Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

21,519,189 Views | 223291 Replies | Last: 34 min ago by ProgN
oldarmy1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Ragoo said:

At this point I am going to let it go to expiration. Might not get back to 78 which is my strike but if I get assigned will ride the current momentum.
BBY is a Darvis Box stock. Takes a long time to make trend moves. It's a covered call dream stock. The fact that it held on that gap down with huge volume indicates it is likely to break up versus break down - whenever it happens.

oldarmy1
AG
The wife bought ETSY at $18 and I laughed at her. No matter how long you've invested and traded there is always room to learn. She schooled me good. 5000 shares entered at $18 and she had one call option after it gapped up (I told her to enter that - saving face) so she planted 2500 net free shares today.

I'll listen to her next time.
IrishTxAggie
AG
oldarmy1 said:

The wife bought ETSY at $18 and I laughed at her. No matter how long you've invested and traded there is always room to learn. She schooled me good. 5000 shares entered at $18 and she had one call option after it gapped up (I told her to enter that - saving face) so she planted 2500 net free shares today.

I'll listen to her next time.
No...no you won't.
oldarmy1
AG
Dang! Irish knows me well
FriscoKid
AG
I expect the IG report to rock the markets on Thursday.
Ranger222
AG
Still stalking the setup in MELI. Still within that wedge formation. Here is a good read on it

Two new positions --

Grubhub heading towards new highs here. This is a longterm hold for me, but playing some calls on the breakout.

Take Two lagging behind Activision and EA Sports, but chart looks good

This is my very ugly chart for Dropbox. Got long on Jan 19 35 C on the June 5th breakout. Not as hot as some other recent tech IPOs, but could play catchup. There are other recent IPOs I like more in terms of companies, but this may be a decent trade

WestTexAg12
AG
Ranger222 said:

Still stalking the setup in MELI. Still within that wedge formation. Here is a good read on it

Two new positions --

Grubhub heading towards new highs here. This is a longterm hold for me, but playing some calls on the breakout.

Take Two lagging behind Activision and EA Sports, but chart looks good

This is my very ugly chart for Dropbox. Got long on Jan 19 35 C on the June 5th breakout. Not as hot as some other recent tech IPOs, but could play catchup. There are other recent IPOs I like more in terms of companies, but this may be a decent trade

What strike price and date are you lookin at for Grubhub? Been looking at it as well
"Give me an army of West Point graduates and I'll win a battle. Give me a handful of Texas Aggies, and I'll win the war.”
- General George S. Patton
oldarmy1
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Sold covered calls on 30% of all my GE holdings. $15 Strikes just to next Friday at $0.28. Happy to have 30% called out for an exit net of $15.28. Otherwise if the big round number $15 becomes a resistance point I bank the 28 cents per share and happy to let it do whatever now that we have set the bottom.
So beyond wishing I had sold GE covered calls out a month for 70 cents instead of a week out for 28 cents I did manage to lower my holding cost by a factor of almost 10 cents a share. Baby steps. GE looks to have completed its basing coming off that initial pop and looks ready to slowly move back to retest above $15.

It's not the sexiest holding, especially with the likely further dividend cut, so I'm still thinking whether I want to cash in for 18-19% gain or work with it to plant it as a net free stock. It still has a long way to go for both management and revenue ramp.
oldarmy1
AG
TWTR showing another gap up premarket. I just have to believe this sets up a short term shooting star pattern at days end.
leoj
AG
Anyone looking at fossil? Seems like they are back from the brink of death
jakal0722
And I was soo happy making a nice 30% return on my Twitter option the other day. My options game is either try and hold and get burned or get out early and miss the rocket.
oldarmy1
AG
leoj said:

Anyone looking at fossil? Seems like they are back from the brink of death
We were all over fossil when they looked on the brink of death. Any pullback is entry opportunity.
clobby
AG
Oldarmy,

What do you think on CRON? Looks like we are right at the previous support, if it breaks below do you get out?
oldarmy1
AG
clobby said:

Oldarmy,

What do you think on CRON? Looks like we are right at the previous support, if it breaks below do you get out?
Yes OR sell the Jul 20 covered calls for 50 cents and see if a flash below support reverses. Heck if I didn't have any shares I would be selling naked Jul 20 calls at 50 cents like crazy. Imagine you can simply buy the stock at $7.50 if it comes back to those levels and be up 50 cents if called out or at $7 net if not.
oldarmy1
AG
oldarmy1 said:

TWTR showing another gap up premarket. I just have to believe this sets up a short term shooting star pattern at days end.
Sold covered calls on TWTR open at $44.20. Sold the June $44.50 calls at a buck on 25% of holdings. Would prefer those not reach a called out status so will be watching those closely.
oldarmy1
AG
So far it held
clobby
oldarmy1
AG
SWN should give a continued push upward after breaking that lengthy Darvis Box.
gougler08
AG
I think based on that article and looking at the chart, I'm waiting til MELI breaks $320 (and isn't a fakeout like last time) to get in
jakal0722
So I have a CSCO July 6th call for $45 that has covered at least my car payment for the month. Should I hold out and see if it will cover my mortgage?
oldarmy1
AG
jakal0722 said:

So I have a CSCO July 6th call for $45 that has covered at least my car payment for the month. Should I hold out and see if it will cover my mortgage?
Interesting approach to a trade. You have plenty of time and a big gap down that will eventually get filled. Can it break recent resistance towards that in time for you to make your July mortgage? I say yes it will. But a car payment in hand ain't bad.

Watching EXTR approaching resistance from its fall from grace. Nice gap down with plenty of room to run if it breaks out. Anyone in EXTR have more to add?
Ragoo
AG
jakal0722 said:

all you have right now is extrinsic value because the option is still out of the money. Time erodes extrinsic value. I bet you could sell the option and buy the stock long at 45 and come out ahead. If on July 6 the stock is trading at 45.20 your option has shifted from the value today to only 0.20 intrinsic value because it is in the money.
oldarmy1
AG
Ragoo said:

jakal0722 said:

all you have right now is extrinsic value because the option is still out of the money. Time errods extrensic value. I bet you could sell the option and buy the stock long at 45 and come out ahead. If I'm July 6 the stock is trading at 45.20 your option has shifted from the value today to only 0.20 intrinsic value because it is in the money.
Great point.
jakal0722
Since I stay at home with my kid, my goal each month is to bring in enough to cover our car payment. Anything else is an added bonus.
Cowboy Curtis
AG
Looking glorious
IrishTxAggie
AG
jakal0722 said:

Since I stay at home with my kid, my goal each month is to bring in enough to cover our car payment. Anything else is an added bonus.

What if you bet wrong on the option?
jakal0722
Then I get to make it up. Is a learning experience.
Pignorant
AG
Probably will add to my TWTR holdings this week. Feel like it needs to take a breather though.

Have an adjusted cost basis of $22.77
oldarmy1
AG
Pignorant said:

Probably will add to my TWTR holdings this week. Feel like it needs to take a breather though.

Have an adjusted cost basis of $22.77
Don't you just love it?
cgh1999
AG
Ranger222 said:

appreciate it oldarmy.

and of course AMD this week, if it closes, breaking out of a 15 month consolidation.

I bought here and am loving this move!
Ragoo
AG
jakal0722 said:

if you are trying to build income please do not buy options.
jakal0722
We have all of our expenses covered. I have a small amount that I have started with solely for investing. I have a goal for each month but not a need.
oldarmy1
AG
cgh1999 said:

Ranger222 said:

appreciate it oldarmy.

and of course AMD this week, if it closes, breaking out of a 15 month consolidation.

I bought here and am loving this move!
We hit 8 out of 10 trades correctly. Can make a killing doing that.
oldarmy1
AG
ON reverse head and shoulders continues to form as I like to see it. Entered that one at $24 and see it breaking on out to new highs above $27 from current $25.39
tailgatetimer10
AG
I'll play
First Page Last Page
Page 140 of 6380

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.