Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,090,475 Views | 224480 Replies | Last: 3 min ago by Brian Earl Spilner
Bob Knights Paper Hands
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Carlo4 said:

Russel 2000 is the interesting one of these. It's not "participating" in the same positive results as the others.

Retraced exactly 38.2%, bounced down, and, as of now with the overnight gains, is within .7 points of that 38.2% retracement. It is way behind the three main indexes.

Potentially related to higher risk of bankruptcies would be my guess. People moving more into medium and large cap investments in challenging times even with bailouts.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
Something odd is that the Russell 1000, which is even smaller cap, is tracking closer to the larger cap indexes. It has at least come close to 50% retracement from the bottom, while the Russell 2000 hasn't. I guess there are some small-not-micro cap companies that must be way down in order for this to happen?
Bob Knights Paper Hands
Yes it's a ton of smaller oil companies weighing R2000 down that aren't in the R1000. There's also some interesting cases like TUP, CAL, and HALL.
jj9000
AG
Some of you O&G guys talk me out of taking a long position in USO and just sitting on it for a few years.
La Bamba
AG
Good morning all, SPY flirting around with 286-288, the big COVID vaccine names gapping up big MRNA and GILD. Tech names that have been runners are a bit weak pre market today, AMZN, NFLX, WORK on thoughts that we will open back up soon. AMC gapping up nice today. Should be fun. Hoping to close some SPY 286c at the open if price agrees. Good luck to all,
AnyOtherName
AG
The cause for futures jumping over night. $Glade... Haha Happy Friday gang. Hope everyone can close out strong today.

59 South
AG
Anyone else who uses StockMaster app having issues today?

Today seems like a day to be selling and not buying. That is being rational though in an irrational market so who knows. Blowoff top, typical retrace levels, Friday, sell the news, etc...

Somebody please load up on puts so this thing keeps going.
ProgN
AnyOtherName said:

The cause for futures jumping over night. $Glade... Haha Happy Friday gang. Hope everyone can close out strong today.

Fake news

No virus could survive cheap beer and Gumby's Pizza farts.
AnyOtherName
59 South
AG
There are no words for that pic
La Bamba
AG
Anyone up for a good conspiracy theory/ballsy enough for a good short/put buy?

fairviewcrew
I would strongly suggest against the USO as a long term oil bet... the roll yield & contango (shape of curve) will eat you up. Oil could rip and USO will be stuck in the mud.

If you want to place LT oil bets you can: #1 open an interactive brokerage account and buy individual contracts (min lot size makes this a hurdle for some), or the much easier answer is to just buy some well capitalized equities which you know will be around in two years: COP, HES, PXD, EOG, CXO, CVX.... below large caps I'd only go w/ WPX or PE
AgOutsideAustin
AG
Happy days are here again .... so buy buy buy !!
Seven Costanza
AG
AnyOtherName said:

They could have used some sort of pun there. "Silent, but deadly? Doctors say coronavirus may spread through farts. Experts say this theory stinks."
Aggie_2463
AG
Alright boys time to make some money todayyyy
PPAag06
AG
Hoping someone with more experience can comment as quite a few of my stocks have gapped up over night. I need to be taking profits on a potential pull back to fill the gap, correct? Maybe take 50% off the table and then close the rest on weakness?
Post removed:
by user
McInnis 03
AG
La Bamba said:

Anyone up for a good conspiracy theory/ballsy enough for a good short/put buy?

I was thinking puts on GILD last night, hear me out, talk me down....

We played this stock a month or two back, a lot of us. We watched it rocket from mid 60's to touching 80 while most of us held the 80C at the time. When news of Remd would come out, BOUNCE, when it would go quiet, DROP. Remd hasn't stopped working this whole time, it's been treating the WORLD for months. It's not viable for sale yet, FDA isn't going to clear it for full clearance on an itty bitty study. Liver toxicity from my understanding is still going to be a concern.

This is a news bounce. Buy the rumor, sell the news. I think a put could be a fun play on GILD.
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
tlepoC
AG
Agree. Made really good money on GILD calls and puts last month.
McInnis 03
AG
Aggierific said:

Agree. Made really good money on GILD calls and puts last month.
All this being said, do I think Remdisivir is going become one of the first line's of defense on wave 2 of this virus? Sure as hell I do. I just think short term trading can make a play on the downside for GILD....mind my sig
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
Maximus_Meridius
AG
RoyalOak00 said:

For those that have a SPY CALL at 286. How high does this thing go before you sell off to make a little or break even?
depends on what premium you paid for it.
La Bamba
AG
I really like the GILD put idea. This news seems like a big nothing burger. Nothing new at least.
GreasenUSA
AG
PPAag06 said:

Hoping someone with more experience can comment as quite a few of my stocks have gapped up over night. I need to be taking profits on a potential pull back to fill the gap, correct? Maybe take 50% off the table and then close the rest on weakness?
Only you can know your objective. I don't know your time frame, but if you are day trading, it may be worth it to you to wait a few candles for the direction to set.

https://tradingsim.com/blog/day-trading-morning-gaps/

AgShaun00
AG
La Bamba said:

I really like the GILD put idea. This news seems like a big nothing burger. Nothing new at least.
wow, gild up to 85 PM.
AgCPA95
AG
Good gracious ROKU keeps running. I'm thinking it is ripe for a pullback as it approaches/breaks pre-corona levels.
Post removed:
by user
Rice and Fries
jj9000 said:

Some of you O&G guys talk me out of taking a long position in USO and just sitting on it for a few years.

Why not RDS/A or RDS/B? Collect that 10%+ annual dividend and price appreciation.
McInnis 03
AG
RoyalOak00 said:

AgShaun00 said:

La Bamba said:

wow, gild up to 85 PM.
What's the deal here? Hovering between $75-$77 for a few days and now it's popped over night. What PUT are you considering? I may follow your lead...
An article was released last night about maybe 60 patients in Chicago with good results (better than baseline). It's premature though. Stock popped again........lather rinse repeat.

B&I Key:
tam2002
AG
Rice and Fries said:

jj9000 said:

Why not RDS/A or RDS/B? Collect that 10%+ annual dividend and price appreciation.

This x1000. Loaded up on more RSD/B the other day
La Bamba
AG
Also, I know MRNA has good news going for itself, but the chart is parabolic to the upside currently. I may buy a few puts there as well if the chart looks like failed follow thru and losing momo.

Gild looks heavy against 86-87 premarket. Two interesting watches this morning.
McInnis 03
AG
GILD is dropping constantly....not going to be much meat on that bone at open

B&I Key:
La Bamba
AG
McInnis 03 said:

GILD is dropping constantly....not going to be much meat on that bone at open
CNBC jumped on the issues with the report.
Carlo4
AG
Oil at $17.67 and falling
McInnis 03
gougler08
AG
Rice and Fries said:

jj9000 said:

+1 - once oil rebounds it will sit around 50-60 most of the time with the odd spike up to 70 (when I sell)
First Page Last Page
Page 1338 of 6414

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.