Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,104,803 Views | 224602 Replies | Last: 32 sec ago by McInnis 03
Spaceship
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Prognightmare said:

tam2002 said:

Anyone got a good beat down stock they like for some good growth in 2 years time? Got some ideas what I want to do just want to see if there's some better ideas
If holding 1-2 years, SDC should be apart of your portfolio. They do a billion in sales and they're under $5/shr, that's a no brainer for a LT hold.

Interesting prospect. I'm a novice at this but their net income and cash flow are both negative though - is that not a pretty significant concern?
Aston04
AG
aggiegolf86 said:

I see a lot of talk on here about XOM. Is it a better buy compared to VLO? Was thinking about buying one of these today
I'm tempted too go long an oil stock. But just seems like a long road through hell right now until demand picks up.
Ragoo
AG
RPMag said:

Ragoo said:

RPMag said:

Anybody holding Netflix? How high do we think it will go?
85 shares from a purchase in 2016
Earnings report on 4/21 and new price target of $490. Have to imagine it will continue the path it is on for a while.
agreed. I am thinking to hold through this covid crisis. I am not sure it can sustain beyond.
Post removed:
by user
GigEmRangers75455
Aston04 said:

aggiegolf86 said:

I see a lot of talk on here about XOM. Is it a better buy compared to VLO? Was thinking about buying one of these today
I'm tempted too go long an oil stock. But just seems like a long road through hell right now until demand picks up.

I bought both VLO and XOM early March and sold all on Monday for around a 17% gain. They will both be back in the 30s at some point soon (XOM touching it today) and I'll reload when that happens.
IrishTxAggie
AG
I have flipped XOM a few times the last few weeks only because the market was so volatile and that was the one I thought I wouldn't get caught with my pants completely down if it turned worse. I expect XOM to cut their dividend to have the cash on hand for acquisitions over the next couple of years. If you're an investor and not a trader and don't have to worry about the money for a bit, XOM and CVX should be at the top of your radar to add to your portfolio IMO. Maybe MRO too. If you want to trade something, much better trading equities out there
Grown Pear
AG
I like XOM long-term but got out of it on the way down. Am keeping a small % in VDE (Vanguard's Energy ETF) to stay exposed to the sector. XOM/Chevron alone make up almost 40% of the fund which I like being concentrated on those two but with exposure to many others.
Ragoo
AG
ROKU calls all over the place for the 4/17 weekly.
IrishTxAggie
AG
Ragoo said:

ROKU calls all over the place for the 4/17 weekly.
Surprisingly, not a whole lot of large options activity on them though. Volume everywhere, just no huge call blocks or sweeps
FrontPorchAg
It seems like they are the only thing holding up the sector. Why not just own the two stocks?
All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others
Post removed:
by user
Grown Pear
AG
Primarily at first to capture some losses from XOM/CVX but still be exposed to them which has worked well. I've now bought back into XOM some in the high 30's. VDE will be long-term hold, it may not return as much as XOM/CVX solely would but I want to rebuild exposure to energy mkt at such a low point. It may take a while but its a small % of my money for L/T.

ETA - I'm coming up with an investment policy for myself during this time and moving significantly into passive funds (like 90% of my portfolio). Will be keeping ~10% to "play" with or increase exposure to certain stocks. But I want to keep that very limited. I'm about to be a whole lot busier and just won't be able to be as engaged with my investments like I used to. Plus I'll have to be very careful with individual investments due to work (clients).
BearkatRunner88
AG
Boat Shoes said:

Exsurge Domine said:

oldarmy1 said:

Shift 25% of gains from USB into those May 15 BAC $30 calls

USB reached target.

All right dude I'm following you, bought 65 of them. Let's see what happens

I'm in as well. Cheap gamble.
Followed as well...not looking as hot.
badharambe
AG
Man. I really missed all of the NFLX long fun.

Just in case yall are wondering where we are in this bounce (if this is a bounce):

CSTXAg92
AG
Aston04 said:

aggiegolf86 said:

Almost everything in the market is on sale right now. Pick the equities you want in your portfolio long term, buy them and in 24-36 months you will look like a genius.
La Bamba
AG
SPY heavy against VWAP. so far. It's tested three times and failed to get above. I want to think we get down to the 271/270 again, where it bounced up Monday and test that.
IrishTxAggie
AG
RoyalOak00 said:

XOM has raised their dividend for 37 straight years. I just don't seem them cutting or cancelling a dividend payment for any reason based on their balance sheet and how they maneuvered 2009 and the 80's.
I get that side of it too. I just think we're in the midst of one of the greatest opportunities for companies with the balance sheets to buy up depressed assets for pennies on the dollar. If I were a long term player in XOM or CVX, I wouldn't be angry if they did it to because in 3-5yrs it will likely show to have been an excellent strategy
OverSeas AG
AG
Every knee shall bow and every tongue shall confess
DON'T TREAD ON ME
GreasenUSA
AG
Prognightmare said:

tam2002 said:

Anyone got a good beat down stock they like for some good growth in 2 years time? Got some ideas what I want to do just want to see if there's some better ideas
If holding 1-2 years, SDC should be apart of your portfolio. They do a billion in sales and they're under $5/shr, that's a no brainer for a LT hold.
I wish leaps were available for SDC. I'm only seeing options available out to October.
IrishTxAggie
AG
RoyalOak00 said:

BearkatRunner88 said:

Boat Shoes said:

Exsurge Domine said:

oldarmy1 said:

Shift 25% of gains from USB into those May 15 BAC $30 calls

USB reached target.

All right dude I'm following you, bought 65 of them. Let's see what happens

I'm in as well. Cheap gamble.
Followed as well...not looking as hot.
I see a $25 May 15 BAC call for with a .51 premium. Thoughts on this call?
I'd go with the 5/15 $22s if you think it will bounce from this sell off.
tbare89
AG
Anyone going in on LUV right now? Looking for a short term hold
Aggie_2463
AG
NRD09 said:

Aggie_2463 said:

VST $17 pre market.... got in at $15.11 yesterday for my third trade on it since last week. It's a safe play being a utility
Been looking at this based on your posts and started easing into a position this morning

Nice. Entered another position at $16 this morning as well. Reached $18.42 last week.
Post removed:
by user
IrishTxAggie
AG
Don't hold them that long. if you get a good return off of a bounce over the next few days, either sell and use some profits to go further out or cover your costs and keep a runner.
AgEng06
AG
What % qualifies as a "good return" for you? I know it depends on a lot of factors, just curious...
McInnis 03
AG
Has anyone been a member of Trader Stewie's "The art of trading" service?
BB675
AG
Any plays for a short term gain? XOM is killing me!
IrishTxAggie
AG
AgEng06 said:

What % qualifies as a "good return" for you? I know it depends on a lot of factors, just curious...
It's hard to say. It depends on the price action and what it is that I'm playing. Like today, I'm not going to sit on the SPYs and watch it chop all day and eat my premiums. It's easier to say my S/L which typically is 20-30% on options.

I was in on T calls this morning that i picked up after seeing it come in repetitively on CheddarFlow and was in at .43 and out at .60 in about 90 seconds. I'll take 40% in 90 seconds and never think twice about what was left on the table.
Post removed:
by user
Brewmaster
AG
SNSS - any of you still in it? spiked to .69 today, from the .40's. Seems to have $1 plus written all over it!
AgEng06
AG
Cool, thanks!
TXAG14
Familiarize yourself with the Greeks. Theta decay in particular.
First Page Last Page
Page 1316 of 6418

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.