Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,099,780 Views | 224561 Replies | Last: 3 hrs ago by ProgN
IrishTxAggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
RoyalOak00 said:

Irish, thanks. Look, I'm new. Actually this is my first option purchase. Question about your response...I get sell early if there's a bounce, take profit, and potentially go further out. But what does cover your costs and keep a runner imply (and how)?

TIA for the newby trying to get educated...
Sell enough of your position to cover your investment (in this case $835) and keep one or two as a "gamble"
McInnis 03
AG
Looking at AMD on an earnings play, so May 1 (earnings APril 28).....thinking a PUT would be the way to go here, any reason why AMD would kick ass right now and then kick my ass? I'm all ears.
jsap
I have a few SNSS shares. I'm hoping it'll get to at least .70 today.
Maximus_Meridius
AG
I can't think of anything. The only possible scenario could be the VPN providers and companies like Zoom/Cisco trying to upgrade server capabilities, but I don't know that any major transactions have occurred there.

Honestly, I'm not playing earnings this go 'round. This market has been so weird, it's even riskier than it usually is.
shiphunt
AG
Really want to dip my toe in some USO calls
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
BREwmaster said:

Seems to have bounce off $1 plus written all over it!
fify
lawless89
BREwmaster said:

SNSS - any of you still in it? spiked to .69 today, from the .40's. Seems to have $1 plus written all over it!
I sold at close yesterday with a .45 position
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
ftr filed ch11, this may really be it...
YNWA_AG
AG
Tsmc's March revenues are up 42.4% YOY. Total server market share is still projected to grow 5% in 2020. Amd will continue to to eat server share from intel with EPYC Rome. Intel cpus will not be able to compete with AMD until at least 2022 since they can't get past 14nm.

Still that bet might be a good play. It feels like Amd has dropped on earnings and rose during the weeks after for many earnings in a row.
TXAG14
I'd be careful. Make sure they are 2021 expiration if you do.
Fightin2010
AG
Where are you seeing that?
gougler08
AG
HOG seems like good value down around 15-16
shiphunt
AG
https://www.wsj.com/articles/frontier-communications-files-for-chapter-11-bankruptcy-11586955706
ProgN
Fightin2010 said:

Where are you seeing that?
Quote:

Frontier Communications Files for Chapter 11 Bankruptcy
9:01 am ET April 15, 2020 (Dow Jones) Print
By Jonathan Randles and Colin Kellaher

Frontier Communications Corp. filed for bankruptcy Tuesday to implement a prearranged $10 billion debt-cutting proposal backed by the telephone and internet-service provider's bondholders.

The Norwalk, Conn-based telecommunications company filed for chapter 11 protection in U.S. Bankruptcy Court in White Plains, N.Y., intending to swap $10 billion of its nearly $11 billion in unsecured bonds in exchange for 100% equity in the business. The proposal, which is supported by 75% of unsecured bondholders, must be approved by a judge and could be challenged by other creditors.

The bankruptcy filing marks the end of an era during which Frontier Communications racked up roughly $17.5 billion in debt as part of an aggressive expansion campaign that turned it into one of the nation's largest telecom companies. Unsecured bondholders would also receive $750 million in new debt and $150 million in cash under Frontier's plan.

The company has struggled to maintain its customer base as it competes with other telecommunications companies, and warned about problems for the business arising from its significant debt and limited liquidity.

The Wall Street Journal last year reported Frontier Communications was discussing plans with bondholders to reduce the debt on its balance sheet. Last month, the company skipped an interest payment to bondholders, signaling a potential chapter 11 filing could be on the horizon.

Frontier has lined up a $460 million bankruptcy loan from lenders led by Goldman Sachs Bank USA to shore up liquidity during the chapter 11 process. The financing, coupled with its more than $700 million in cash on hand, will bring total liquidity to more than $1.1 billion. Frontier said the liquidity, along with cash flow from its operations, should be sufficient to meet its operational and restructuring needs, said Carlin Adrianopoli, Frontier's vice president of strategic, in a declaration filed Wednesday.

