Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

21,963,408 Views | 223984 Replies | Last: 4 min ago by Spoony Love
YNWA_AG
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Only 500 shares traded. Probably some guy on robinhood dumping his.
IrishTxAggie
AG
YNWA_AG said:

Only 500 shares traded. Probably some guy on robinhood dumping his.

This. Unless you see blocks of 10,000+ shares getting dumped, it's a nothing burger. They don't expire for 3.5 more weeks...
McInnis 03
AG
E said:

DFS down to $34

Dropping like a rock
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
YNWA_AG
AG
Intc popped past HOD ah. Must have been something in lrcx's report
Carlo4
AG
McInnis 03 said:

E said:

DFS down to $34

Dropping like a rock
Back up to $34. Maybe not as bad as we thought.
Shiner Bock
AG
At least the c-suite has all night to figure out how to pump it up before the call in the morning
BB675
AG
Anyone in on FLIR? As soon as I bought this on Monday it has tanked. I would have thought this stock would continue to rise given the increased demand for their product. Between FLIR and DFS, I am down big.
Grown Pear
AG
DFS options is gonna take a chunk out of things for me but INTC/LVS will make up for it.

I purchased 15 shares of FLIR early this week as well. I see it as a solid L/T investment and will add to the position if it drops into the low 30's again.
AgEng06
AG
The 5/15 DFS calls I got in on w/ some others earlier today are down ~23% so far... but I'm hanging in there.
Grown Pear
AG
AgEng06 said:

The 5/15 DFS calls I got in on w/ some others earlier today are down ~23% so far... but I'm hanging in there.
I'm thinking I'll dump the 41's I have tomorrow morning and redeploy the remaining capital elsewhere. The way I see it is the earnings call placed a big premium on things for me to get share price to jump. It's not (doing the opposite). So the only news that can help DFS is overall general market or financial sector news, not anything DFS specific. If that's the case I can't see the stock jumping 20-25% in the next few weeks for me to break even.

I might hang onto the 36.5's I picked up along the way... but second guessing those as well.

EDIT - I have the LVS 41's and the DFS 40's + 36.5's
gougler08
AG
Glad I went shares one DFS, ok on a short term drop
AgEng06
AG
Yeah, I've got the DFS 40.
La Bamba
AG
SPY intraday gains wiped out during AH session. 278.36 now.
TXAG14
Fed will pump it in the morning after unemployment announced.
CSTXAg92
AG
Exsurge Domine said:

I feel like a trading god again, just seeing +137% daily gain on WLL
Seems like a great time to revisit this jewel...

Exsurge Domine
CSTXAg92 said:

Exsurge Domine said:

I feel like a trading god again, just seeing +137% daily gain on WLL
Seems like a great time to revisit this jewel...

I am he
sdc177
AG
BB675 said:

Anyone in on FLIR? As soon as I bought this on Monday it has tanked. I would have thought this stock would continue to rise given the increased demand for their product. Between FLIR and DFS, I am down big.
Sorry but your posts have become entertaining because it seems like every time you are complaining about something that went wrong or you regret. Tell me when you last made a move you were happy with?

Also, I assume you bought Tuesday AM around $43???
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Dfs guys: relax! The call isn't until tomorrow. Guidance is everything
McInnis 03
AG
NRD09 said:

Dfs guys: relax! The call isn't until tomorrow. Guidance is everything

Heh. Yeah. And everyone seems to be pulling it.
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
moses1084ever
AG
Quote:

Who's selling that kind of volume? How do you know which side of the transaction "knows something" that the other side doesn't?

Market makers. They make their $$$ on the bid ask spread.
Grown Pear
AG
Ledge...Stepped back from.
AgEng06
AG
Grown Pear said:

Ledge...Stepped back from.

Grown Pear
AG
Don't call my bluff!
AgEng06
AG
If you were looking to get into DIS, ROKU, AAPL etc for a long hold, what entry price would you be looking for?

