Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,077,012 Views | 224428 Replies | Last: 31 min ago by El_duderino
TChaney
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
changed my mind on DRI, gonna go with BLMN instead.
Post removed:
by user
OverSeas AG
AG
Every knee shall bow and every tongue shall confess
DON'T TREAD ON ME
OverSeas AG
AG
DON'T TREAD ON ME
OverSeas AG
AG
DON'T TREAD ON ME
ProgN
Quote:

Abbott Laboratories to Launch Third Covid-19 Test
Today 9:23 AM ET (Dow Jones)Print
By Michael Dabaie

Abbott Laboratories said it is launching its third Covid-19 test.

The test is a lab-based serology blood test for the detection of the antibody, IgG, that identifies if a person has had the novel coronavirus. Antibody testing is an important next step to tell if someone has been previously infected and will provide more understanding of the virus, including how long antibodies stay in the body and if they provide immunity, Abbott said.

Abbott said the tests will ship in the U.S. starting Thursday.

The company said it is significantly scaling up its manufacturing for antibody testing and is expecting to immediately ship close to 1 million tests this week to U.S. customers, and will ship a total of 4 million tests in total for April. The company is ramping up to 20 million tests in the U.S. in June and beyond.
Hendrix
AG
OverSeas AG said:

TSLA is up like crazy this morning... what's up with that?
No idea. Their sales numbers are going to suck wind in a recession. Good luck staying solvent, Elon.
Aston04
AG
Play for the day- GEO. Private prisons. Going ex-dividend tomorrow. It's dropped some today, but not like others...
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
RSP715 said:

OverSeas AG said:

No idea. Their sales numbers are going to suck wind in a recession. Good luck staying solvent, Elon.
tsla gonna tsla

I loaded up some more uso calls. July $7 I think for .10. I truly believe any uso call dated summer or later, and sub-$10 is a safe bet
E
AG
Welp, my weekly DIS $109 calls I got yesterday at toast. Should I eat til Friday or bail out now?
azul_rain
Hendrix
AG
RoyalOak00 said:

Any options to play when this circus opens up in 5 minutes? Should have made a strong SPY put play at the end of yesterday but I was caught up in the run.

On another note it would be cool to start bucketing a few stocks that the board thinks will do well / rebound in three categories; soon (next few mos.), medium (out to about 9 mos.) and longer term (out to a year +). An example could be LUV / UAL for medium vs an XOM / RDS.A for longer term, etc. Just a thought...
For what it's worth I love DIS long term at <100/share. I think it's a no brainer if you have a 2-5 year horizon. Easy double.
CSTXAg92
AG
La Bamba said:

NURO. Covered the gap at 4.20s. I bought in this morning around the 2.60s-70s and got out at 3.20s. Yeah....talk about leaving money on the table. Squeeeeeeeze.
NURO up 30% this morning!
Post removed:
by user
ProgN
CHK is why you never want a reverse split
CSTXAg92
AG
jj9000 said:

What the heII am I watching here?

Earnings Reports are terrible.

Mfg Index looks terrible.

...and the Market is Red?

That's not how any of this works lately.
It's almost as if the world wide economy has been shut down for a few weeks!
teecoy
AG
OVV another example of why you never want a reverse split
Maximus_Meridius
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Maximus_Meridius said:

oldarmy1 said:

oldarmy1 said:

April 15 SPY put call $3 either side of the market looks worthy of trade. Premiums have deflated now so not expensive.
If youi want to go on the cheap for this play then go with $288 calls and $280 Puts for a buck each way.
eh, ended up going 287/281.

My first strangle...watch me **** this up...

You have a decision to make. SPY $278.50 is +2.50 against your $281Put side. That is above break even for both sides premium paid, so do you go full risk and hope the bottom drops out for a huge gain or buy SPY looking for a press back up?

I bought shares against 50% of my Puts here at $278.50 to leverage the down premarket. You then have positions that can't lose.
Or, door #3...think you can go pick up groceries before the market opens and miss the first 30 minutes...probably gonna pull the trigger here.
GigEmRangers75455
Anybody have an opinion on MFA? I've got a sizable holding and trying to decide to add/dump/hold.
La Bamba
AG
Ok, so I played the OA option game yesterday...bought 288 Apr 15 calls and 280 Apr 15 puts and it worked majestically. Problem was I bought some SPY shares yesterday when I didn't have to. Oh well, I like that spread/strangle strategy though.
drill4oil78
AG
We have been in a pennant pattern on this rally up to a declining 50dMA. If we break the lower uptrend line at around 2700 on SP500 look for a resumption of the decline and a retest of the lows especially if we break the 200wkMA at around 2660. This past rally looks to be a bull trap after a 50% retracement. Too many any the media bloviating about missing the bottom. Typical for a bear market rally.

Flashdiaz
AG
OverSeas AG said:

Goldman Sachs favorable rating last night
Aston04
AG
RoyalOak00 said:

Aston04 said:

Play for the day- GEO. Private prisons. Going ex-dividend tomorrow. It's dropped some today, but not like others...
So buying in today locks in the dividend as well, correct (tomorrow is ex-dividend)? Believe the current yield is roughly 13%. Not a bad play. I may have to jump in...
Correct. My strategy today is accumulate in small chunks, given how volatile the market is..
Grown Pear
AG
One can only hope [praying boy with dog]

I've been trying my hardest to be patient to deploy more capital into this mess. So close to FOMO-investing but I'm trying to be patient.
RPMag
AG
Anybody holding Netflix? How high do we think it will go?
Ragoo
AG
RPMag said:

85 shares from a purchase in 2016
IrishTxAggie
AG
teecoy said:

AVEO
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Aggie_2463 said:

VST $17 pre market.... got in at $15.11 yesterday for my third trade on it since last week. It's a safe play being a utility
Been looking at this based on your posts and started easing into a position this morning
Post removed:
by user
aggiegolf86
AG
I see a lot of talk on here about XOM. Is it a better buy compared to VLO? Was thinking about buying one of these today
AnyOtherName
AG
Could this mean that this is the bottom for retail as some of the country is bound to open back up? Meaning things most likely will not get worse?
Rice and Fries
IrishTxAggie said:

teecoy said:

AVEO
Been holding for long time...
RPMag
AG
Ragoo said:

RPMag said:

85 shares from a purchase in 2016
Earnings report on 4/21 and new price target of $490. Have to imagine it will continue the path it is on for a while.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
aggiegolf86 said:

I see a lot of talk on here about XOM. Is it a better buy compared to VLO? Was thinking about buying one of these today
there's a whole thread on XOM in this forum and the consensus seems to be that it's a bargain at these levels but here's why I got out and am wary of it:

XOM stock price traditionally parallels WTI, but the last few days/weeks oil keeps dropping and XOM has leveled out.

Their dividend is huge for their desirability to retail. They haven't cut and I think they will tank if they decide to. I'll get back in if that happens
First Page Last Page
Page 1315 of 6413

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.