The company said it also will proceed with a sale of its operations and assets in Washington, Oregon, Idaho and Montana to Northwest Fiber for $1.35 billion in cash by the end of the month.
tailgatetimer10
AG
AMD earnings are always so odd. But there is most definitely a laptop shortage going on right now that wasn't expected due to work from home and covid.

More often than not it does move down for whatever reason. And then works itself back and beyond.
Maximus_Meridius
AG
Got a kind of "academic" question for the group.

Yesterday SPY gapped up from about 275 to about 280, closed around 283.75. Then today we opened up around 277 (just eyeballing here). So, did we technically fill the gap from yesterday, or does it not count because we gapped down this morning? Or does it even frickin' matter?
Figh10Ag
AG
BREwmaster said:

SNSS - any of you still in it? spiked to .69 today, from the .40's. Seems to have $1 plus written all over it!
Sold at .62 this morning. Wondering if it will drop back to the .40's this week
Post removed:
by user
TChaney
YNWA_AG
AG
RoyalOak00 said:

McInnis 03 said:

Looking at AMD on an earnings play, so May 1 (earnings APril 28).....thinking a PUT would be the way to go here, any reason why AMD would kick ass right now and then kick my ass? I'm all ears.
I'm seeing earnings announcement for May 5, where are you seeing April 28? Regardless, what PUT level are you considering?

It doesn't look like AMD has announced an earnings date yet
IrishTxAggie
AG

Truly think about what this does to Germany. No concerts, Soccer/Football gatherings, parades, etc.. Now imagine if they run this into the end of September and shutdown Oktoberfest
Post removed:
by user
Pignorant
AG
ROKU
gougler08
AG
TChaney said:

gougler08 said:

HOG seems like good value down around 15-16
I have a small position right in that range, I do remember reading somewhere there were concerns about customer defaults on financing, from even before the recent economic situation. Let's say I'm trying to be optimistic but very cautious.
I sold the Apr 24 Put at 16 for $0.50 premium...I'll just pocket the cash if it doesn't go below or I'll have a position at $15.50 that I can live with for hopefully a short term hold
gougler08
AG
Pignorant said:

ROKU
That bullish harami too
gougler08
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

Truly think about what this does to Germany. No concerts, Soccer/Football gatherings, parades, etc.. Now imagine if they run this into the end of September and shutdown Oktoberfest
I understand the thinking, but from a PR point of view, why would you announce this now? Even if that's your ultimate decision, maybe see some summer data / what we have solved on medicine fronts by then?

German people have to be pissed
McInnis 03
AG
RoyalOak00 said:

McInnis 03 said:

I'm seeing earnings announcement for May 5, where are you seeing April 28? Regardless, what PUT level are you considering?
INteresting, TDA has it stated as
  • APR
  • Q1 2020 Earnings Release

But perhaps they're wrong, wouldn't be the first time.

Brewmaster
AG
Figh10Ag said:

BREwmaster said:

Sold at .62 this morning. Wondering if it will drop back to the .40's this week

Massive volume day, double the norm already. It seems to be running back up to $1 territory (has done this many times, where it goes to $1 then dumps, then back up rinse and repeat). Maybe they flash crash it 1 more time before early May ER and potential positive results.
ProgN
IrishTxAggie said:

Will this have any affect on Ramadan Bombathon? Asking for some new friends.
IrishTxAggie
AG
Prognightmare said:

IrishTxAggie said:

Will this have any affect on Ramadan Bombathon? Asking for some new friends.
No. ISIS is still on orders not to suicide bomb Europe out of fear they'll be exposed to Wuhan Flu.
Dale Earnhardts Stache
AG
What's the deal with $LTRPB today? Up to $90 from $5 since the open this morning.
Carlo4
AG
Dale Earnhardts Stache said:

What's the deal with $LTRPB today? Up to $90 from $5 since the open this morning.
and why did no one say anything until now. It's been rising at a good pace and then went parabolic
OverSeas AG
AG
Every knee shall bow and every tongue shall confess
DON'T TREAD ON ME
McInnis 03
AG
Dale Earnhardts Stache said:

HOLY MOLY
First Page Last Page
Page 1317 of 6417

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.