Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

21,981,200 Views | 224072 Replies | Last: 59 min ago by El_duderino
ProgN
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Fedup said:

Don't markets seem a little overheated to y'all. They've come an awful long way in a short time esp compared to where the markets stood last Fall. S&p almost back to 3000. One big day away from that mark. I'm nervous at this point. Considering taking money out and rebuying at lower level. Like S&p 2200-2400.

Speaking for myself, yes, I believe this run is a bit extended.

FWIW, as of today I'm sitting at around 80% in cash. However, I'm not shorting or gambling on a ton of puts either. Fighting the fed results in an ass kicking almost all of the time. I don't think the S&P will see your 2200 number though, maybe 25-2600.

With earning season winding down, I'm looking to see if the "sell in May and go away" begins to gain traction. I'm primarily doing quick moves, in and out.
Ranger222
AG
Like BJs? I do

leoj
AG
Aggies1322 said:

What is your exit point for the RUBI 9/18 $10c? Sorry if I missed you say it, I try to read every post.

Idk about his exit point, but those should end up in the money
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Fedup said:

Don't markets seem a little overheated to y'all. They've come an awful long way in a short time esp compared to where the markets stood last Fall. S&p almost back to 3000. One big day away from that mark. I'm nervous at this point. Considering taking money out and rebuying at lower level. Like S&p 2200-2400.

No, you will never get another opportunity to buy at this price again. Everyone should buy at these prices.

Being serious, I'm surprised, but hey, it's the fed. I was thinking we would retest or go lower than 3/23. Now, I think downside could be limited to 2500. The Remdesivir news was good but not that great and the fed didn't say anything surprising today, and both of those trumped an almost 5% Q1 GDP decline to result in 3% gains. Facebook beat on results with a heavy caveat that they are not immune to global macro economic conditions, and they're up nearly 15% today including AH. P/E multiples when accounting for earnings are above the February all time highs and every indicator says overbought, but we can stay there for a long time. All bad news is literally dismissed and any good news is trumpeted. I can't think of a tougher time to be a bear than when facing buyers on the other end willing to buy at any price and in the face of disastrous results.

I think you have to suspend logic. I have a short position and I have told myself I will not give in for at least another month or more. I told myself that 2950 was as high as the SPX could do on its retracement, and we've hit 2955 in session, now 2945 AH. I am really questioning myself on whether or not I should abandon that and start buying SPY 310C. The market can turn any day with a rug pull, but that just seems really unlikely with how willing everyone is to look past Q2 (and Q3 and possibly Q4). It is very frustrating to watch ES_F gap up every day. This does feel like a time when bulls feel like they can't lose and the rug gets pulled, but I am not sure with that massive liquidity infusion.

Tomorrow has jobless claims and then there are ECB readouts. The consensus estimate is 3.5M claims. We will probably rally up whether its higher or lower, taking unemployment to 30M.
ProgN
Thank you, I'll be researching this further.
Dale Gribble
RPMag said:

So for all of you who signed up with Manic a few days ago..

Happy with the service so far this week?

I joined Manic March 27th. Started with $2,500 and now have $13,000. Yes I'm happy.
stxag8
AG
Are there any podcasts y'all can recommend for someone just getting their feet wet with options?
AgEng06
AG
That's awesome!

Now, care to tell us how you did it? Did you play everything or pick and choose? Did you buy multiples of 4 contracts so you could sell 1/4, 1/2, etc?
leoj
AG
Apparently Elon went off the rails on the call, and that was even with the IR staff screening the questions and reading them themselves.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Aggies1322 said:

What is your exit point for the RUBI 9/18 $10c? Sorry if I missed you say it, I try to read every post.

FOMOd into these, gonna try not to bail early with 50% gains like I did with the 7.5s that are gonna open itm. But I probably will
McInnis 03
AG
Ranger222 said:

Like BJs? I do

OH THAT'S BREAKING NORTH!!
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
Fightin_Aggie
AG
leoj said:

Apparently Elon went off the rails on the call, and that was even with the IR staff screening the questions and reading them themselves.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/technology/2020/04/29/tesla-earnings-2020/
The world needs mean tweets

My Pronouns Ultra and MAGA

Trump 2024
Exsurge Domine
RPMag said:

Manic is awesome. Sam also is hard to decipher, but had a monster on NOW today that I missed because I couldn't decipher his cryptic tweets
AgEng06
AG
McInnis 03 said:

Ranger222 said:

Like BJs? I do

You can get some 5/15 30c for around $0.10.

LOAD UP BOYS!
Dale Gribble
AgEng06 said:

That's awesome!

Now, care to tell us how you did it? Did you play everything or pick and choose? Did you buy multiples of 4 contracts so you could sell 1/4, 1/2, etc?

I play everything they post as much as I can keep up (I am fortunate in that my job allows me to keep up with it most of the day). My full plays are usually about 7-8% of my bankroll. And I do the lottos about half of that, so 3-4%.

I do try to do multiples of 4 as much as possible, makes it easier to keep track of taking gains on the way up.

But if you read their instructions, it does a good job of explaining how things work, most plays aren't going to be winners. But be patient and they hit enough of those 2x 3x 4x that you will make money.
AgEng06
AG
Thanks! I've got around $2k I'm gonna do that with. I'll try to follow as much as possible and see how it goes.
Ranger222
AG
the spread on those is grossssssssssss
thirdcoast
AG
This guy has 30K followers and keeps saying "eternal QE" is priced in. Looks like he wanting to fight the Fed.

