Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,028,231 Views | 224257 Replies | Last: 44 min ago by Heineken-Ashi
jakal0722
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Pulled out of CSCO at .49 from .27
oldarmy1
AG
jakal0722 said:

Pulled out of CSCO at .49 from .27
Good move. Expected move lower in markets for the afternoon session with both the Fed interest rates today as well as the IG report coming tomorrow.
jakal0722
Other than missing about 4 cents on the opening purchase, I'm really happy with the result.
oldarmy1
AG
SWN new high
leoj
AG
Twitter just took off

Old army, as it continues to get up there close to your strike price but you don't want them called out, what adjustments do you make?
oldarmy1
AG
leoj said:

Twitter just took off

Old army, as it continues to get up there close to your strike price but you don't want them called out, what adjustments do you make?
Nothing yet. The shooting star pattern should close very close to where it opened so the pop up above that hasn't motivated me to do anything different. In fact, one of the old tactics I posted about big money is that they pop a stock to a new high to clear short sellers before a drop (Happens in reverse on stocks about to move higher when big money flashes down trying to trigger stop loss).

oldarmy1
AG
clobby said:

Oldarmy,

What do you think on CRON? Looks like we are right at the previous support, if it breaks below do you get out?
CRON reverse Harami....bullish signal on the day.
oldarmy1
AG
oldarmy1 said:

leoj said:

Twitter just took off

Nothing yet. The shooting star pattern should close very close to where it opened so the pop up above that hasn't motivated me to do anything different. In fact, one of the old tactics I posted about big money is that they pop a stock to a new high to clear short sellers before a drop (Happens in reverse on stocks about to move higher when big money flashes down trying to trigger stop loss).

There's the close I was expecting. Added $42.50 Puts on the pattern close. Only thing that would kill my set up is if TWTR is getting bought out.
leoj
AG
Thanks. Let's say though over the next week that it does continue to climb, theoretically how do you adjust? Roll the calls up and out?
Ragoo
AG
leoj said:

Twitter just took off

momentum is momentum. Don't touch until the momentum goes away. You may not sell at the peak but you won't sell too early.
Ragoo
AG
leoj said:

Thanks. Let's say though over the next week that it does continue to climb, theoretically how do you adjust? Roll the calls up and out?
stop loss or buy puts out 30 days as protection.
oldarmy1
AG
Ragoo said:

leoj said:

stop loss or buy puts out 30 days as protection.
This....I don't want to lose the shares if at all possible. Granted its 25% of my total holdings but I see a short term pause. If wrong I would likely buy a call just out of the money as an offset to the covered call as a hedge in case another meteoric move unfolded.
leoj
AG
Great, really appreciate the explanation.
59 South
AG
I've been watching RRTS a lot lately. Great chart the past few weeks. The drop on 5/25 was due to it being demoted from the S&P Small Cap 600... classic overreaction selling. Very under valued at this point.

https://i.imgur.com/eyFJbnh.jpg

edit: darn, guess I'm going to have to get my B&I sock up out of rookie status to post pics directly.
59 South
AG
Also UPL... been falling for a while now looking for major support. Increased volume under $2 but not huge.

Investors didn't like their announcement last month that they were only drilling horizontal wells moving forward even though they upped earnings guidance for Q3/Q4.

A bit risky but major upside especially if high volume support comes in.

Anybody got more insight or knowledge of the company?
leoj
AG
Etsy up 18% premarket? Not seeing the news for this. OA1, should your wife be posting her stock analysis in here as well?
oldarmy1
AG
leoj said:

Etsy up 18% premarket? Not seeing the news for this. OA1, should your wife be posting her stock analysis in here as well?
oldarmy1
AG
And my daughter invested in all of the gaming company stocks in March. You can throw a dart at one and its up 20-50%. And her plan is to sell into the big gaming convention next week.
leoj
AG
Ah. They're introducing enhanced platforms to sellers for a monthly fee and updated guidance higher.
Pignorant
AG
TWTR up 2% this morning.
tailgatetimer10
AG
Looks like I'll be holding amat a bit longer. Reports came out yesterday that capitol investments in semiconductor are expected to slow.

With everything moving to 7nm, surely new photography equipment will have to be purchased. Not to mention AMAT still services equipment around the world
oldarmy1
AG
Pignorant said:

TWTR up 2% this morning.
Yeah I scrambled and got my $45 Call which I actually just sold for a quick 18%. I'm gonna let the covered call ride and cash out the 25% if TWTR keeps going.

In trading tactics I used a potential technical formation to enter a strategy. The moment that pattern failed I had to quickly adjust because I was wrong.
Ranger222
AG
Here we go on Dropbox

The guy who wrote that MELI article also went in on July 20 320C this morning
Ranger222
AG
Two other 2017 IPOs to watch as they break out of bases -- Stitchfix (SFIX) and Redfin (RDFN)
AggiePeeps06
AG
Sold out of SWN. Will wait for a pullback and buy back in
oldarmy1
AG
Ranger222 said:

Here we go on Dropbox

The guy who wrote that MELI article also went in on July 20 320C this morning
Excellent call!
oldarmy1
AG
Ranger222 said:

Two other 2017 IPOs to watch as they break out of bases -- Stitchfix (SFIX) and Redfin (RDFN)
RDFN has just signaled a breakout from a 5 month Darvis Box. SFIX already off to the races.

Need these posted more frequently.
JDCAG (NOT Colin)
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Ranger222 said:

RDFN has just signaled a breakout from a 5 month Darvis Box. SFIX already off to the races.

Just tipping my toes in this world. I sold the 7/20 put spread on SFIX late last week and am already about to hit my profit target. Very small money here though as I'm just getting used to all of this.
leoj
AG
Sold TWTR 46.5 7/6 covered call on 6/8. Did not think this would continue to run this high this fast
TheVarian
AG
E3 is going on right now.

Sony and Xbox are probably jumling around at the moment with everything

Nintendo especially
Cowboy Curtis
AG
Anyone else in on IQ? I bought a few weeks ago and I'm already up over 30%. I'll let it be known I don't know much about the company other than it's the Chinese equivalent of Netflix.

Seeing how BABA took off by modeling AMZN I blindly invested in IQ.
ryanhnc10
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Ranger222 said:

Got in on RDFN, so I'll ride this with you. Did you setup an alert for it or did you just stumble across this breakout?
AgCPA95
AG
You guys still in JD? It is up after news showing strong increases online sales in China.
Cowboy Curtis
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Ranger222 said:

My RDFN options just mooned
tailgatetimer10
AG
I bought in queen oa chimed in about it and square. It's paid off well so far
First Page Last Page
Page 141 of 6408

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.