Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

21,521,824 Views | 223304 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by ProgN
Dale Earnhardts Stache
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
AggieKeith15 said:

To hold for a year or more I agree! I was really meaning as far as gains to be had in the upcoming months, not for a long term buy.

Near term could be an issue. Yes. No doubt.

Also, sorry for the condescending emoji. Not sure where that came from. Whiskey fingers are acting up.

AggieKeith15
AG
Didn't take it that way! All good and appreciate the discussion!
Grown Pear
AG
You know, you raise a good point. The current administration obviously has been pretty vocal about China the last several years. But now the American public more than ever have become more aware of our dependency on China/other countries in our supply chain for almost everything. It will be interesting how things change going forward and how US businesses are affected

Edit - sorry, Trading thread derail!
jbeck3487
AG
It seems we have a lot more people watching the AH action like hawks. I felt like there was some play-by-play calling going on. lol
CSTXAg92
AG
TheCougarHunter said:

SHOP has been crushing it. Is it a bubble or the next AMZN?

I'm really thinking about selling as I've seen a 100% increase since I bought in.
Interesting company. From Wikipedia:

Shopify Inc. is a Canadian multinational e-commerce company headquartered in Ottawa, Ontario. It is also the name of its proprietary E-Commerce platform for online stores and retail point-of-sale systems.
The company reported that it had more than 1,000,000 businesses in approximately 175 countries using its platform as of June 2019, with total gross merchandise volume exceeding $41.1 billion for calendar 2018.

Sounds like the type of company that would not only do great in this climate, but for the long term as well.
thirdcoast
AG
SHOP basically turns any random online retail purchase into the Amazon experience. It saves your billing and shipping info in a universal secured checkout. It removes everything you hate about online purchases outside of Amazon.
Carlo4
AG
https://news.yahoo.com/eurozone-economy-suffers-unprecedented-collapse-093032734--finance.html

TChaney
AggieKeith15
AG
GreasenUSA said:

jbeck3487 said:

It seems we have a lot more people watching the AH action like hawks. I felt like there was some play-by-play calling going on. lol
Yep, definitely several manic newcomers cluttering the thread.

As someone who is new to this thread trying to contribute I don't appreciate being shamed for posting. Not to mention your "get off my lawn" post is definitely not stock market related and is in fact clutter. Just some food for thought.

I'll see myself out now. Thanks!

Exsurge Domine
TChaney said:

Looks like CROX and DPZ have good earnings reports if i'm reading everything correctly.

DPZ killed it

McInnis 03
AG
Exsurge Domine said:

TChaney said:

Looks like CROX and DPZ have good earnings reports if i'm reading everything correctly.

DPZ killed it

2x in a row now. And down in premarket.
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
gougler08
AG
McInnis 03 said:

Exsurge Domine said:

TChaney said:

DPZ killed it

2x in a row now. And down in premarket.
Withdrew long term outlook

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/04/22/dominos-pizza-dpz-q1-2020-earnings.html
McInnis 03
AG
Them and everyone else. DPZ should be one of the few that could say "hey, we expect to continue to deliver pizza and obesity in the coming months"
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
Rice and Fries
Over under on 4.3M as the jobless claims rise?

I'm taking the over
GreasenUSA
AG
AggieKeith15 said:

GreasenUSA said:

jbeck3487 said:

As someone who is new to this thread trying to contribute I don't appreciate being shamed for posting. Not to mention your "get off my lawn" post is definitely not stock market related and is in fact clutter. Just some food for thought.

Hey! Newbies are most certainly welcome. One thing that is great about this thread is that it is very welcoming to most all.

When I mention a manic post, I'm talking more along the lines of all but begging certain posters for updates on their positions.. multiple times in a span of minutes. As someone who does this for a living, one of the first things I had to learn before I was successful was how to sell. Only you can know your risk tolerance and what is best for your account. I can guarantee that OA's exit points are often not going to be applicable to someone with a $10k account.

I also think it's important to understand that even the most successful people in here are posting opinions. I don't post much, but I've followed each of the WHALES in this thread for lottos over the years. I've won some and I've lost some. No one is perfect at this.