Hope he is right (in short term, not long term) holding some SPXS at $12 and wanting tech to come back down to go long.

That's a super bold short term decline, IMO that would require Remdesivir flop or CV-19 flare up.

ProgN
If I'm reading that right, I can say with confidence that the S&P isn't going to 1100.
Pignorant
AG
Not saying he is wrong, but do you know how many people have tweeted over the past month "line in sand", "major bubble", "be extremely careful at these levels".
IrishTxAggie
AG
He's using Elliott Wave Theory for is analysis. I do some trading based on the theory
thirdcoast
AG
Yep, if Powell saw that chart he would squirt out a measly $1T tmrw just to spite him.
claym711
AG
Guarentee Jerry P jerks it daily to the thought of buying SPY.
topher06
May sell off my TTD tomorrow. Run up has been intense.
Aggies1322
AG
AgEng06 said:

McInnis 03 said:

Ranger222 said:

Like BJs? I do

You can get some 5/15 30c for around $0.10.

LOAD UP BOYS!

Is this actually a good play? Or nah? I'm new to the options game.
Rice and Fries
Please, never say Jerry P again.

It's J.Pow, POW-Pow, but not Jerry P.
khkman22
AG
carguy007 said:

Following the Flow for a new guy
Do you all prefer Cheddar or Algoflo
Curious to this as well. AlgoFlow looks like it has better information based on the website, but maybe that's just a bad job of marketing on Cheddar's part. Anybody used both before to know which is more robust? Is the difference enough to justify the price increase? Does Dan have AlgoFlow on his live feed?

Also, with Manic, what does he offer other than a Twitter feed? Does he offer some sort of live feed where he is talking to you like one of Dan's subscription options? Just curious about his setup and how you are able to see AlgoFlow information. Manic was always the one that seemed the most flaky to me because the total combined experience is 12 years with an unknown number of people. He also doesn't give you much information as to what he offers like Dan does. Dan's style doesn't really fit me though.
Exsurge Domine
khkman22 said:

carguy007 said:

Following the Flow for a new guy
Do you all prefer Cheddar or Algoflo
Curious to this as well. AlgoFlow looks like it has better information based on the website, but maybe that's just a bad job of marketing on Cheddar's part. Anybody used both before to know which is more robust? Is the difference enough to justify the price increase? Does Dan have AlgoFlow on his live feed?

Also, with Manic, what does he offer other than a Twitter feed? Does he offer some sort of live feed where he is talking to you like one of Dan's subscription options? Just curious about his setup and how you are able to see AlgoFlow information. Manic was always the one that seemed the most flaky to me because the total combined experience is 12 years with an unknown number of people. He also doesn't give you much information as to what he offers like Dan does. Dan's style doesn't really fit me though.

The great thing about manic is the extremely clear and concise entry and exit they give you. Dan and Sam are extremely vague, and Dan doesn't do options so you can hit everything perfect and still get screwed if you pick an option with a whack Premium. Manic will tell you "BUY NVDA 5/15 310c @ 2.05" and then later he'll check in and say SELL 1/4 NVDA @ 3 +50%. That's what I like.
spud1910
AG
McInnis 03 said:

RPMag said:

Going to be honest with you. He has given me a few trades that I have made money on, but the thing that has allowed me the most gains in the last 3 days is that he keeps FlowAlgo (competitor to cheddarflow) open in a streaming window and I have been watching that and piggybacking off that service. It's made me some very good plays as long as I think through what I'm seeing. At the end of this 1 month test run (for me at least) I'm going to reevaulate continuing with Manic vs. subscribing to FlowAlgo.
Where do you find this feature?
khkman22
AG
Exsurge Domine said:

Manic will tell you "BUY NVDA 5/15 310c @ 2.05" and then later he'll check in and say SELL 1/4 NVDA @ 3 +50%. That's what I like.
Is that all through the premium Twitter feed or like a webcast?
McInnis 03
AG
spud1910 said:

McInnis 03 said:

RPMag said:

Going to be honest with you. He has given me a few trades that I have made money on, but the thing that has allowed me the most gains in the last 3 days is that he keeps FlowAlgo (competitor to cheddarflow) open in a streaming window and I have been watching that and piggybacking off that service. It's made me some very good plays as long as I think through what I'm seeing. At the end of this 1 month test run (for me at least) I'm going to reevaulate continuing with Manic vs. subscribing to FlowAlgo.

I'm dm. Manic talk wears our friends out.
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
McInnis 03
AG
Tried pm to no avail..using Twitter goto his private trading account and look at the pinned tweet

B&I Key:
spud1910
AG
McInnis 03 said:

spud1910 said:

McInnis 03 said:

RPMag said:

I'm dm. Manic talk wears our friends out.
LOL, I'm "frugal" so I have more to invest. dr.ballow@gmail.com

I joined Manic and like the tweets, but can't find this info.
AgShaun00
AG
Would like to see the screen also.
spud1910
AG
McInnis 03 said:

Tried pm to no avail..using Twitter goto his private trading account and look at the pinned tweet
Got it. Thanks.
First Page Last Page
Page 1426 of 6403

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.