but as of now I'm good...things will inevitably get worse before better though so we shall see how it goes. Appreciate the thoughts though!
Carlo4
AG
texagbeliever said:

OVV and MRO are on up big pre market.

I left OVV but found similar fortune and glory with MUR and APA. Everyone is winning short term with hard hit oil stocks.
IrishTxAggie
AG
Carlo4
AG
Torbush
texagbeliever
Personal policy of avoiding things china in stocks is looking pretty good.
claym711
AG
EngrAg14 said:

Short term drop yes and I am ready to pull since I got burned bad with the last drops. Since I also got burned prior not holding long enough so held too long to 0 lol

How many others are ready to pull at sign of next drop
tam2002
AG
La Bamba said:

tam2002 said:

Hate to hear that. Hopefully thinks get better once we get thru the summer. Hang in there
La Bamba
AG
tam2002 said:

La Bamba said:

tam2002 said:

Hate to hear that. Hopefully thinks get better once we get thru the summer. Hang in there
Thanks for the kind words. Hopefully with the help of this thread we can lessen the blow a little bit.
La Bamba
AG
OSTK's recovery has been something else from two bucks. Positive earnings thru 13 now.
Bird Poo
AG
texagbeliever said:

Personal policy of avoiding things china in stocks is looking pretty good.
I now have the same policy, but I'm stuck with a ton of NIO stock.
oldarmy1
AG
Futures down some and sucked joy from most shares. SPY Puts are up but rather have trades running.

I'm green on OVV holdings! Sold neatly 50% of under $3 buys this morning between $6.20-$6.40.

Will be selling 100% of those using in the money covered calls out to June to finish off protecting the trade long term. Don't mind saying even when you know the fundamentals of a company are super strong that seeing it brutalized down to under $3 required every bit of discipline learned.

This stock will be $12+ at some point, so continue to take advantage of pullbacks.
sts7049
AG
jj9000 said:

gougler08 said:

sts7049 said:

La Bamba said:

tam2002 said:

yep

Thanks for the reminder

separate from the financial results, my business unit is going through some restructuring as well but i don't expect any impact on my job.

it's a tough time, and losing a fat bonus sucks, but thankful to have a job!
Bird Poo
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Futures down some and sucked joy from most shares. SPY Puts are up but rather have trades running.

I'm green on OVV holdings! Sold neatly 50% of under $3 buys this morning between $6.20-$6.40.

Will be selling 100% of those using in the money covered calls out to June to finish off protecting the trade long term. Don't mind saying even when you know the fundamentals of a company are super strong that seeing it brutalized down to under $3 required every bit of discipline learned.

This stock will be $12+ at some point, so continue to take advantage of pullbacks.
I got in at $4 so thank you (again) for the recommendation!
oldarmy1
AG
Some consolidation today and then a final big push short clearing on AAPL earnings would make all dreams come true.
McInnis 03
AG
Aggies1322 said:

AgEng06 said:

McInnis 03 said:

Ranger222 said:

Like BJs? I do

OH THAT'S BREAKING NORTH!!

You can get some 5/15 30c for around $0.10.

LOAD UP BOYS!

Is this actually a good play? Or nah? I'm new to the options game.
I don't think anyone is going to go foolhardy here but the chart is one to watch a bit for further break confirmation.
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
oldarmy1
AG
I tried to short WYNN at $92.40 early and some yahoo beat me to it. I went as low as $92 and ask kept moving away so I decided to hope it stayed above $90 to buy a Put. Nope!
J_Landes89
AG
As a rookie holding a bag of SQ 5/15 $70C, are you saying we sell as market opens today regardless, or are we still waiting to see if specific things happen and continue holding?

Sorry if I didn't word that well

At $2.24 now
claym711
AG
Powell about to drop his balls on the bid this AM ahead of unemployment again.
GreasenUSA
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Still going to hold some for the long term in the retirement account? I'm all out now. Nice trade.
oldarmy1
AG
Jizzle89 said:

As a rookie holding a bag of SQ 5/15 $70C, are you saying we sell as market opens today regardless, or are we still waiting to see if specific things happen and continue holding?

I was saying if it stayed above $67 into opening then taking advantage of that would be a no brainer. Now it will follow market and will need a continuation move, or at least a bounce, from markets to lift it.

Yesterday didn't look like a top and futures certainly aren't pulling any rugs out early, so some drift consolidation into APple earnings after the bell would be a good set up for a spark.
McInnis 03
AG
Jizzle89 said:

At $2.24 now
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but SQ looks like it's breaking out of a slightly rising channel, that might favor an upward trend. That last candle is very bearish looking but I would think today into tomorrow needs to tell the story because closing outside of the top of that channel is a bullish signal.

Am I overr eading the tea leaves?

B&I Key:
First Page Last Page
Page 1427 of 6417

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.