Keep posting, keep asking questions, we all learn from each other!

AgShaun00
AG
Rice and Fries said:

I'm taking the over
over, a few of my suppliers in construction laid people off last week. As a contractor, we are still going strong. i was surprised to see that.
Aggietaco
AG
Prognightmare said:

Based on the volume today, I believe SDC busts through 6 at the open unless futures are down 500.
Sitting at 6+ pre-market. Going to be another profit taking and then slow rise day?

I might buy into a few shares at the early sell off to see what happens.
TXAG14
TXAG14 said:

Fed will pump it in the morning after unemployment announced.

Goooooood morning!
IrishTxAggie
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

AggiePeeps06 said:

Now down after hours. This is going to be a rollercoaster
No it's not. I'm showing $42 bid and $42.25 ask real time.

What platform are you on?

Ignore AH. You're likely going to wake up tomorrow and this thing will be over $45.

Carlo4
AG
Unemployment 4.4 million. Total unemployment 26 million last 5 weeks.
Exsurge Domine
So it seems like the only trading Algo needed is monitoring cheddarflow in the last hour of trading and looking for any unusual activity > 500k
Baby Billy
AG
Get in on ERI today?
McInnis 03
AG
Rice and Fries said:

I'm taking the over
It was 4.4MM

B&I Key:
Exsurge Domine
Carlo4 said:

Rocket ship?
gig em 02
Carlo4 said:

Which I don't think includes anyone that was given a 2-3 month severance package, that number is easily 30+.
GigEmRangers75455
4.4 million unemployed announced and green we go. Crazy times.
Rice and Fries
So the total is now like 25M Americans unemployed?

Edit: 26M. Wowzers.
Carlo4
AG
Aggies75455 said:

4.4 million unemployed announced and green we go. Crazy times.

There is resistance at 2810 for S&P. Won't go too far to test.
AggieKeith15
AG
Appreciate the kind response. I just wanted to speak up as one of the newbs on here. Makes for an unwelcoming vibe otherwise. Now I will stop derailing!

Back to the stock market!
AgShaun00
AG
so is everyone dumping LVS today or holding longer?

I actually have shares.
jj9000
AG
Rice and Fries said:

The biggest disconnect between Wall Street and Main Street in American history.

The rug will get pulled. It may come as a slower drip than it should, but it will get pulled.
La Bamba
AG
Rice and Fries said:

BUY BUY BUY. All time highs here we come!
AgShaun00
AG
GreasenUSA said:

AggieKeith15 said:

GreasenUSA said:

jbeck3487 said:

Hey! Newbies are most certainly welcome. One thing that is great about this thread is that it is very welcoming to most all.

When I mention a manic post, I'm talking more along the lines of all but begging certain posters for updates on their positions.. multiple times in a span of minutes. As someone who does this for a living, one of the first things I had to learn before I was successful was how to sell. Only you can know your risk tolerance and what is best for your account. I can guarantee that OA's exit points are often not going to be applicable to someone with a $10k account.

I also think it's important to understand that even the most successful people in here are posting opinions. I don't post much, but I've followed each of the WHALES in this thread for lottos over the years. I've won some and I've lost some. No one is perfect at this.

Keep posting, keep asking questions, we all learn from each other!

Great post. i struggle on when to sell. I done it well with some and awful with other. I started to use Microsoft onenote as a journal of my buy and sells. I will then go back at my sells and see the current price and look at the chart for something I missed.

My recent fail was not selling at least half of VBIV when it rocketed up to over 2 the other days and then a few days later, they have a private placement at 1.10 and the stock tanked back down. My gut said to sell half, but I got greedy. My rule this year to make increase the percent of profitable trades. Not home runs.
IrishTxAggie
AG
AgShaun00 said:

so is everyone dumping LVS today or holding longer?

I actually have shares.

You essentially picked the bottom on LVS. I don't think it will see lows again IMO.
TXAG14
Bottom was in March.
First Page Last Page
Page 1376 of 6381

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.