Other top long-term ideas welcome.
TheCougarHunter
AG
SHOP has been crushing it. Is it a bubble or the next AMZN?

I'm really thinking about selling as I've seen a 100% increase since I bought in.
khaos288
AG
TheCougarHunter said:

SHOP has been crushing it. Is it a bubble or the next AMZN?

I'm really thinking about selling as I've seen a 100% increase since I bought in.

Sell half and have a net free amount of shares.
Grown Pear
AG
DIS in the 80/90 range sure is hard to beat. If it dips back down to mid 90's easy decision. Even now for a long term hold I love.

AAPL I just don't know if we'll see bargain discounts anytime soon. I'd buy in a little now and more if it dips. Another long term security that I think is on the lower risk side but will look even better a year from now.

ROKU seems like a good play & trade. I don't have a good grasp on it as far as a long term hold goes.
AgEng06
AG
Thanks for the reply!
AggieKeith15
AG
I dont think it's been mentioned on here, but I'd be at least somewhat cautious of buying shares that have heavy Chinese manufacturing. A lot of those production lines will get more expensive with tariffs and public backlash.

In my mind you can always buy those after things get better, as I'm not sure they are that good of a bargain still at 20-30 % off.
gvine07
AG
Serious question: aren't most big companies dependent on Chinese manufacturing?
AggieKeith15
AG
Couldn't find the manufacturing numbers, but I found the sales into China numbers. Should be relevant as well.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/trade-war-watch-these-are-the-us-companies-with-the-most-at-stake-in-china-2018-03-29

ETA: The article is from 2018, so numbers have definitely changed since. Still a good snapshot for reference.
Dale Earnhardts Stache
AG
AggieKeith15 said:

I dont think it's been mentioned on here, but I'd be at least somewhat cautious of buying shares that have heavy Chinese manufacturing. A lot of those production lines will get more expensive with tariffs and public backlash.

In my mind you can always buy those after things get better, as I'm not sure they are that good of a bargain still at 20-30 % off.

I would say that it depends on the company. Foxconn would have a plant built in Vietnam (or other LCR) in no time if tariffs on Chinese goods became a barrier to doing business with AAPL under the current supply chain structure. If you're buying AAPL as a true long term hold (3-5 years) then I'm not sure that you can go wrong. One man's opinion.

Also, tariffs on Chinese manufacturing wouldn't make the production lines more expensive to operate. They would make the goods more expensive on the consumer market. Tariffs are only paid if the goods leave China and enter the US (in our case). Not everything rolling off the line at a Chinese plant would get hit with tariffs. Landed cost would be higher in the US than other countries in the case of the US imposing tariffs on Chinese goods.
AggieKeith15
AG
To hold for a year or more I agree! I was really meaning as far as gains to be had in the upcoming months, not for a long term buy.

To your second point, technically yes, the tariffs are passed on to the consumer, however there is an additional expense to move manufacturing if in the event a company wants to avoid avoid public scrutiny. Also tariffs do limit the number of consumers willing/able to buy, as the prices will likely go up, so that could potentially lower your revenues.
McInnis 03
AG
Grown Pear said:

DIS in the 80/90 range sure is hard to beat. If it dips back down to mid 90's easy decision. Even now for a long term hold I love.

AAPL I just don't know if we'll see bargain discounts anytime soon. I'd buy in a little now and more if it dips. Another long term security that I think is on the lower risk side but will look even better a year from now.

ROKU seems like a good play & trade. I don't have a good grasp on it as far as a long term hold goes.

I will be watching Apple's earnings closely. Now might be the best time to sell puts if you want in on 100 shares at a certain level on a discount.

With so much of their revenue arm (stores) shutdown so long and with minimal stock price hit, they may feel momentary pain you could capitalize on.

B&I Key:
AgEng06
AG
So what's up with the Jan 15 2021 DIS options? Something about DIS and FOXA shares?

(Not that I'm looking to buy these, but noticed and was curious)
First Page Last Page
Page 1375 of 6400

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.